Feb 12 gamesday -- Moose Jaw! (pictures)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feb 12 gamesday -- Moose Jaw! (pictures)

Post  squalie on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05 pm

So a few of us tried something different this last weekend. Carson, Andre and Dom, came to Moose Jaw for the day to have a gamesday and play with a couple of the Moose Jaw boys. I set up 3 tables in the basement and we started rolling dice around 10:30 in the morning. Rob, Andre, Dom and I finished our last game close to 4am....almost 18 hours of Warhammer. Very Happy Lots of food, Rum and games made this a great day. I will certainly host another and I'll post it here for anyone that wants to come down for the day. Altogether there was Me, Carson, Andre, Dom, Mark and Rob. Everyone else that attended can use this thread to post their league results.

Mine: Daemons

1st game against Carson (Warriors) I punched his face in. Crushing victory -- neither fully painted
2nd game against Dom (Empire) was a draw -- neither fully painted
3rd game against Andre (Ogres), he won -- neither fully painted
Rob (Dark Elves) and I played against Andre and Dom, although I swear I can't remember how the game ended. It was 4am after all....

Here's some pictures in no particular order -- Hey, I did mention we were drinking Rum. drunken

A couple pictures of mine and Carson's game: 3 of the big scraps.
My Bloodthirster eating Carsons' Knights

Herald led Flesh hounds against a supported Chaos Lord:

Bloodletters against Chaos Warriors -- heard around the world!

Brothers never stop fighting...

The day's just getting going. Mark (left) and Rob in the foreground.

Mark trying to figure out how to play this game. tongue Just put it out! (inside joke)

Andre doesn't trust my dice as they occasionally won't lay flat:

The moment where I would learn I didn't have enough standards against Andre's Ogres. Stupid scenarios! Razz

No idea where my Keeper of Secrets is going:

Our big game at the end of the day. How often do you see a Keeper and Hydra chasing the same unit?

Will have another gamesday soon and hope to see some more faces there.

Please make comments, suggestions and make reservations!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feb 12 gamesday -- Moose Jaw! (pictures)

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:01 am

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I definitely want to be involved in the next one, just give me some advance notice so I can ditch the kids!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Rum and Warhammer sounds like too much fun.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Yep, it was an awesome day, I would of held out for the night but I had to have my wife at the airport by 6am....sigh!

My first game against Don was really hard to take, looked like a landslide win for me up to turn 3....awesome dice for me, terrible for Don. Right, then the huge turnaround came and the dice totally reversed. I ended up with only a spawn left.

Took on Dom and his empire next. Dom's shooting failed, chaos made it into combat and that pretty much ended it. Crushing for me.

Managed to squeeze in a last game against Andre. We faced off in the centre and piled into combat. The Ogres must of seen enough for the day as Andre failed 4 stubborn tests in a row. Some really bad luck on Andre's part ended the game early. Another crushing for me

Looking forward to the next games day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Wow, looks like a positively awesome day! Reminds me of home. Smile Except where are all the pizza boxes in the pics??? All I can see are nachos. Razz

I'm definitely up for the next gaming day, providing there happens to be a free spot. That would also be the perfect way to break in the new O&G book.

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Andre and Dom, quit being Monkeys and post your results here. I honestly can't remember how our last big game finished up. Help an old man here.... Embarassed I'd also like to say that Andre brought a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, and I've fallen in love with it. That's what you need to beat next time if you want to be my new best friend. Andre can keep the title if he brings a bigger bottle.....or two.

My win against Carson really was something to see. My dice were rolling so bad and he was just crushing me so much, we almost called it just to start another game. I hung in there and it swung a 180. Carson couldn't catch a break and it turned out as the most see-saw game I have ever played. Seriously. Almost felt sorry for him. Wink

Really would like to see new faces at the next one and make it something we barely remember the next day.

Wow, looks like a positively awesome day! Reminds me of home. Except where are all the pizza boxes in the pics??? All I can see are nachos.

We actually cooked a big Ham and made ham buns with a cheese and pickle plate. No grease on the figs and everybody went home full -- except for Carson. But then, we would have needed 2 Hams.

I'm already planning the next layout and figure I can comfortably fit 4 tables in the basement, although 2 of them would probably be 4X6. Either way, we can fit 8 guys who know how to drink Rum. What a Face

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm

well my first game against Andre we tried one of the other special games in the back, the invasion one. Andre was attacking me and i had to hold 3 different objectives and control the 4 sections of table. the game lasted 8 turns but here is where it gets really good, Andre got to recycle his core troops. i ended up winning the game, turn 8 i had 2 of the three objectives, 2 table quarters and the other 2 contested. you can sort of see the game in the 4th picture , Andres main unit and his tyrant got stuck right in the centre fighting my steam tank that was sitting on a hill finally after like 5 game turns of fighting it was dead and i charged my war alter in right after.
Dom 6 Andre 4
my next game against Carson was not so well for me, i got stomped and could not roll a dice to save my life, i think my war alter was in combat for 80 % of the game and never managed to kill a unit champion that he was in a challenge with. my Pegasus general failed like 4 charges at what i considered "key" times
Dom 3 Carson
In my game vrs don not too much happened really, i had a good defensive potion to start with and held my flanks with my tank and war alter, which ended up being the only 2 real battles of the game, so none the less it ended in a draw.
Dom 5 Don 5
The last game we had was pretty fun they got 5000 pts and we got 4000 pts ish. lots of stuff happened but i have no clue how the game actually ended as we were all to tired and did not bother to count it up, all i know is that we held that hill ...... Very Happy

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm

I enjoy rum. Twisted Evil

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 pm

I heard rum was the popular drin kin the gay community. Thanks for confiming it! BUURRRRNNN!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 am

I heard rum was the popular drink in the gay community. Thanks for confiming it! BUURRRRNNN!

Um, Pirates drink Rum -- although I'm not entirely sure that's a valid arguement. Anyways, why don't you just come next time and we'll even have manly beer for ya'? Seriously, roll some dice and make a wizard staff. Your street cred is evaporating.....fast.

I'd say that soothed the BUURRRRNNN!. Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 am

Meh, just make sure you have the ingredients for strawberry daiquiries and pina coladas and Scott will be happy, thats the only way he drinks rum.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Other than the games already accounted for I played the Moose Jaw boys in a last stand battle. Two ogre armies against some dark elves. The objective for the man on the hill is to survive as long as he can. Francis did well against us and made it to turn 5 a hard fought draw. The big thing I recall about the last game is dom and I had to hold a hill which we got to place and then parked Fozzriks Fortress on top with a unit of 40 swordsmen and a mortar alongside. We went to turn 6 and Dom and I still held the Hill so Victory to us. I drank two turns near the end without rolling a dice even though I had two units in the middle no one wanted a piece!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm going to arrange another of these for around mid April. Anyone wishing to attend just needs to let me know what weekends are best and I'll decide after that. You will be well fed, with bottles of moonshine and mattresses/couches provided for any that need it. We could make it the Easter long weekend if no one had big family commitments. If so, the weekend before might work for everyone.

Either way, this is the official shout-out.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 am

Easter is a no go for me. Family...

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 am

Same here, unfortunately April is booked pretty solid for me so I probably wouldn't be able to attend regardless.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

April is calving time for me, so could be a bit tough.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 am

Well, May it is then. I still might throw one together for some of the Regina/Moose Jaw guys so I'll post for a heads up, just in case.

Same here, unfortunately April is booked pretty solid for me so I probably wouldn't be able to attend regardless..

Did you know that the President of the United States isn't even as busy as you are? Razz

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top