Masters round 1 season 3 sign-up

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Masters round 1 season 3 sign-up

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Had a conversation with Carson last night about that exact same thing. I suggested the 1-2-3 ranking thing like I suggested it a YEAR ago. The problem is that no one will ever be truly honest when you have a room full of friends and good aquaintances. The ranking forces some hard decisions.

Sounds like work, but I like Eric's idea. It's either that or a secret rating.

Congrats on the win Don, you're lucky you didn't have to face me
Don't I know it. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:28 pm

When you have no choice other than putting down a 1, 2, and 3, and you have to use them all, how can someone be dishonest?

I think Carson would probably notice if they put down 1, 1, 1...

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Yep, still working at getting the soft scoreing right. The battle points scoring system works very well, now if we can just figure out the rest. Erics suggestion looks promising.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm

What I mean is in ANY public soft score rating sheet, one can be slightly (or moderately) stung if they feel the crit from their opponent is unjustified.

The example I gave to Carson the other night is that most of us are friends and at least good aquaintances. If we're having a great time during a game and you think I'm an ok guy, that may change slightly after you noticed that I grilled you for taking too long for your turns or trying to go back, etc. The next game we play, that will be stuck in your tooth and the mood may be slightly altered. NO ONE is exempt from this emotion -- I don't care who you are. I'm just posting this to explain myself, but I like Eric's idea that he stole from somewhere. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top