Sunday afternoon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday afternoon

Post  Pud on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 pm

My Lizards are ready to try again, looking to see if anyone would like to see some scales fly. I get done work around 1 and will be at the den around 1:30 for some battle before the night out with my miss.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunday afternoon

Post  Trevor Y. on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:37 pm

If you don't find anyone for a league game, I would be happy to fill in for a non-league game. Smile Can only do 2000 points until I get 6 more Treekin. Sad

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:24 pm

done, will be there with bells on. Lizards with a Slaan as the general

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:45 pm

1:30pm it is! Very Happy

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Darren it was a real fun game of Wood Elves vs Lizardmen this afternoon. I don't think the last round of combat would have decided the game, unless I somehow got lucky in combat with my 5 Dryads on your Slaan and got 4 more wounds... You would have needed to botch 4 saves, and or flee from losing combat. Highly unlikely. We were just wearing each other down slowly. Was good fun. My Glade Riders hated your Chameleons! lol!

My army is real annoying when you have to catch them to achieve objective. They are waaaay too mobile with all the skirmishers. Probably the worst scenario for you against my army.

One thing I thought of 'during' the game. If I wanted to take a small risk, I could have set up my Waywatchers 12" from your Slaan and Killing Blow'd him on the first turn (2s and a 1 to hit, then one 6 and he dead on 7 shots), and if I failed to KB him and only did a few wounds, I could have finished him off with Hail of Doom (my waywatcher unit had that enchanted item, 3D6 arrows, 1's to hit, 4's to wound). That would have changed the whole game right there. It would have been worth the sacrifice of a few waywatchers and a noble to totally kill your leader and your magic phases for the rest of the game (also getting 2 scenario points).

I think I would keep your Slaan protected inside one of your bigger units so someone doesn't snipe him off with some spell or item or something like I described above. I think other armies have cheap ways of taking out a lone mage too. Other players would have seen that right away and taken advantage of it. Luckily I haven't played for years, so I didn't recognize that opportunity until it was too late.

I liked watching the lizardmen on the field, and I love the Slaan mini!!! Damn I wish I was retired and could paint more, I would have bought both armies at once just to paint them.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top