Saturday March 26th?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Saturday March 26th?

Post  Carson on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

Sorry Darren, looks Like I can't make it until 1:30 on Sat, but I would really like to have a game though. Guys help me out!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Hey my wife has other plans on Saturday so I could play Darren 1st and Frank at 4 then Carson could take my original spot against Darren. Dom could play Frank game one and then he would get two games in not sure if anyone is free in between.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 pm

So I looked back and I think this works

Game 1 has Don vs Nathan and Darren vs Andre and Dom vs Frank

Game 2 Don vs Darren, Andre vs Zach, Carson vs Frank, Dom vs Nathan (if possible)

Game 3 Don vs Zach, Andre vs Frank, Carson vs Darren, Dom goes and buys us all beer

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I can only be there for the first game. I need to be out of there by 12:30 or so.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Dom goes and buys us all beer

I knew that Dom was a good Lad...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm

ok, i will be at the den at 10:30 and be ready to go. Looking foward to this epic day as there will be alot of firsts for me. As well, time for me to have some me time as i have lost my father, he was not the best father in the world but he was my dad and i loved the guy.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Darren. Our thoughts are with you.

I wish I could stay and play a few more games, I still owe games to a lot of people, plus once I beat you Don I'll be on top of the ladder so I'll feel bad not letting people take a shot at the top guy!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Played Don this morning and won a crushing victory. Swordmasters are good but they can't take a treekin charge to the front combined with a treeman from the flank. His other unit of swordmasters fleeing from my wild riders and getting run down didn't help him either. It was a fun game and Don is always a good opponent, I'm sure he'll get me next time. With that I take top spot on the ladder. I was fully painted and Don was not (he's getting closer though) and it was a ladder challenge, but it was the second time I've played Don this league: 9-2 for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:07 pm

Nathan, pounded the High Elves into the dirt. That's twice he's beat me and the grudge is getting stronger. Wink

Swordmasters are good but they can't take a treekin charge to the front combined with a treeman from the flank.
You know, I've had time to reflect on this and I think that if the unit had been at least near full, I actually like my chances in that scrap. Guess that's what rematches are for! My fleeing with the Swordmasters was really instrumental in my loss. Don't really know what I was thinking, but I clearly wasn't thinking like a good General. Anyone that says Woodies got screwed in 8th, clearly hasn't played against them.

Keep looking over your shoulder Nathan, one of those shadows could be me. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Before these last few games you had been on my hit list for the beating your daemons put on my bretonnians so now I think we're all squared up! I'm always up for a re-match though.

How did the other games go this weekend?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Sucks that I missed this, had some calving issues and by the time I sorted things out, it was too late to come. Please post up the other games so that I can update the ladder.

Any thoughts for games this Sat. or Sunday?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Don, Andre, Darren and myself had a 2v2 with lizardmen vs Ogres and High elves. The game was essentially two 2500 point games on 4x4 game boards.

Andre and me had a nice head bashing match with minimal magic (his mage shat out his guts on the first turn mine got turned into paste on an ogre club). My scouting skinks managed to put 3 or 4 wounds on a giant from poison in the first round, and when it charged my salamander it's higher initiative won the fight, until the giant fell on it. All my skink scouts were turned into chameleon colored stains in the grass as they got charged by some iron guts, but the overrunning ogres provided an nice warmup snack for my carnosaur. A charging thunderlord took out my second salamander, but he rolled low for the overrun and was sent packing by my saurus, who in turn got stomped flat my a combined charge of bulls, giant, ironguts and tyrant. When my Engine charged the offending unit of ironguts with their boss, all the skinks including my priest were crushed, though the resulting monster test made the ancient stegadon unbreakable. When all was said and done my carnosaur lord had sent the tyrant off to the great maw, though my carnosaur was clearly too full or it would have been his great maw.

It was a win for the High elves and Ogres, though the only interaction we had was me chasing down a giant bird and Don shooting two saurus to death. Me and Darren were not fully painted, neither was Don, and I think Andre was? I don't think it was a crushing victory, but I also can't recall counting up the points to be sure.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Darren and I had a game as well and the ogre tribes of Malarik Goldseeker managed to chase most of Darrens army away. It was a pitched battle with my slaughtermaster deciding he didnt need to be there and died from one of Darrens irrestible spells which he eluded a deathly roll of 3 on the magic miscast chart through an item (and again did it later) Who needs magic, once we got into combat his army felt the wrath. At the end of it I had just under 2000 pts left on the table and darren was reduced to around 700pts. It was our first match and a rescheduled ladder match with neither fully painted. 8 for me 6 for Darren.

On a side note I played a ' for fun' list which had giant Cletus and giant Shamus mixing it up something good, even when they died and fell over they did as much damage as combat or better.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:37 pm

I had two game against frank, crushed him both times, but he is new to the game and hope he learnt a lot form the games we had. highlight of the first game for me was when me general on a griffon tried to get blessed by the chaos gods but instead was killed, which resulted in a hateful frenzied griffon.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

That was the most complicated set of reports I've ever seen!

So as far as I can tell for league games:

- the 2v2 game gives 2 points for all involved and a win to Don and Andre and a loss to Zack and Darren
- Andre beat Darren in a ladder challenge: 7-4 for Andre (I'm not sure where you are getting 8-6 from Andre but as far as I can tell a win is normally 6-3 and you each get an extra point for it being a ladder challenge) and Andre gets Darren's ladder spot.

Is that right?

As for this weekend, I might be able to get a game in on Saturday afternoon but don't plan a trip based on that.

When does this league end?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Right after I beat you. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 pm

end of April, early may......or until Don beats you.

My mind exploded when I read the reports Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:24 pm

squalie wrote:

Right after I beat you. Very Happy
man this league is going to be a while Very Happy

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Dom, you're supposed to be on my side!!! What did Nathan pay you, I'll double it!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Apothecary on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Well you still got me as back up Don... ... i bet you feel a lot better now dont ya Very Happy PS Dom can you PM me your layout for your Tomb King and your Liche Priest from our second game, just interested to see what kind of a king you ran. Crazy beater or Defencive, might help me with my latest list... which is not a carbon copy of the list i saw you playing AT ALL.. WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE Razz

The Apothecary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:34 pm

I am fine with the league ending after the next games day at Dons... whence I take his spot after putting a sorcerous portal on a hill with Fozzriks folding fortress and 200 gnoblars (inside joke).

as for my points dont we get one point for playing someone for the first time? Then one for a ladder challenge so 6-4 becomes 8-6... correct me if I am in err.

I can play some games this weekend as well.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Looking at the League Rules it doesn't say anything about +1 for playing someone new. I think that had been an idea that was tossed around a bit a while ago but it never actually became a rule.

What's this about a games day at Don's?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Im up for gaming this weekend if people are looking for an opponent.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey Zach even though it seems like we played how about a one on one game sometime. I cant promise I will bring the double dueling Giants we'll have to see if I am feeling the terrible twin towers.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:23 am

Sounds good to me. I'll probably not change my list much, maybe put a diadem on my priest rather than that cube that's never worked for me.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top