Winter/Spring battle report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter/Spring battle report

Post  Pud on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:36 pm

was not sure when or when to do this report, but i thought since the latter is up i would do my first Battle Report.

My Lizardmen vs. Dom's Empire
Sunday Jan. 30

With my first match using Lizard's and i was not expecting the use of my magic and i had alot. The Empire came without a Wizard and that was to my advantage. The battle was close as my right flank failed and my left held as well as the center, and in the end and only by a small margin i was able to gain a victory. Dom was painted and i was not, only half so far.

Dom - 4
Darren - 6

cheers

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter/Spring battle report

Post  Carson on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm

good job darren,

We'll use this as the league reporting thread for this league........

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:41 am

In a busy Friday night I had two matches one against Zack's Lizards and another against Nathan Rs Wood elves. In the first match we rolled and got the tower scenario and Zack marched a unit into the tower. In the first round Zacks Wizard had a miscast and forgot how to do magic, and ended up a character on the back of a stegadon. In many ways I was not doing well, trying to keep away from his Carnosaur I ended up in an ugly position, but my horde of Skinks and Kroxigors ended up assaulting the tower in the 5th when Zack reminded me what the game was and his unit of Saurus Warriors broke and ran on turn 6 and a surprise victory was in hand. We were both unpainted in full.

Darren - 6
Zack 3

In my second battle of the night the Wood Elves marched into position for a Dawn Attack. My positions were mainly in the middle of the field and this was very well for me as I set up to the left of the centre and marched forward and wheeled to the right, doing well I watched as my unit of Temple guard did not enter battle until the 6th rd only to face the Tree man but failed to defeat him but most of his army was no longer on the field so victory once more for my Lizards.
Nathan R was fully painted.

Darren 8
Nathan R. - 3

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am

Magic was really the decisive thing in our game, Darren's Slann showed my level 4 wizard who was boss as he cast with impunity while mine struggled to get a spell off all game. T8 lizardmen are a tough nut to crack. Thanks for the game Darren.

P.S. Nathan A. I need to get my eagles back, I realized as I was going to the game last night that you still had them so I had to swap them out of my list and took a useless unit of 5 wardancers instead. Eagles would have really helped me I think.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 am

Woo-hoo, look at Pud with all the wins! Good job.

I need to get my eagles back, I realized as I was going to the game last night that you still had them so I had to swap them out of my list and took a useless unit of 5 wardancers instead. Eagles would have really helped me I think.

I think you had an uphill battle from the beginning regardless of whether you had birdies or not. What was your list Nathan?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Darrens out quick with three wins!!!

The Lizards really are all about magic, if you can contain that then your gold but its tough to do. I would imagine that Wood Elves would really have an uphill fight against Lizards though.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:29 pm

I think Pud has a new favorite army. Razz

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:36 pm

My list:

Wild Rider Highborn on great stag
Level 4 spellweaver with lore of beasts

20 glade guard w/ standard and musician
12 glade guard w/ standard and musician
8 dryads
8 dryads
8 dryads

8 wild riders with full command
5 wardancers
6 treekin with champion

5 waywatchers
1 treeman

After this game I'll be combining 2 of the dryad units into 1 unit of 16 and I'll be dropping the wardancers in favor of 2 eagles. I'll also switch up the magical kits on my guys and I think take lore of life on my spellweaver.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 pm

What do you think of the stag rider.......somthing I always though I would build if I did wood elves.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:57 am

He is pretty good. 5 S5 killing blow attacks on the charge plus 2 S5 and a stomp from the stag makes quick work of most things, especially when you put him in a unit of wild riders with the razor banner. With the new common magic items he can be pretty survivable as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Had a game against Frank (moose Jaw guy who just joined the league) and his Tomb Kings. Tabled him by turn 4, but my dice were pretty hot. Absolutely called and predicted all my ward saves and I suppose there are worse super powers than that. Wink

It was also mentioned to me that you also get points for playing guys not in the league and I would like 2,649,937,177 more points added to my total. All unpainted of course. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Zach and I had a 5000pt game last saturday which featured a show down in the middle with a slann and bsb among temple guard and skragg supported by bulls bulls and more bulls, Malarik finally downing the carnasor but dying to the rider which then fled and got taken down by my remaining giant. Zach took the left flank even though his cold ones were mostly stupid but were backed up by skirmishing skinks and stegadons. I took the other with the combined efforts of four gorgers and Malarik. I eventually killed his slann and bsb and took control of the middle. I had just over 2000 pts dead and Zach had not quite double. Fun but long game even with limited shooting and magic. 6-4 for me.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 am

Well Tim's list inspired me to play a game with Dwarf Lord Alrik Rey Enano on Sat. Dom and I played a reserves scenario of 3500 pts with a free unit of core rare or special up to 350 pts. Dom took knights and I had Ironbreakers.

Dom brought his Empire army with 2 cannons, 1 hellstorm rocket battery and 1 empire organ gun, 2 units of pistoliers, 2 units of crossbows, 2 units of handgunners. My dwarfs had 1 cannon, 1 grudgethrower that couldnt miss, a gyrocoptor and 2 bolt throwers. Very easy to see the difference between empire and dwarf shooting I dont think Dom had his black powder mixed right.

