Erics Daemons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Erics Daemons

Post  squalie on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Some time ago Eric had asked me to paint his Daemon army. He asked for a theme that would have the models looking like heated, or welded metal. I had NO clue on how to accomplish this as he asked that Khorne used Golds and Slaanesh models would be silver based. I just started putting brush to fig and Eric liked the results, although I was less than happy with them. Another example where what was in my head never did get on the fig.

Anyways, I had a talk with Eric recently and he's pretty disenchanted with 8th edition and has lost the interest in gaming -- for the time being at least. Now, while we're talking Eric out of that silly idea I thought I should at least take a picture or 2 of some of the units before they got back to Eric. I had some pictures of Flesh hounds and Furies, but for some reason the files corrupted and I had already set my painting table back up before I realised this. I'll take pictures later and post them.

Khorne Bloodletters:

Slaanesh Daemonettes:

Seekers and Fiends: There are 15 Seekers, but I don't have bases for all of them

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Erics Daemons

Post  Carson on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Absolutely love the slannesh stuff but not too keen on the bloodletters. Of course this is from pics, in person I liked the bloodletters and the slannesh stuff wasn't finished yet. So what am I saying......I'm not sure. I must be tired. Now I'm rambling, anyway good job! Very Happy

By the way, who is this Eric guy you mentioned?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Looks pretty good. Can't see too much though. Why not take some pics of a couple of the individual mini's so we can see them better?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I'd like to see individual model pictures too. They look top-notch though. Love the bases.

Eric, you are crazy to not play games with this army! It looks so good who cares what your results are!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Since Eric is coming to pick up the army tonight, I thought I should post a couple more. The army pictures don't look very good with the crappy lighting, but the army does look striking on the table.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Definitley one of stranger color schemes but it actually works and looke pretty good. Arn't furies the worst GW fige ever though!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 pm

i would like to know what they are all pointing at

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:06 pm

They look brilliant.

Any chance of getting the rest of it finished up for the May 7th thing (if there's room for me to attend)?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:04 am

Any chance of getting the rest of it finished up for the May 7th thing (if there's room for me to attend)?

No chance in hell. Very Happy

I have been focusing on my High Elves for two reasons: I got sick of painting Daemons, and I knew the Masters wouldn't be until the end of May, beginning of June. Those are the cold hard facts. Embarassed

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 am

That's fine.

I still literally can't build any of my 7 armies to fit the Master's comp, so I'm not going to be playing in those at all, but any chance of having the Daemons done in time for the next league?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 am

Absolutely, definitely, positively, for sure.

pm me the list you're going to make for the Masters and maybe I'll paint those figs for now.

Literally can't build any list out of 7 armies?. Hmmm. Cool

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 am

Vampires maybe - totally unpainted.

Every single other army I own invests too much in characters and monsters (like 2 Doomwheels).

Since I don't buy a bunch of extra crap models, other than the specific armies I want to run, I don't have any special or core units to sub the points out for.

Look at the Daemon models you have of mine, can you build a 2500 point army that meets the composition rules? No. Not enough Core/Special once you drop the characters to 900.

So I literally can't. Not without buying a bunch of models just for the tournament. And I won't do that, because I'd never use them again afterwords.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:32 pm

I know you disagree with the comp rules and that is what this is about but its really up to you. You can sit the masters tournaments out or you can figure out an army list that you like that fits the comp. It may take more work but I'm willing to bet you'll be able to figure something out if you give it a shot.

I know where you are coming from though, with the inclusion of the blood or glory scenario my wood elf army in its current form is out. It is too bad but I have some options - I can take it anyway and almost guarantee my second opponent a win or I can try to figure out a different list or army that will better suit the situation. I'm not really willing to re-work my wood elf army since it would mean buying a lot of new models to get the units that can have banners whose inclusion would push my preferred units out of the list and I want to be able to compete so I guess I'm going to have to buckle down and either try to get my Bretonnian, Dwarf or High Elf army into fighting shape. All will need slight tweaks to meet the composition rules which will mean some buying, assembling and painting but it is something I am willing to do because I really enjoy the tournaments.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Actually, with the extra Seekers, my Daemons might fit. Be a horrible army though. I'll see what I can do.

Nathan, it's not even disagreement. It's that I don't even own the models to make a legal army for my Skaven, Tomb Kings, Warriors of Chaos, Lizardmen and Ogres.

If I were to try and use any of those armies in the tournament, I would have to buy additional models for them. Models I would never use again in normal gaming. That's annoying as hell.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:08 pm

last I checked we were all a bunch of good guys and if you needed to borrow some units for one masters tournament to fill out your preffered list and not regular league play (assuming the lender doesnt need the units) most are accomodating. I can beat you every game you dont play...

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:36 pm

yeah, i have a few extra Lizards and i can find more if you need a loaner i might help fill a list. Painted Skinks, Stegadon, Saurus Warriors, and other unpainted units

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Miller on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:59 pm

I have an old Stegadon with crew I was trying to sell. You're welcome to borrow it, or you could buy it for $10!!! Cool

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top