Summer League Reporting Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer League Reporting Thread

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Might as well start the reporting thread.

I played Darren and Joe today.

I got a crushing victory against Darren, and beat Joe at Honour and Glory.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer League Reporting Thread

Post  Mhael on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Dominique and I squared off as well in the blood and glory scenario with Dom counting 7 and my OandG list counts 10. I took first turn. Dom was plagued by poor winds of magic and when he did get dice he failed to cast ending his phase. I managed to get foot of gork off twice (for those that dont know I get to stomp on one of your units and it doesnt turn out well for you). My orc boy bigun horde held against 6 chariots charges, 2 rounds of combat and then stood against what was left of Doms tomb guard unit with King (about 22ish) and a serpent knight thingy. While fighting and eventually running the horde was watched by Grimgor and his unit of da immortalz who proceeded to take on the kings unit and a titan. I managed to kill Doms general top of turn 6 breaking him. It was all orcs as Doms catapult failed to inflict any wounds and my unit of orc arrer boys matrixed themselves around about 300 bow shots only taking 2 wounds. I think Dom ended up taking 3 banners almost a 4th but my spider riders rallied 3 inches from the table edge. 6 pts for me 4 for Dom neither was fully painted

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:41 pm

I got two games in this weekend. On Saturday Grimgor faced off against Zachs Slann Lord. We drew the battle for the pass scenario and long story short My arrer boys failed animosity with a level 4 shaman 3 times in a row the one time the shaman got foot of gork I inflicted 5 wounds then rolled a one letting Zach stomp my horde doing 9 wounds and causing them to flee off the table. My fanatics contributed by doing 700pts worth of damage to my army. I was reduced to nothing and folded top of turn 6 with hardly anthing left on the table crushing victory for Zach 9-3.

Next I played Dom's empire army which was a death star unit of knights with general and bsb, two steam tanks two units of archers, a mortar and a unit of greatswords with two wizards. We played meeting engagement and turn one Gork stomped irresistably on the knights and the archers five times in a row before wandering off killing 8 archers and 11 knights. Unfortunately my shaman then lost three levels and spells. Grimgors unit pushed the greatswords out of a building but failed to inflict anymore damage neither did the orc horde. In the end Doms mortar blew itself up resulting in my only complete unit destroyed, Crushing victory for Dom and our second game this league 8-3

Last edited by Mhael on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Andre, don't forget the point each for ladder match. So Dom vs Andre is 8-2....becomes 7-2...minimum 2 (second time), 8-3 for ladder match.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Darren and i had a game Sunday was well, it was a ladder match and neither was fully painted.
We played the blood and glory scenario at the end of turn six both of us were still holding together so we had to use the victory points, Darren only managed to fully kill 205 points and me like 600. crushing victory for me. 9-3

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I had a game with Dom last night, I brought my bretonnians, he brought a lot of empire guns with 2 volley guns, a steam tank and a load of handgunners, pistoliers and crossbowmen. Things looked grim for the brets in the first few turns as the knights errant were hit hard in the first turn, panicked and almost ran off the table. In the next turn a small unit of knights of the realm became a reddish smear on the battlefield. My pegasus knights took a lot of fire too but managed to survive, though they didn't present much of a threat after turn 3 or so. The momentum of the battle changed in turn 3 when the steam tank charged my bretonnian lord. After miraculously surviving the impact of the steam tank (saved 7/9 wounds) he decimated it with not one but two heroic killing blows. The turn after that my grail knights charged into his unit of mounted characters containing the general, wizard lord and BSB, breaking them and running them down. The battle quickly turned into a rout as the bretonnian knights quickly closed with the empire gunners and swept them away. Crushing victory for me. Neither army was fully painted and it was not a ladder challenge. 8-2

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Its always scary facing a gunline.....until you get into combat.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:34 pm

I had a game with Dom as well. My o and g list put up a good fight but when bad got worse Dom came away with a win. 5 - 3 for Dom

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:44 am

Zach, made the drive down to Moose Jaw and he, Frank and I had a few games. My first game with Zach saw my Daemons get a crushing victory against the Lizards and neither were painted. My second game against Frank and his Tomb King army had us shaking hands on turn 5 as it was beyond all hope for the undead. I scored another crushing victory and again, neither of us were painted.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Is Frank signing up, or is it a 2 point game.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:40 pm

He's in the league.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Nathanr and I had a game. The battle was very close with the lizardmen pulling off a victory by the skin of 3 very, very stubborn saurus warriors. Nathan was fully painted I was not.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 am

It was also a ladder battle but I was unsuccessful in taking zack's spot. His MVP was a unit of Saurus that took a dual knight charge, then a rear grail knight charge, stuck around until help came and then after beating those units took on my general and two units of Pegasus knights. At the end of the game there were 3 left. They just didn't want to die. My MVP was my grail pilgrims who killed some terradons, chameleon skinks and helped with a big block of Saurus. 7-5 for zack

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:12 pm

I had a ladder battle against Andre's Orcs this afternoon.

First Storm of Magic game for either of us. It was a blast, and one of the best games I have played in a long time.

Even though there are 4D6 power dice, and the caster benefits from the Magical Flux, the best 2D6 for dispel dice makes magic quite interesting. Spells will go off. Big spells will go off, but overall, because of the scenario nature of the game, and the extra 625 points of gribblies, I would say that magic is less overwhelming than a normal 8th edition game.