Also he brought a level 4 wizard and a level 2 not that it helped as I outmagiced him. Wait what was that Dwarfs outmagiced an army, thats right two runesmiths with a spellbreaking rune on each, one with a MR of balance giving me one of his casting dice every turn, and the other with a spelleater rune. I dont think he got more than one spell off.

In the center my slayers were decimated by his flaggellants in one turn but caston Sigilstone bsb wiped them out in return which started some fleeing issues. At the same time my horded unit of 50 warriors took down some pistoliers and lined up a fight with Doms halberdiers hordes. With a failed flank support charge my warriors caused them to flee then turned to take out a unit of swordsmen that failed side charge.

With no war machines, his level 2 dead his priest left without the altar and the Dwarfs looking very resolute Dom put up the white flag. This was a for fun game so 2 pts each.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 am

I played 2 games against Darren's Lizardmen tonight.

First game we rolled blood or glory. I was not very excited about this since my army only has 6 points of fortitude at best. I switched up my deployment and put my general in with my treekin so that my wild riders weren't worth 3 points and set up with my bannerless units in front of my vulnerable archers. Due to some really bad luck on Darren's part I managed to gain a considerable lead in the bottom of turn 1 when I took 3 banners from some failed break tests (cold-blooded on leadership 9). I managed to wipe out another unit of saurus in my turn 3 to take Darren below his breaking point. It ended up being a crushing victory for me. It was a ladder match, I was fully painted and it was the second time we had played. 9-2 for me.

Second game we tried a goofy scenario with the inn and bugman's cart. You got a point for each unit destroyed or fleeing and 5 points for controlling the cart or inn. I started out quick and hit him hard. Darren managed to capture the inn but I destroyed the rest of his units and captured the cart to win 12-7. It was a ladder challenge again and I was still fully painted but it was now the third time we had played. 6-2 for me.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:24 pm

The Thrilla' in Manilla! The Rumble in the Jungle!

Andre and I face off tomorrow at my house for the leagues final match up game. The Elitist High Elves vs. the Horse-eating, low-brow Ogres. After I win that, we will then have my first game of the summer league and go for drinks.

Life aint so bad. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:44 pm

As the High Elves waited in the open Plaine, listening to the low thunder that was the advancing Ogre army, Alathma Druuma, the Noble honoured in carrying the Army standard whispered to the silent Swordmaster standing to his left. "What could they possibly want?", he asked -- honestly confused. "All we have is Night Clubs and S&M shops!"

Anyways, we never got a chance to find out what they wanted as the Ogres were denied victory by the lucky High Elves. By the time turn 2 came around, it just felt like the High Elves would have their hands full with the monstrous unit of Ogres quickly advancing up the middle. The Flanking Iron gut units on either side -- one with a Tyrant nestled comfortably within, gave the Elves pause as any open flank would spell doom for the whole army. The High Elves found courage knowing that they had 2 strong mages and 3 Bolt throwers in their midst and would certainly help before the inevitable battle -- but it wasn't meant to be. The mages could not absorb the winds of magic to any effect and the Bolt throwers were thwarted by the tough hide of the stubborn Ogres. The right flank unit of Swordmasters crumbled before a unit of Iron guts and the remaining few were cut down as they tried to flee. The Elves soon found out that even small units of Ogres still had enough strength and veracity to smash through Elves like baby mice.

The Tyrant with the accompanied Iron guts flanked the second unit of Swordmasters while the Bulls holding the Slaughtermaster and army standard charged the front. Only Alathma Druuma remained holding the army standard, but quickly had his head squeezed between Tyrant fingers as he tried to flee. The Elf army was dissolving rapidly and the remaining few felt all was lost. Just when it all seemed hopeless and the only thing that would help them was a miracle from all of Ulthuan....it happened. The Archmage took a deep breath knowing that throwing this much power into one spell could tear the fabric of reality and cause a backlash that could easily kill himself and all around him -- he let the Pit of Shades fall on the remaining few Ogres surrounding the Slaughtermaster. His spell landed squarely on the Slaughtermaster unit holding the army standard and all failed to get out the way. The Pit sucked them into the abyss and even the Elves were surprised to find that they had done enough to win the day.

I literally stole this game from Andre. It was beyond looking bad for the Elves and I almost considered shaking hands on turn 5. I said out loud a few times that it will take only one lucky roll to sway the battle and Andre failed all initiative rolls on his Ogres and I took the whole unit. It came down to the last spell of the game on turn 6. If he made one single save, Andre would have won the game. Andre was a true gentleman while I was quite frustrated by mid-game as my dice didn't seem to care about a victory and I think my frustration got away from me a couple of times. I won by 173 points. I even checked Andres' numbers as I couldn't believe I won.

Another league season in the books.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:14 am

Congrats on the win Don, Andre you got robbed!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:47 pm

I cant be too upset as I lost to the reason I love this game. Literally I failed to dispel the POS by one pip of the dice and my bsb slaughtermaster and last ogre of a 798 pt horde each consecutively failed their init rolls. One spell took 1300pts from me. I called Don's army the russian elves as each advance of my troops he backed away not wanting a charge until turn six he had no more room to run. Charma crapped on me as Don was pondering what to do bottom of 6 I looked at my wife and mouthed, 'I got him beat' and thats what can happen. It was a good game but I could have and should have charged him sooner but figured my scraplauncher would do more damage. Killed 7 seagaurd turn one and Don was worried but then proceeded to scatter too far twice misfire once and fail a charge on his lone level two mage.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top