Summer League Reporting Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer League Reporting Thread

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 pm

I had a game against Nathan A. on Sunday.

He claims he's signed up for the league.

He beat the hell out of me in 4 turns.
8 for him.
2 for me.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Dom and I had a very short game on Saturday.

I despaired when I saw his three huge units of knights. On top of that, two units of Outriders and 2 units of Pistoliers barreling down at my Casket of Souls.

The Vanguard moves really put me at a disadvantage, and I lost all positional control. Nothing could save my Casket from the Pistoliers, nothing could threaten the Outriders, and 3 units of Knights, each 10 to 15 models strong were advancing towards my line.

Luckily I went first and repositioned my units a bit. i drew in my chariots, away from my right flank, leaving the Outriders with nothing to shoot. Magic was quite low, but I managed to reposition my army with Desert Wind and give my 8 Great Bow Ushabti double shots. these shots killed 5 out of 11 models in Dom's unit with his Level 4.

On his first turn, the flanks closed in and the middle advanced. A Miscast from Dom's Wizard blew up 5 more knights from the unit, and did a wound to the Wizard himself, leaving 1 knight and 1 hurt Wizard.

On my turn 2, my chariots charged the knights with hero on my left flank and everything else danced around a bit. All of my Stalkers arrived this turn, aimed at the Level 4. In the magic phase, I miscasted with my Hierophant and he got sucked into the warp. thanks to Khalida's Ld10 and a BSB i took only a couple wounds from crumbling (1 on the Casket, 2 on the Chariots, and 1 on one of the units of Stalkers). I managed to cast the Casket, and it killed an entire unit of Pistoliers, and reduce the other unit to 2 models.

In the shooting phase the Stalkers poured their gazes into the vulnerable Wizard, and he promptly expired. I also did some wounds to the unit of 18? Inner Circle knights with Grand Master and BSB in the middle. In the combat phase, despite rolling 22 impact hits with the chariots, I managed to inflict only a single wound (from a horse I think) and lost combat. between casualties inflicted and Combat Resolution, I lost 2 chariots.

Dom's next turn and the big I.C. unit turns around to face the Stalkers. I have to say this probably saved me. I think if Dom had charged the knights into my Ushabti this turn, he would have slaughtered them and overran into my Skeleton Archers, killing my General, BSB, and other Wizard. The 2 remaining Pistoliers charged the Casket and killed it. It exploded and killed them. In the other combat this turn Dom failed to inflict a single wound on my chariots. In return, i did 1. One failed break test later and the knights were running. I managed to roll three "1's" on three dice and did not catch them.

In my turn the Chariots charged the fleeing knights and caught them when Dom rolled three "1's" on three dice. The rest of my army turned to face the Outriders. Bowfire killed a lot of the first unit, which promptly panicked and fled off the table and through the second unit, which panicked and fled off the table.

We called it there.

It was my Wildcard challenge. 9 for me, 3 for Dom.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm

good report Eric, I could follow the action quite well.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:33 am

Zach and I played a game last night. We rolled the watchtower scenario and I knew I had lost. With only one unit even capable of holding the watchtower I was at a disadvantage right off the start. That unit couldn't even start in the watchtower since it was too big so it was a race for the tower. Unfortunately for me Zach got first turn so I had to do some delaying if I was to have a chance. I sacrificed both pegasus units and my grail knights to try to keep him from gaining the tower but unfortunately it wasn't to be, his slann and temple guard unit threw off my pegasus knights and took up residence inside. Outside the battle raged hot and fierce with buffed saurus units clashing with knights. My damsel tried to keep up with the Slann by throwing lots of dice at spells but she suffered 2 miscasts and lost 2 levels and with those 2 levels she lost my best chance at taking back the tower as she lost the ability to cast the Dwellers Below. In the end he had control of the watchtower with 8 temple guard and his slann, half a unit of saurus outside accompanied by 2 units of chameleon skinks. I had 2 small units of knights left, my damsel and a few grail pilgrims. I was fully painted, Zach was not. I think it was a ladder challenge unless he moved on the ladder earlier in the day. It was the second time we have played this league. 6-4 for Zach and he takes my spot if it was a ladder match, 5-3 if it wasn't.

Thanks for the game Zach, it was a good time! I think the first official league night was a success.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:27 am

nathanr wrote:I think the first official league night was a success.

Yup we had 2 games going, with 4 people out for games. Was a lot of fun!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 am

Joe and I played our game tonight which I issued my wildcard challenge. We drew battle for the pass and had an uneventful magic game with my shaman missing danger after an irresistible casting. After six turns I had Joe beat in a slight victory, neither was fully painted 7-5 for me and I take Joe's spot.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:33 pm

It was a fun game and was good to play wood elves again. I had popped some of his fanatics on his side which slowed down his advance along with some animosity. My wardancers made a ridiculous amount of magic resistance ward saves against 3 foot of gorks. This was my first game against the new orcs and was worried about about oodles of warmachines and monsters, of which Andre had little of both. I was proud of my lvl 3 spellweaver who went toe to toe with Grimgor for 3 rounds and survived the game.

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:26 pm

My Tomb Kings had no answer for Zack's Ethereal Slann with the full Lore of Light, Focused Rumination, and 2+ Ward Save vs. ranged attacks.

My Chariots had no answer for the unit of 8 Kroxigor that charged them in the flank after I issued the stupidest charge in the history of stupid charges.

When all was said and done, Zack won, but if I had killed a single Saurus more in the final turn (I inflicted 8 wounds with shooting) I would have finished the unit and forced a draw.

With his Wildcard challenge, it was a ladder match, and neither of us was fully painted.

7 points to Zack, 4 to me, and he takes the top spot.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:39 am

Eric and I had a game last night, let's just say it was over quickly! He massacred me in an hour if that. It was a ladder challenge (and he takes my spot). I was fully painted and he was not. It was the first time we had played this league. 9-4 for him.

Luckily the short game meant we had time to try out deadfleet. It was a fun game but I need to read up on the rules before I play again. Neither of us really knew what we were doing and we simplified a lot of rules and completely ignored or didnt know about others. Still, it was a good time and once again eric blew me out of the water.

Thanks for the games Eric!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top