Carsons game day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carsons game day

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Hey anyone want to play a higher point game than 2500? I can double that up easy.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carsons game day

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:49 pm

I could probably go as high as 3000 points but not much more. I'll have a tinker with my list and see what I can come up with. My biggest problem will be coming up with 125 points more of core.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:43 am

I played 3 games on Saturday, first up was Dom and his empire army. It was a close-fought game with Dom rolling up my right flank early on but I was able to do enough damage in the middle to scratch out a win. I was fully painted and I don't think Dom was. It was not a ladder challenge. 7-3 for me

Second I faced Don's High Elves. We rolled Dawn attack and Don's deployment rolls saw his army fairly evenly split between his two flanks with almost nothing in the middle. I loaded up my army on his right flank and finished off the elves there. My scarce forces on his left flank delayed the rest of his army enough that I was able to squeak out another win but it was a close thing. I ended up winning by 165 points and it could have gone either way right up until the end. I was fully painted and Don was not. It was not a ladder challenge. 7-3 for me.

Last I played Carson and his Warriors of Chaos. The Chaos gods were not with Carson as his dice throwing skills completely abandoned him. Crushing victory for me. I was fully painted and he was not. It was a ladder challenge so with that I take his spot. 10-3 for me.

Thanks to Carson for hosting, and thanks to all my opponents for the great games. We'll have to do it again sometime!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Lots of drink, great food, good guys and a solid day of Warhammer. Seriously pretty cool stuff. I'll quote Carson by saying "It feels like a tournament playing games all day hungover".

My first game was with Carson and his WoC. What would be the beginning of a long day for Carson and his dice that don't love him -- or is it his army? Anyways, it all went south for him when his Lord led Warrior unit decided they had no fight left in them and got run down by Elves.

Second game against Nathan had Elf on Elf love with his Woodies just squeaking a win on what was a really good game that came down to almost a photo finish. Glad to see the Wood Elves representing and he handed me my only loss of the day.

Third game against Bob and his WoC, had Bob's lvl 2 mage doing more damage to his own unit that I did. 2 epic miscasts that had him rolling under 4 on the miscast chart -- twice, finally took the mage into the warp, but not before having large strength 10 templets take a few Warriors with him. His lord on dragon finally fell to the Swordmasters as Bob forgot to breath fire and the Dragon died in the next turn while he was inhaling for a blast of fire. I know this sympathetic excuse comes out a lot, but Bob's dice really, really failed him all game. I actually felt guilty, but a win's a win.

Fourth game was by far the strangest of the day and maybe of the last 12 months. Andre brought an Ogre army with no magic and 17? (correct me if I'm wrong Andre) units of Ogres. 1 Tyrant, 8 Trappers and the rest of the army was literally 3 man Ogre core units. totally cool and the sight was so odd after deployment that I really thought I was going to have a tough time. Anything that charged, or got charged by the Swordmasters turned to dust and since he didn't have a mage, I could cast with impunity. I think I cast Pit of Shades 4 times and scored a direct hit every single time. Certainly something that isn't going to happen very often, but the sheer absurdity of it helped give the game even more levity.

So at the end of the day I had 1 loss and 3 Crushing victories.

We really need to make a habit out of these days as they're really something to look forward to.

Thanks again Carson.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Good time at carson's. Great games and my dice sucked all day long and i made glaring omissions. it also didn't help some of us didn't get to bed till 4Am and then up for chores really early while other persons slept in. Thanks to everyone as you guys made it a bang up wowzers of a time.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Thanks for coming out guys, even though you used me as a punching bag all day! It was a great day and I'm looking forward to the next one at Don's.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Yes great games I had a lot of fun and I loved testing the just for shits list. I had 9 units of bulls with light armor and ironfists, 6 units of ironguts with banners, 9 gnoblar trappers and my tyrant general. I may pull this list out for awhile it has definite drawbacks and a one sided strategy plus no magic. I also have a list with two giants which sounds like fun also.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top