Anyone up for a game on the 2nd & 3rd of Jan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone up for a game on the 2nd & 3rd of Jan

Post  GobbladasSquig on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi everybody! I'm coming to Saskatoon on the 1st but I'll have to stay at the Colonial for three nights before on-campus housing opens. I reckon I'll be really bored and with a lot of time on my hands the first couple of days. So anyone up for a game of warhammer? Smile We could do anything up to 2,500 points I think, why not even a test game for the upcoming Masters tourney. I'm pretty sure I'll bring O&G.

So I understand the Den is the place to go? If my GoogleMaps-Fu is strong enough, it seems to be practically next door to the Colonial. Does anyone know if and when the Den is open on the 2nd and 3rd?

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone up for a game on the 2nd & 3rd of Jan

Post  Carson on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey good to have you finally here. Not sure if the den is open those days. Here is the dens' phone number 955-3826.

I won't be able to make it in for those days but I'm sure somebody will be around.

Look forward to meeting you.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:11 am

Maybe the third, and i have room at my place. might be a little early but will let you know.

Darren

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:45 am

I won't be around then either but I would love to have some warm-up games before the tournament, I'm still a bit rusty when it comes to 8th edition so I'd like some practice.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:30 pm

I will have to check when office is open but I should be around for a game on the third nathan

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Yeah, I didn't really expect anything would be open the 2nd, it's a Sunday and everything. I'm also up for games later on, anyone just give a shout and we can play. Smile Not sure about my study schedules on weekdays yet, but weekends should be doable.

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:00 pm

is anyone still looking for a game on tthe 3rd?

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm up for anything that will save me from another day of non-stop Corner Gas. Very Happy So what time are you free? Sometime after noon, around 1pm?

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm

sure 1 pm dhould work fine with me, 2500 pts works good for you??

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Perfect! See you tomorrow! Smile

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 pm

So, had two games today, first one against Dom and his tomb kings and then against Darren's Bretonnians. My O&G were victorious in both games, but both of them were very closely fought and could have easily gone either way. Dom rolled the Watchtower for us and I ended up winning with less than ten orc boyz in the building at the end of turn 5 when the game ended. Them and two war machines were all that I had left at that point while Dom had most of his army intact. So I would have taken a serious beating in points. Also, looking back on it (not sure if I remember the course of events correct) I think I had my great shaman in that last round of fighting that won me the watchtower although he had died of a miscast earlier that turn. Very Happy I'll have to give Dom a rematch one day.

Then my orcs faced the Brets in a dawn attack. Darren had to put his grail knights and BSB on the far left flank and all the peasant infantry on the right while most of the knights were in the middle. My forces got divided too with my general and black orcs facing those grails and a big chunk of my units and the BSB facing peasants. Black orcs got lucky catching the grails in the flank when my night goblin speed bump surprisingly held on snake eyes. After some WAAAGH fueled great weapon attacks, the grails were annihilated. As both the black orcs and night goblins survived, that gave me a points advantage that Darren couldn't catch anymore. His huge unit of pegasi knights did rack up a nice amount of points though, killing 60+ models I think. So I ended up winning with some 500 points.

Thanks again for the great games, guys, and thanks for welcoming me!

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top