Winter Spring Ladder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter Spring Ladder

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 pm

*****these are the replys I recieved from the sign-up thread so far, post your *%%^&$ info in that thread for %^$$#@^&* sakes) Very Happy***

Name, army........points, win/loss/tie

Carson, WOC.............61, 6/5/1
Andre, Ogres...............70..8/6/4
Don Matwe, High elves...71, 6/5/2
Nathan. R, WoodElves...62...7/2/0
Darren, Lizardmen........34, 3/5/0
Zack, Lizardmen..........29.....2/6/0
Dom, Empire..............64, 7/6/3
Bob Gonda, WOC...........11...0/3/0
Nathan. A
Joe, VampireCounts
Geoff, Ogres

Last edited by Carson on Wed May 11, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 5 times in total

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter Spring Ladder

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 am

Did a quick check and I'm not sure when this was last updated but starting with the 5000 point game between Andre and Zack on April 5 I think the standings should be:

Carson, WOC.............47, 5/4/0
Don Matwe, High elves...52, 5/3/2
Andre, Ogres...............55..6/6/3
Nathan. R, WoodElves...62...7/2/0
Darren, Lizardmen........34, 3/5/0
Zack, Lizardmen..........17.....0/5/0
Dom, Empire..............53, 6/4/3
Bob Gonda, WOC...........11...0/3/0
Nathan. A
Joe, VampireCounts
Geoff, Ogres

I also moved the guys who haven't played any games yet to the bottom of the ladder. It is a tight race for the point lead with 5 guys within 8 points of the lead and 3 guys over 50. Sorry if this is inaccurate, I've just had a few PMs challenging me for the top spot on the ladder which I no longer possess so I figured I should let everyone know how the ladder looks now.

EDIT - April 26, 2011

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 pm

updated!

So April is rapidly coming to a close and playoffs approach. Lets wrap up this league May7 and then hit the playoffs which need to be finished by the June4 masters tournament.

Good luck to everyone.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 am

Sorry Carson, I should only be at 7/2 with 62 points. Darren should be at 3/5 with 34 points. Other than that it should be good. I updated my post with last night's games already so thats where the confusion is.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue May 10, 2011 8:50 am

So the league finished up this last weekend. Once I have all the results I'll post up the updated ladder with the playoff spots.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Ladder updated......

Playoffs

Carson vs Andre

Don vs Dom

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed May 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Nathan, you are soooo dead this time.

And then I guess I'm playing Andre? Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 am

You play Dominique Don, he managed to squeak past me by 2 points.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Dom, you are soooo dead this time.

And then I guess I'm playing Andre? Very Happy

Sorry Nathan.....watch your Woodie back though as High Elves don't forget easy.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 pm

I'll post this here in the interest of full disclosure. I'm playing in a Regina tourny on Sunday. It just so happens that Dom is going to be in Regina on Sunday and coincidentally -- in the same tourny. If we can arrange to have a game during the tourny, can that count for our playoff game? It's 2200 points.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu May 12, 2011 6:42 pm

yup

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu May 12, 2011 7:18 pm

As verbose as ever.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm

now I'm gonna have to look that up....damnit

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon May 16, 2011 12:58 am

well me and don had our show down this weekend in Regina at the frag con. our game was a lot of fun and it really was a prime example of how people should never get dis-heartened and fight to the end cause this one was a real game of tug of war. the game started with my turn one and it seemed like it was impossible for my war machines to miss, almost direct hits on everything i fired and the pile of dead elves was quite high before they even go to move. It keep going like this till around my turn 3, my crazies ran in trying to kill as many sword masters as they could but were chopped down before they even got to attack. dons turn his sword masters closed in one unit against some greatswords and another up against my swordsmen. this is where it really got bad for me as don got the best magic phase he could hope for, killed both my lv2 wizards and caused my BSB to panic and almost run off the table soon followed by 2 failed stubborn leadership tests left the only my Walter stank and a few war machines left, how ever it turned around again when the tank charged a unit of swords masters killed lots made the unit flee he lost his bsb quickly followed by a failed panic on his other sword masters that ran off the table. after that i turned around and chased after his mage and sea guard unit but was unable to catch them. the game ended with only a 50 point difference in dons favor . it was one hell of a show that came down to small differences.

for the sake of letting people know how frag con was, it was okay and dean runs a good show but you can really tell the difference in sort of the meta game played there. my first game was the one against don my second i faced dwarfs in the watch tower scenario and due to Allan's worst luck ever and lack of knowing the empire and the scenario it was quite easy to pull out a win for this one. in that game again it seemed as if i could not miss my targets either. third game we played one of the more interesting scenarios from the book. i forget what its called but its the one where there are six deployment zones and each player gets to pick 3 and its chaotic and awesome with lots of planning and quick decision making involved. my opponent quit my turn 2 ( he got turn 1 btw) this game was really annoying to me cause i'm not sure why people who are going to quit like that even play the game. he had no interest in playing a scenario based game at all and if his gimmick army lost a "key" part to early he said there was no way he could win. is daemon army fully tzenesh had 2 units of six flamers, 2 units of 5 screamers, A massive unit of horrors with the challenging and a bsb, a herald with loremaster of life and a lord of change. he got turn one, got lucky and 90% of his army was all in one side he rolled low for winds killed a canon that's all my go. i charged the flank of his horrors with the stank using 5 steam points ( that's 6 D3 S6 impacts keep in mind) my fast cav got behind his horrors and picked off his "key" herald. magic for me did not accomplish a thing, the stank combat caused 3 wounds he did not suffer anything cause he had more res,his turn 2 he killed my fast cav, a mortar, did some wounds to both my arch lector and his alter. my turn i got my crazies in combat with one of the flamers units and i was going to charge his greater daemon with my war alter but before i could he quit! he was complain because he lost his herald there was no way he could win at all, and that ALL his units were spread to far apart for him to do anything .

the game lasted like 10 minutes if that, he packed up and left. seemed like totally a poor sport and set in the mode that if hes not winning why play at all, at least that's what i got from him anyway. after a game like this it really makes a guy appreciate the great bunch of guys we have here in our club Smile

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm

I absolutely stole that win from Dom -- but I'll take it. At the end of turn 2 I was honestly thinking that I simply couldn't win, but I was going to see how much carnage the High Elves could do before they went down. Turns out, quite a bit. Swordmasters die fast, but holy Murphy balls do they hit like Tasmanian Devils. Everyone that makes fun of the High magic lore is delusional. Great cheap lore and I can consistently get 4 spells of without jeapordising my Mage with "IF". Super game as it was one of the biggest turn arounds I have ever seen. 50 point difference to sneak the win.

Second game against Matt and his VC. Watchtower and the most fun I'll ever have playing the Watchtower. Literally came down to last combat of turn 6, His characters wiffed, I won combat by 2 and it was just enough to get me the win.

Third game aginst Allan and his Dwarfs and it was a crazy quadrant scenario that baffled me as I hadn't read the scenario before hand. I commanded his Warmachines to blow up, and they obliged even with rerolls. Got the win from Allan which put me at 3-0 and I won a Henry the VIII statue for placing first.

During the last game Allan was flustered by the fact that I was constantly calling the dice and being right. Now, I happen to be very good at it and find it funny. Allan, on the other hand -- certainly did not and finally asked me to stop as it was reeaaaallly getting to him. I was slightly offended as I do it whether I'm winning or losing and do it to myself. But I realised on the way home that there's no way anyone wants to hear it when they're losing. So I apologised to Allan as he called it unsportsmanlike and I'm guessing it seems like a bad winner when you can tell Warmachines to blow up on command. Very Happy Either way, I will curtail the dice calling......at least around Allan.

A few things about Frag. I played 2 Pierce brothers last year and the 3rd one this year and have to mention that they're the 3 nicest guys and honest players you'll ever meet. If there is any way to get these boys into the group we should try it. They play fair, precise, know the rules and do not at all bring heavy lists. Their Mom should be proud.

And finally, the last game Dom had with the Jerk that quit on him. This guy is the worst of the worst and is exactly the fellow that ruins it for everyone. It's rare to see a bigger baby than this one. Why do I have it out for him? Cuz it's this guy:

http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/t577-regina-frag-con-april-23-25

Please take the moment to read that thread to refresh the kind of fellow he is. And of course it's much worse in person. It's funny how last year he wouldn't let me concede in turn 6 when I had a couple models left as "He wanted all of them" and he quits on Dom before charges were even finished. You wouldn't believe how much he was lamenting his luck with the Deamons which was just silly.

His first game against Matt and his Vampire counts was a strange one indeed. How many of you have ever seen a game between Deamons and Vampire Counts where neither army advanced and at the end of turn 6 it was an exact draw? Seriously. no one did a thing for 6 turns. Deamon boy had 2 units of Flamers which should have done loads to the VC and everything else was flying and casting spells to nil effect.

Not sure it actually happened to be honest.

Deans a super guy and deserves more entries than there was. I will say that I was wrong about the Watchtower scenario as I actually had a ton of fun playing it.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon May 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Wish I could of been there to see the drama. Quiting on turn 2 because of the loss of a single hero?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm

ya the guy i killed had lore-master of life, he said that it was the only thing that would make the army be able to fight anything. not sure what he was thinking T 3 S3 with a 4+ ward that are never going to run from combat, ya that cant fight some empire swordsmen at all.....

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top