Hobby Corner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hobby Corner

Post  Carson on Mon May 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Ok, here is the other topic idea I wanted to throw out. Here is a spot to ask for hobby help or ideas. Again I'll start this off.

A few have asked how I do my snow bases. So here is the recipe......woodland scenic snow flock mixed with pva white glue to a toothpaste like consistency. Apply to the base and then immediately redip into fresh snow flock. Gives a really good result and is very simple.

I've also started off with swamp basing for my Skaven. I first glue down a small jagged piece of cork board leaving room for the "swamp water". I then take very small balls of green stuff and glue them on the "swamp water area" to look like gas bubbles. Once this is done I cover the area with white pva. Once dry I paint the swamp area with desert yellow, let dry, wash with either green or purple wash, let dry, paint with 'ardcoat varnish. Gives a great result but is a bit time consuming.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobby Corner

Post  squalie on Mon May 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Pictures of the Swamp or it didn't happen. It's good to see Mr. grouchy pants back on the saddle! Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon May 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Yep! Pics!

Maybe we should have a sub forum for this. People can post questions or little step by steps?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon May 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Carson I made a coupel new sub forums, is that the kind of thingy you were after? I thought it might make it easier for people to find stuff they were looking for if we started posting suff there.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon May 23, 2011 11:23 pm

cool beans, I'll post up some pics asap.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top