In our game, my level 2 miscast on turn 3, blowing his fulcrum, himself, and my Casket of Souls all to smithereens.

i thought this was the end for me, with Grimgor's unit of Black Orcs barreling into my lines, and a 2 to 1 fulcrum count that meant Andre had access to his Dominance level spells, but Andre's miscast next turn swapped my Vampire Lord (acquired through my Sorcerous Pact) out of combat with his Bonegrinder Giant, and into his backfield, leaving his Goblin Shaman facing down my ranks of archers and Hierophant. One Magic Duel later, and I had 2 fulcrums to nought, Andre's level 4 having fallen to the petriftying stares of my Sepulchral Stalkers and massed bowfire from my chariot units.

I never got to use my loaded dice, since another of Andre's Goblin Shamans stole them with Nikkit Nikkit, and promptly died, before he could even use them.

All in all, a great game with lots of back and forth.

I don't know what we want to count wins as for the SoM scenarios, since they are just straight W/L/D, but i am guessing just normal victory?

So 7 for me and 4 for Andre since it was a ladder battle. I took his spot.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Darren and I had a game on Wednesday. It was a game of maneuvering as our units jockeyed for position on one another, but in the end I got the better ground and got a crushing victory. Both of us were unpainted.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 am

Had a game against Robert, from Regina and his Beastmen. He's not in the league and there's not much to tell as at the end of the game I had only lost a couple of models.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Me and zack played a game the other night< i used my wild card challenge for his spot. We played the blood and glory game. I focused all my attention on his temple guard unit because if i got rid of that i won the game. zack however made it real easy for me, turn one charged my flagelants and then tried to get some magic off but did it irremediably, tried to give the miscast result to one of my wizards but failed, tried to re roll the miscast result but got the worst one, killed all but his command unit and a hero, as well as his slann was still alive, also taking a bunch of my guys with him. After that it was gust a matter of me sending in some support to kill the slann and his luck hero who managed to kill my general and wound my griffon before dieing, only to let the slann run after my bird, but that also put him in the direct line of my steam tank. The tank charged him he ran from combat and died as he was also the bsb. Victory for me, 7-5

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Not sure why I drive up to Saskatoon and get my butt handed to me 2 games in a row -- but that's Warhammer. Very Happy

First game had my Daemons against Eric's Tomb Kings. Dawn attack Scenario has messed us both up, but you trudge on. With Khalida in his army there was enough poison arrows to even make Daemons sick and after a volley fo 48(?) arrows he did the 5 wounds necessary to Kill my Keeper of Secrets. I still felt a had a decent chance as his big Ushabti and Chariot units went down, but I couldn't kill the last few models in his archer unit and he won by about 300 points I think. Neither were painted. Those Knights are very, very cool.

My next game against Dom and his Empire had me quaking in my boots right from the start. I have 2 units with Standards and one big fat general and Daemons generally don't like the Blood and Glory scenario -- so I knew I was in big trouble.

Well, I think it was the fastest game I have ever played in 15 years of Warhammer -- true story. My first turn, I moved up, tried a couple spells and passed to Dom, who moved a few units, shot his 2 STEAM TANKS and 2 Cannons at the Keeper -- which promptly died. End of game. Maaaaybe a 15 minute game, possibly even 10. I showed up at 10:30, had 2 games and was out the door by 1:30 with 2 losses. Awwweeessooooooome. Laughing Neither were painted, but I wouldn't expect someone to have 2 STEAM TANKS painted! Gotta' stop bringing a knife to these gun fights. Razz

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:58 pm

I have two Storms of Magic games to report. First against Eric,s tomb kings and a pact with the vampire counts, I had my orcs and goblins with a bonegrinder giant and some sabretusks one artefact which I didnt get to use but would transforn a lowly night goblin into a giant (fun).

Second game against Dom same list for me and he took the firmir balefiend and not sure what else.

Beware the miscast table especially if in the fulcrums, both Eric and Dom managed to blow a wizard and the fulcrum up, I miscast and turned all wizards friendly and enemy into frogs against Dom and against Eric I charged a fulcrum with the bonegrinder giant and then all wizards got pulled out and redispersed randomly effectively putting my night gobby in the fulcrum the bonegrinder giant charged. That being said I got pounded by magic both games and had some useless magic myself.

End result Eric beat me having two fulcrums to my none and I beat Dom likewise. Against Eric 6-4 and against Dom 4-2

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 pm

I already reported our game Andre.

On Saturday evening, Joe and i had a game. Storm of Magic. Some phenomenally bad dice rolls, combined with some tragic dice rolls left me scrambling to last 6 turns, let alone win. Victory to Joe, 6 to 3.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 pm

How did Andre get ahead of me on the ladder again? Our game was a ladder game, and I did win. My game against Joe wasn't a ladder battle, and he's way ahead of me anyways. Andre beat Dom right after me, but that wasn't a ladder battle either. I swear it was updated properly before, but now I'm back down on the bottom.

I was trying to challenge Carson last weekend, because it would have been a ladder challenge...

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Played against Neil and his O&G. Non-league game only 2 points.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm

who won knuckle brain?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Those poor, poor Orcs and Goblins. Very Happy I barely lost a model.

I'm finding Daemons incredibly boring....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:29 pm

ok i'll fix up the mistakes.

point and click buddy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down