Not dead, just burried...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not dead, just burried...

Post  epengr on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Fall term was brutal, I really wanted to get out for at least a game or two but no such luck. Winter's not looking to be much better but I'm going to try harder to get out a kick my ass kicked once or twice.

I even had time to put some paint down recently! I'm very excited about getting these dwarfs on the table!

One down, lots to go. (This is my first time trying black Gesso as a primer - I don't have a good place to spray in my condo, it's a bit more work but a LOT less smelly and I like the results.)

-David

P.S. Oh yeah! That's my custom Dwarf Prospector with Steam Drill hack there too!

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not dead, just burried...

Post  Carson on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Good to have you back David! Its always great to see the beginnings of a new army!

Whats black Gesso? When I saw your thread title I thought maybe you were starting VampireCounts. Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm

I figured it was better to bring out these guys to help dig me out, as opposed to admitting that I'm in a total shambles, barely hanging on to life by one thin tread and clawing my way out of the ground...

Anyways, Gesso is an artists primer, it's what's used to treat/prime canvases. I got the idea from Tim's wargamming blog

Most art supply stores will have it. It's not cheap but 16 oz will go a LONG way. You can usually find it in black, white or grey. It goes on plastic smooth, maintains detail well and give a really nice mat finish to work from. I haven't tried it on metal yet.

This is what I bought from Michaels:

It was $20 or something, but it's eay to get your hands on 40% off one item coupons for them. Like here http://mic.michaels.com/20110113SLCANLP.aspx

-David

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:01 pm

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Man do you keep a repository of pics just for times like these? Dead likeness!

I was actually quite taken with the afro dude on the bottles. Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh, see... I ALMOST didn't post that pic because I was embarrassed to own anything bearing ol' Bob's likeness, but I thought it'd be useful information to share.

What did we ever do before Google image search gave the witless the power of self expression? Wink

Just kidding. That's a bit harsh. But true.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh, right. Before google image search witless dolts just said what came to mind and came off like assholes. You wouldn't know it to talk to me, but I actually am an asshole, deep down...

I COULD have just shared an amusingly inspirational poster with my friends on the board, poking gentle fun at a celebrity with an iconically bad hairdo OR I could say something hurtful and stupid. I usually go for the latter, given the choice. Wink

[quote="epengr"]Oh, see... I ALMOST didn't post that pic because I was embarrassed to own anything bearing ol' Bob's likeness, but I thought it'd be useful information to share.

What did we ever do before Google image search gave the witless the power of self expression? Wink

Just kidding. That's a bit harsh. But true.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:34 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top