This Friday (the 29th now!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This Friday (the 29th now!)

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:37 am

Since no one was interested in having a game on the 23rd, is anyone up for making an event of it on the 29th? Scott says he can be there, is anyone else going to make it?

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Friday (the 29th now!)

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 am

It's a long shot for me, I will try and find out by noon for you Eric.

However I could plan a game with you for next friday (Aug 29)?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:11 pm

I could possibly make it next friday as well. This last weekend I was up at Waskesiu for an office "summer team building". The "team building" exercises involved jeag-bombs and tequila shots whilst golfing. Last year we went to Vegas.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:18 pm

nathanr wrote:I could possibly make it next friday as well. This last weekend I was up at Waskesiu for an office "summer team building". The "team building" exercises involved jeag-bombs and tequila shots whilst golfing. Last year we went to Vegas.

Your team sounds better than my team.

Last week I was dealing with 2/4 of my staff quitting because my team probably doesn't go to vegas or Waskiesiu.

Eric, how about 7:00pm(ish). I can have another game following.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:53 pm

I would like to get a game against Nathan to replace the one I screwed him out of by accepting your challenge last time.

Nathan, you possibly up for one when me and Scott finish our Daemonic rematch?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey, if Nathan can only play you at 7:00, I could always play you afterwards.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Alright, Nathan, it is to you.

If you're available Friday, lemme know.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 am

I could play you after Scott if that works for you, I'll try to be there around 8-8:30. 2000 points?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:57 am

Okay I only got time for one game, I will be there around 7:15 and We'll see who plays who.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah, that works for me.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Boo-Yah! I really, really played an awful game of warhammer against Eric. I had no plan, played poor, but still because Nurgle loves me I massacred Eric, neither army was painted!

I Riggedy-Rule yo!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:30 am

It was disastrous to say the least. Over 5 rounds of combat, my Keeper of Secrets did 0 wounds to 2 Plague Beasts. They, in return, rolled approximately 70 attacks against me. I don't think they rolled less than 11 attacks a turn all game.

I guess being on the wrong side of a massacre is what happens when you roll low for casting, dispelling, combat and saves while rolling high for leadership. In all seriousness, it was probably the single most dice-skewed game I have ever witnessed, let alone played. We were both way outside the standard deviations for dice rolling, just out opposite ends...

I took out all of my frustration on Nathan's poor Elves. The #1 Tzeentch spell from my level 2 Herald managed to annihilate a Treeman (in the first turn!) and 3 Treekin, respectively rolling 6 and 7 flaming hits at Strength 7 against them. The worst part was that each of his Wizards died with an unused dispell scroll!

With the Treeman gone, my Keeper was pretty much unassailable, and went from winning combat to winning combat, rolling up most of his army. A smattering of skirmishers apparently make great targets for Greater Daemons!

All in all, it was an interesting night. I can't say the game against Scott will go down in the annals as a great game, but each game tonight was certainly a unique experience.

Nathan was fully painted.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 am

I had a bad feeling about my chances when the treeman went down in the first turn... It turned out to be a fun game though. I'll get you next time!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 pm

So after having slept on it, I now realize what bothered me most about the game against Scott.

Thanks to my Daemonic Gifts, for 2 rounds of combat, his Great Unclean One with the Plague Sword (hits automatically wound, cause D6 wounds) failed his Temptator test, and was forced to fight his own Plague Beasts which were engaged with my Keeper of Secrets.

Even in those two rounds of combat, where I effectively had 2 Greater Daemons fighting them, for a combined total of 1200+ points, the damn things STILL did not have a single wound inflicted on them!

What the heck?

Those dudes need a promotion Scott.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Promoted? Now where to go when you're at the top baby! I might demote them and turn them into a Keeper of Secrets! BAM!

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been there. It was like I was custom ordering dice rolls. Nurgle stuff is supposed to be tough but it WAS retarded. I love it!

The only good thing I can say is that it was just a friendly game for nothing other than pride. If I had been on your side of the table in a tournament, or anything where the outcome would help me gain something, I would have gotten so drunk last night and bored everyone within one stumblin' block about the tales of the dice that robbed me. The stories honestly sound fake.

Eric's Keeper rolled Boxcars (Or maybe an eleven) twice with his BsB's help which is how he ultimately died.

When My GUO attacked my own plaguebeasts and only needed 3's to hit I rolled three ones and a two. All his hits wound automatically which was another kick in the teeth.

Eric miscast two spells in the first phase, where as I rolled unstoppable force with my GUO on just two dice in a situation that actually mattered.

Not that big a deal but the Masque of Slaaneedh never rolled higher than a one on a D3 to use here special abilities (Then got squished by my awesome GUO)

And so on..... NURGLE!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Ah, wish I could have been there. Its always fun to watch those kind of games just for the sheer craziness of it all. Don't think I've ever seen two greater deamons fighting the same unit....awesome. How many dollars were ganged up against each other in that fight?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:07 pm

According to xe.com, after exchange the forgeworld monsters are a total of $345.96CAD + shipping, so add that to the Plague Beast cost, probably ~$400.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top