Oct 5th Legendary Battle!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Battle Nears.....

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:19 pm

As it becomes clearer to the Empire of men that a great battle draws near the call has gone out to unite the old alliances and stave of the forces of darkness. Great war caravans are travelling across the land from the realms of dwarfs, elves and men. Will it be enough?

The forces of darkness must try once again to bring a temporary truce to their own wars and unite to a common goal. Forces have landed in force from as far north as the Sea of Claws and as far south as the obscure misty shores of Bretonnia. Any scouting attempts from the realms of men have only resulted in conflicting and impossible reports. Where will they strike, and to what is their goal?

By looking at the numbers we are generating for this battle it will be fought on a 4ft x 16 ft table. The Evil players will be allowed to discuss a little bit amongst themselves about where they want to force their way inland and establish a beachhead. This means I will get Bob Gonda to give me a little bit of a heads up on what kind of terrain they want to try and force the battle at. Maybe Evil wants a bit of a clear alley and will elect to force their way through a barren patch of coast?

Now that doesn't mean Team good is powerless to make any kind of strategic decision. Team good looks to be outnumbered, badly. Good will have to react fast and quick to put their armies to where they are needed. What kind of special tactics and plans does team good have up their sleeve? Team good should discuss amongst themselves any kind of special plans they want to make. Nothing is too ridiculous. Maybe the dwarves have developed some form of special portable defense structure? Maybe the Dragons Mages of Ulthuan have been preparing a spell for weeks in preperation for the onslaught? Maybe the Empire has opened up it's coffers and bought the loyalty of one of the more "negotiable" members of team Evil?

LMK either through eMail or a PM on these boards if either team has any suggestions, comments or other wise. I would also like to put together a more diffinitive list of who is coming, and what forces they are bringing.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oct 5th Legendary Battle!

Post  Carson on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:24 pm

The winning team...oh I mean team good, consists of Rob M. Empire, Nathan R. Dwarves, Kendric Gonda. High Elves, and myself with Empire.

I'm going to open up a email thread for team good tonight so we can discuss plans and strategy.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Bob and Carson, make sure to check you Private message inboxs on the forums here.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mega Battle

Post  Mhael on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Hey team Good I recruited my younger brother if you need an extra. He can use the dwarfs from my BFSP kit unless all you need is a dice roller. Also I will enjoy stepping over your dead corpses! What a Face

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:33 pm

Mhael wrote:Scott how does it work for armies? Can one person be in control of more than one type of army characters or if you were in control of say ogres are you limited to use of the ogre army alone? Team good better get some loaded dice because no matter what army is brought I have a fist full of sixes to come thundering down like so many arrows!!!

You must bring a legal army list of 1500 points. This does restrict you to the normal conditions of your army book. The additional lord choice may be from any list...

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jordan the great on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Hey, count jordan the great for teambattle good side. Im am taking a lizardman army.

jordan the great

View user profile

Back to top Go down

joining

Post  Kurt on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:40 pm

I would like to join the battle for the forces of good with my Empire!

Kurt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm getting really excited for this game! I do have 1 quick question though, what happens if someone needs to leave due to unforseen circumstances? Will their models stay? I think we should make up some kind of ground rules for that so as the game goes on models don't suddenly disappear with their owners (or suddenly appear if someone arrives late).

What are the final numbers for each team?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:31 pm

nathanr wrote:I'm getting really excited for this game! I do have 1 quick question though, what happens if someone needs to leave due to unforseen circumstances? Will their models stay? I think we should make up some kind of ground rules for that so as the game goes on models don't suddenly disappear with their owners (or suddenly appear if someone arrives late).

What are the final numbers for each team?

If a player needs to leave, the models should stay. I assume if anyone needs to leave they can trust their teamates to not steal their stuff!

Just don't leave..... ever.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Agreed. If I say that I have to leave, for any reason, handcuff me to the table!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TEAM EVIL

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:42 am

Team evil it is time to put our heads together. I sent out private messages, did you get them? If so are you going to reply? email me at ironwoulf@yahoo.ca.

Team good are going to have a huge amount of shooting guarenteed. How do we want to counter that.

Objectives - what are your thoughts

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:41 am

Shooting? Ha.. you can count on the elite hand to hand forces of the Empire coming out in full ass whupping force! Tell me.. what's truly more scary than a block of rock hard empire swordsman marching across the battlefield.. not much, thats for sure!

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

good stratagy

Post  Ironwoulf on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:44 am

Kallidon wrote:Shooting? Ha.. you can count on the elite hand to hand forces of the Empire coming out in full ass whupping force! Tell me.. what's truly more scary than a block of rock hard empire swordsman marching across the battlefield.. not much, thats for sure!

What scares us is thet empire magic item that allows a wizard to assume the stats of his opponet. I envision a line of crazed mounted level 1 wizards chargeing every greater demon and dragon lord in sight. Kinda the empires version of jihad

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Actually we are only bringing flagellants. Nothing else. And they are all going to be in one big 10,000 point unit. Have fun!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Can I get final tallies of participants from the two captains please?

Rob-It does actually look like team good may have the man advantage. I can happily balance that out by throwing in some evil stuff for you guys. There's still a chance I may get soem 40k players to take part (I'm hosting a how to play thingy on friday night) so you MIGHT get a couple more bodies.

Carson-How many sir?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

team evil report

Post  Ironwoulf on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Okay team evil. Confirm your oath to battle and what army your bringing(no need to tell me your free lord at this time), with 5000 extra points you all get extra 500 to fill out a 2000 pt army. Quote this and add your name

Rob G. Chaos mortals

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:46 pm

Ironwoulf wrote:Okay team evil. Confirm your oath to battle and what army your bringing(no need to tell me your free lord at this time), with 5000 extra points you all get extra 500 to fill out a 2000 pt army. Quote this and add your name

Rob G. Chaos mortals

Eric is bringing Ogres! 2000 points of Ogres!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:33 pm

team good has 6

Carson
Rob M.
Nathan
Kendric
Jordan
Kurt

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

private messages

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:34 pm

On the weekend i attempted to send out private messages. did anyone get them - team evil, Scott??

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Team evil

Post  Mhael on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 am

Andre will be bringing an ogre army as well. I have an extra player but no army for him (suggestions team evil). I didn't get a pm sent through ironwoulf.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:02 am

Ironwoulf wrote:On the weekend i attempted to send out private messages. did anyone get them - team evil, Scott??

Yes I got your message.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:03 am

Mhael wrote:Andre will be bringing an ogre army as well. I have an extra player but no army for him (suggestions team evil). I didn't get a pm sent through ironwoulf.

I can set him up. How about Demons? The Nurgle stuff is easier to play first time then Orcs (My only other viable choice).

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

team evil and breakfast

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:49 pm

It looks like team evil will have about 7 people. That leaves about 1500 of the extra points unaccounted for. Everyone make up a list of 200pts that can be added to your army dependant upon how many show up.

Breakfast. I and some of team good will be at jerry's food emporium for breakfast at about 10AM. Come out and join.

Ironwoulf

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 pm

What time are we starting at?

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:53 pm

10:00 breakfast at Jerry's it is... then WAR!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top