Warhammer comics....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warhammer comics....

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:45 pm

So I didn't know they existed until recently but I picked up a volume of Warhammer:Forge of war by Dan Abnett and some other guy. It's kind of a nice combination of shitty story and shittier art. I expected more from Dan Abnett (He writes awesome 40k stuff).

Highlights of the story are pretty awesome though. It's opening scene is a battle between men and a few dwarfs (Who are awesome of course!) vs a mega chaos army. These people are obvious gamers who've dabbled in some empire armies. After a rousing speech of "Not one step back, greatswords never retreat" the greatswords split immediately upon making contact. The cannon crew after a pep talk about "No need to make ranging shots, there's no way we can miss so many" promptly misfire and run away, The token free company people in charge of "defending the wizards" decide first sign of trouble they better knife the wizards 'cause they've heard about all the horrible things that happen to those near wizards when they start casting spells, and they run away after a miscast blows off one wizards head...

Of course the dwarfs hold the line and get captured and tortured by the chaos guys but I don't want to spoil anything that doesn't happen in the first few pages.

I was hoping for more... I don't know how much is out there but I'll take a chance on some of the other titles. Why can they make such good 40k fiction and such lousy fantasy stuff?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Warhammer comics....

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I read Grudgebearer a while back (I think thats what it was called, it was also about dwarfs) and it was pretty good I guess, I didn't expect a lot going into it so it was a pleasant suprise when it didn't completely suck.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top