New Greenskins!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Greenskins!

Post  nathanr on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 am

New Orc and Goblin models are up for preorder on Games Workshop's website! The spider looks awesome, the savage orcs and savage orc boar boyz are decent and I'm very interested in the special rules for the new goblin unit upgrade "Nasty Skulkers". Pretty cool stuff.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Greenskins!

Post  squalie on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 am

No link? You KNOW I'm lazy!!!

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292622

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 pm

That spider looks sweet. I was thinking stunties as my next army but now I might have to give the O&G a look.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 pm

already started but these will be awsome additions

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:16 pm

What is that huge spider? It looks awesome!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:34 pm

its called an Arachnarok spider, and i would just like to point out how massive it is, it mounted on a 100 by 150 base!! Shocked

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Can't wait for the new 8th edition stuff, these will be welcome additions to my greenskins! Even the army book cover looks good.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Man... I have to say I do NOT like the look of the plastic savage orcs. I've always wanted a forest goblin and savage orc army and thought these plastic might be the thing. Hopefully they look better in the hand.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:58 pm

I thought the same thing when I first saw them. I Found them on another forum painted in a different scheme and they looked tons better.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 pm

I think a braveheart paint job would go excellent on those models.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 am

I picked up three boxes of the savage orcs. They're awesome! The artificial sharp looking features from the box art are just from the studio paint job (why the fuck they did tthat I don't know). I'm excited to start putting together another Orc army after thumbing through the army book too. Picked up the big ass spider as well. Very, very nice minis. Shame about the studio jobs for those orcs though!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm

I've heard that Spider is not just huge, but MASSIVE! Although very cool, I hope GW doesn't make that a trend. I read that the top of a plastic Stegadon just comes to the knee of the spider and it's length is the spiders width! Very cool model though and I can't wait to see what you do with it. (Gaming maybe? Wink )

I've always wanted to do an army in the colour schemes that were prevelent in 4th and 5th editions. Can't think of any better army than O&G for that.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah I an looking at getting an army back together. I was on the fence until I saw they'd brought back Grom the Paunch. He's my all time fav, 'cause he also thinks elves are fags. I really like these new plastic savage orcs, and have always wanted to do an all savage orc and forest goblin army (And an all mounted goblin army, all night goblin army etc...). I am lost as hell regarding what's good in 8th ed. or not, but I am looking forward more to the collecting and painting. I've actually been putting together savage orcs all morning in front of the TV with my kids. Everything was going fine till I went to the can and cam back and Emmy had my X-acto knife. If Kathy saw that she'd lose her shit man.

I am looking forward to NOT painting mine in the 4th ed all red, all the time schemes. I got some ideas on how I might do Orc skin to make it look nice and seperate it a little from what we always usually see. I am also thining of slightly varying the skin tones in the army. I've seen it before and thought it was crap but thought I'd give it a go anyway. A good excuse to be able to experiment 'cause I know I wouldn't be able to paint the same kind of flesh through the whole army.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:40 pm

This all sounds very good, makes me all fuzzy inside. 'bout &&*%#^ time.

I'm waiting for my O&G book to show up in the mail. Bloody post office!
O&G are one army that every serious warhammer monkey should own. Hear that Don? Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:01 pm

I picked up the new book today and the giant spider. The spider alone without the howdah is 51 pieces. I have been working for 3 hours cleaning and putting it together. I will post pictures of size when I get it togther.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Geoff, I know you have pretty much every army out there......are O&G the next one on the block?

I think I'll buck the trend and be the only O&G player to not have the arach, er really big spider. I'll update my Orcs to 8th by making big mutha f*&^*in blocks of Orcs.......maybe with spears as they count as choppa's now cheers

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Not sure I am going to do a whole army, But I do have alot of units. The spider has amazing detail but it does fit together quite well.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Those of you with the book, what do you think? I know the models are great but what about the rules? I'm probably going to pick up the book at some point but I've never had an O&G army so I have no idea about whether it is improved or not.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Its not really a huge overhaul, but alot of point and rules change to bring the army inline with 8th. Not sure how the new units will play yet. The waaagh rule is still there but completely changed from the old edition.

From what I've seen sofar I really like the book.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Miller on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:00 pm

It looks exactly like the last book, with slight modifications to the choppa and animosity rules. They added a new expensive model to sell (arachnorok), and removed about 50 magic items. I could have crapped out this book in half an hour. I don't get it? I was really disappointed. Where are the magic items?

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Disagree completely Timmer. The old thing with magic items was goofy. Only about 10 of those items were worth playing anyway. The common item list is pretty big and comprehensive now anyway. I hope they keep this trend up for all 8th edition books. There isn't a single thing in this army book that I don't think is better vs. the 7th edition army book. The Waagh rule is way better. The special characters are all back plus some new ones. Top to bottom a big improvement.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Miller on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 am

If all armies are expected to draw from the same item pool it takes a bit of flavour and uniqueness out of the armies. Just sayin' is all. I understand they balanced the points a bit (from what I've seen everything got a bit more costly, except goblin weapons and trolls). The choppas are a nice boost, but this was considered one of the weaker lists before. I guess it will take some time to tell if this book gives a boost. I thought I was paying $45 for about $10 worth of effort.

Tim Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:29 am

See I liked that they didn't fix stuff that wasn't broken. They didn't re-invent the army. Even though the list was weak by 7th ed. standards (I blame demons etc. for wrecking 7th ed.) OnG are a popular army because of the fluff, figs, and everything else. They maintained all that flavour while tweaking the rules for things like choppa's, the waagh, magic, and points cost as well as doing a few small things to continue to make th earmy unique. Do you see that bolt throwers misfire now on a rol of 1 to hit? I think that's pretty cool. They brought back my all time fav special character Grom the Paunch ('cause elves ARE fags). Deletinf the scads of magic items I think will do nothing to the playability of the armies 'cause the bulk of the items are in the basic rulebook now. It's a reasonable arguement to point to the removal of so many army specific magic items as detracting from some of the fluff of the army when it hit's the table. Fumpa's club of fumpin' will have to be replaced with Sword of battle or whatever. I do point to the massa mount of magic items in specific army book sas being one of the weaker areas of balance in 7th ed. army books. I figure GW just didn't spend a lot of time playtesting the various combo's of magic items and some nasty shit always snuck through. That's my thought anyway.

I super dig the army book, and the new spider is pretty cool.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum