Dualblade warhammer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dualblade warhammer

Post  GobbladasSquig on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi guys! This game to my mind when talking to a friend back home about different tournament types we could try in Finland. Have you ever tried/heard of Dualblade tournaments? The point is that everyone brings an army and then each round the players matched against each other play two games. The first against their own armies, so they swap armies and fight with their opponent's army against their own, and then the second game is with their own armies. It makes for a very interesting tactical challenge and also is a lot of fun as you technically get to play with four different armies on one day.

Does this sound interesting to anyone? How do you guys generally feel about letting other people, probably strangers too, touch your models? I guess that is the biggest turnoff in the format for most people.

If enough people are more interested in giving it a try than scared of someone dropping their miniatures ( Very Happy ), I could even run an event at the Den. Sometime early March after the midterms would work best for me. So a one day event, probably 1000 point armies, 3 hours per round equals 1,5 hours per individual game and perhaps an additional 15 minutes at the start of the round so that you can go through each others armies. Only comp would probably a ban on power scrolls, the rest sort of evens it out because you have to play against your own army three out of six games. Wink

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dualblade warhammer

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:09 pm

It is an interesting idea. I would be down for it but it might have to be a closed event. I would have no problem letting anyone in the league (and some of the Calgary guys) use my armies but I wouldn't want strangers using them, even if I was standing across the table from them. You could specify that everyone must have a fully-painted army. I think that if everyone had put work into the army that they brought then more care would be taken in the games to make sure that nothing happened to the other person's army and it would keep people that didn't have respect for their models away.

1000 points seems like a good point limit, I haven't played a game that small in a long time but every time I have it's been a great time.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:37 pm

I'd be down for that for sure, would probably want a closed event as well so that only people I know would be touching my toys. Very Happy

That didn't sound gay did it? Rolling Eyes

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:01 pm

That didn't sound gay did it?

Not at all. It did read like you touch your toys a lot though. Embarassed

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 pm

Okay so invitations only. That's cool. Would a requirement for fully painted armies cut too many people out? I guess not since it would only be 1000 points.

'Squiggedit: Also, if someone would really like to give it a try but letting other people use your army makes you a little squeamish, I could build two 1k O&G armies for anybody to use.

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 am

Sounds like fun, and i will have a 1000 point Lizard army avaible for battle.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:02 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top