Gamesday in Moose Jaw -- Saturday May 7th!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gamesday in Moose Jaw -- Saturday May 7th!

Post  Carson on Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 am

I'll be there by 9:30 Sat. morning at the latest.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue May 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Dom and I are going down Friday night and I will have room for one more Darren if you need a lift. What is the call on playing a league game but according to the Heroic last stand rules as far as points given? 2-2? Also I was reading up on the battle royale rules seems cool if there are guys willing to give it a try.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 pm

I have room to bring another person if someone still needs a ride.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Fri May 06, 2011 5:37 pm

sorry guys, got a new job and i will be working all day of the 7th wish i could have been there but i will make the next one. have fun and enjoy the company.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm

well this weekend was a lot of fun. thanks don for hosting us and whatnot.
now on to the battle report,
my first game was against zach, we were playing battle for the pass, all was going well for me of the start on one flank my knight plowed through skinks and saurus alike, on the other flank my great swords and crazies tore through a block of saurus and the center was quickly whittling down his temple guard, that's when things got bad for me, his stegadon got my flank of the crazies , and his skinks and teradons shot my gretswords and my center unit got beat and failed a break test and were chased down. my knights were to far away to help at this point, it was a win for zach.

my second game against ..... dwarfs ( its bad but i cant remember his name ), my crazies ran up the center, charged a warrior unit with bsb, and kept moving forward leaving dwarf dust behind them. my crossbows made SHORT work of his slayers and the rest of my army just kept moving , crushing victory for me

my third i switched up and used dwarfs and played erics daemons, we were in combat turn 2 and daemons did what they did best, the dwarfs succumbed and i got beat out easy, nuff said crushing victory for eric

the last game we played as a 1v1v1v1 using the rules in the book for battle royal. it was alot of fun with things happening on every section of the table. i took some pics that i will put up latter on

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue May 10, 2011 2:20 pm

First off, thanks to anyone that showed up and had a good time. Those that didn't have a good time -- you can bugger off. We had room for more people and I really do want to make this an "every two month or so" kinda thing. Heck, even more often than that if possible.

My games.....didn't go so well. Carson absolutely made it so that his Warriors made my High elves a dying breed indeed. Viscious game and I extended my hand with only a few elves left on the table. He's going to tell you that I rolled bad, but since I never do that -- he's lying. Wink Next game against Zach and his Lizzies, was actually one of the best games I played in awhile and really did show one of the only things I don't like about 8th edition. the fleeing at the end of the game rule. Kinda rubbish. Seriously great game and I think we both had renewed respect for what each army is capable of. My first 2 magic phases had me rolling 2 ones for dice and the next 2 had me rolling a one and a two for dice. Crazy. What happened with that though is Zach generally only had one dice to dispel and my one or 2 spells got off for sure. At the end of the game, half of his army on his left flank was running and My arch mage nestled in with the one remaining Lothern Seaguard was running. But alas, since you can't count fleeing units in 8th, Zach had to settle for watching 2 single Elf models worth EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINETY TWO POINTS run home unharmed which gave me the solid win. Really, really good game.

Third game had me playing those stupid fat men. Andre's Ogres proved to me once again how much trouble Elves get into when they allow the other unit to strike back -- especially Ogres. Good game, but another crushing defeat for me and after the weekend, there may only be about 30 High Elves left in the world.

The last game for me was a 4 person game with Eric, Andre, Dom and myself playing the Battle Royal rules out of the book. I'd like to start by saying that Dom, Andre and I fell over from Rum at 6am, only to get up with the sound of Carson's whining that he wants to play a game at 9am on Saturday. No sleep and lots of Rum -- that's how we roll on these weekends. I could tell with the lack of sleep and mucho Rum that we could barely think by the time this game started. Thanks to Eric for keeping us (me) on track. 3 cheers for sober people!! Really good game, and this is from someone that likes multi-player gems less than one on one. Eric can fill you in on how this one went, but I think I came in second, or last. Maybe third.

Apparently I only took 3 pictures all weekend. It's hard to hold a camera when your hand won't let go of your Rum cup and you have dice or food in the other. I can host one of these practically any time I want and can easily be pressured, so don't be shy about shouting for another one.

Scott, why you don't do this anymore I can't understand. Razz

Here's Tyler (Dwarf) laughing at how dumb Dom (Kyup) looks.

Dom's back, Frank (the Apothecary) looking happy as the Tomb Kings got a new book and Andre (Mhael) all alone with a silly drink grin on his face.

We were having so much fun, except someone forgot to tell Carson (Carson). Zach (Freezingoon) watching with almost as much enthusiasm as Carson. Hmm, maybe we DIDN'T have a good time?! Actually Carson was sad because we were all eating and wouldn't let him eat until he finished the game. The sad part is that no one was on the other side of the table. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

I'm going to have to make it for the next one! Looks like everyone had fun.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Don I reccomend moving your rear speakers a tad further apart. That should enhance your home theater experience!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 pm

First off, they were put together as the couch was seperated to make way for the 4 tables in the basement....but I'm sure you knew that.

Second; how is it all you have to comment on is the speakers? A room full of people wished you were there and you bring up speakers? Find time for us, you'll remember why you played the game.

Now that I think about it, I might keep them that way. Stereo -- just for me!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu May 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Yeah I miss the peeps but so far I am not jonesing to get my dice rolling on the table yet. I would even have come down for this but I was in Saskatoon getting drunk for my birthday.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm

I did say happy birthday, just not here. Looks like you made it another year so maybe we'll get ya' next time.

It's like most things in life, once you're off the couch actually doing it, you forget how fun it is.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue May 17, 2011 12:26 am

as promised some pics from the games day..

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top