Tournament Warmup Games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tournament Warmup Games?

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:45 pm

I won't be here for the tournament on the 22nd but the week leading up to it is wide open for me. Anyone want a warm-up game without giving away your tournament list? I'll be available for games on the evenings of the 18th, 19th & 20th. Let me know if you want a game or two.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tournament Warmup Games?

Post  Pud on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:55 pm

i can take a night, let me have the 19th please. will clear my slate and prepare for battle. two would be nice as i have two idea's for my army.

Cheers, Darren
Empire

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:14 pm

Sure, no problem. If you want two games it might be better to play someplace other than the Den since it closes at 9, I have a table and terrain at my place if you'd like. I can use whatever you'd like to play against: Dwarfs, Bretonnians, Wood Elves or even High Elves. All of my lists would be something that I would take to the tournament.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 pm

either or, you pick your army. and we can wait and see if someone else wants a game that night or just go to your place, and you can use two seperate armies.

D

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Hey Nathan I would like a game or two on the 20th if thats cool.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:50 am

Sure, sounds good. I can probably start around 6 or 7 both evenings, I'll know better when we get a bit closer to the date.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:18 am

Is someone up for a warm-up game next Sunday, the 16th? I'll probably be doing some decadent partying the night before so I'd be an easy opponent. Very Happy If I manage to get up early I could have two games, starting from noon.

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Sunday is out for me, sorry. I do want to have a game with you sometime though, it will probably have to be after the tournament.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I think I'll probably be free to play a game on Sunday if you want.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I just found out I have soccer practice on Sunday, but I'm not completely sure at what time. I'll know better later, but anyways that means that there's probably only time for one game. So I can have a game with you Zack, and I'll notify you as soon as I find out when I'm free.

Sure Nathan, anytime you're free. Mondays and Fridays are probably the worst days for me, Tuesdays and Thursdays and then weekends the best. Smile

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 pm

If anyone has some time after 5:30 on Tuesday I'd like to try and get a game in before the tournament if anyone has time.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Freezingoon wrote:If anyone has some time after 5:30 on Tuesday I'd like to try and get a game in before the tournament if anyone has time.

I could have a game, Is the den open late or is it only till 6:00 on Tuesday. If not i could set up a table at my place.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh, I didn't know it was closed that early on Tuesdays, I can play Wed or Thurs too, I think its open later on those days.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

how does Wednesday at 630 sound to you ?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Works for me.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Played a couple games against Darren last night. His Emprire methodically took apart my High Elves in the Blood or Glory scenario, in a last-ditch effort to steal the win my general charged all by himself into a horde of halbadiers and a detachment of swordsmen in an attempt to assassinate the enemy general. I managed 3 wounds but he saved one and then cut down my general, bringing me to my breaking point and ending the game. I didn't have an answer to his shooting and he managed to shut down my magic phase even though I usually had 4 or 5 more power dice than he had dispel dice.

Our second game my dwarfs fared a little better, their higher toughness and armour helping them to weather the barrage. The dawn attack scenario deployment rules didn't help Darren out too much either with most of his infantry getting stuck into a corner which meant his cavalry had to take on the bulk of my army by themselves which didn't end well for the knights. We had to end it early but when we did I held the upper hand, although I was faced with the grim prospect of marching dwarfs toward his war machines while getting shot. Many dwarfs would have been lost in that march but I think I would have prevailed.

Looking forward to 2 games against Nathan A. tonight!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top