Oct 5th Legendary Battle!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oct 5th Legendary Battle!

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:16 am

Hello all,

Sunday Oct 5th at the Den will be a mega battle, with a slight twist. This is a "Good vs. Evil" battle that you must sign up for before the event. Their are two team captains who will help coordinate your battle plans. Each side will get 5000 pnts to start and each extra body signed up for their side will recieve 1500 points plus one lord model of any cost. The rules are that you are encouraged to get new players to sign up and they will also add to your points total. They don't need to know how to play, just how to roll dice! There's lots of figs to be spared form myself and many others for this event. I will post more details up ASAP, but if you're interested best post something up sooner rather than later!

Last edited by ScottRadom on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oct 5th Legendary Battle!

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Hello all,

Sunday Oct 3rd at the Den will be a mega battle, with a slight twist. This is a "Good vs. Evil" battle that you must sign up for before the event. Their are two team captains who will help coordinate your battle plans. Each side will get 5000 pnts to start and each extra body signed up for their side will recieve 1500 points plus one lord model of any cost. The rules are that you are encouraged to get new players to sign up and they will also add to your points total. They don't need to know how to play, just how to roll dice! There's lots of figs to be spared form myself and many others for this event. I will post more details up ASAP, but if you're interested best post something up sooner rather than later!

Im in..naturally Razz

Team evil feel free to bring as many friends as you can, I can supply well over 10 000pts, just let me know in advance how many 1500pt groups are needed.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 am

Are special characters allowed? I have High King Thorgrum Grudgebearer and Orion for the side of good if they are. I also have 5000+ points worth of dwarfs if they are required. How early is this thing going to start?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:16 pm

11:00am start, though I have to confirm this with Dragon's Den as it is outside their normal hours,

This is how it breaks down... Each side gets the 5000 points to break up any way you guys agree upon. MOre details of the scenario objectives will arrive as we approach the date. I want this to be something special! After the 5000pnts each player who show's up for each team will add an aditional 1500 points of their troops PLUS a single lord selection worth any points total. This means that Nathan could show up with a legal 1500 point list of dwarfs and Thorgrim Grudgebearer without taking any points total from the 5000 point pool for the good side. You could however agree with the good captain (Carson) to take another 500 points from the pool and bring 2000 points plus the additional lord choice.

Each team captain also gets the additional 1500 points plus a lord.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:44 pm

Now you have me really excited for this and it is still 2 months away! I'll see if my brother is able to come, if he comes he'll also be on the good side with some Brets. Can the lord character be from a different army than the 1500 points (for example a wood elf lord and 1500 points of Dwarfs)?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

nathanr wrote:Now you have me really excited for this and it is still 2 months away! I'll see if my brother is able to come, if he comes he'll also be on the good side with some Brets. Can the lord character be from a different army than the 1500 points (for example a wood elf lord and 1500 points of Dwarfs)?

Never thought of that....

Sure!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Legendary Battle TEAM EVIL

Post  Ironwoulf on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:48 pm

The following warlords have announced thier alligance to the banner of Evil
Warlord Montoya
Warlord Screamindaemon
Warlord James
Warlord Stash.

We are looking for more good men(or women) to join our cause. 1500pts, even if you have never played we welcome you and can set you up with an army.

Lord Kallidon - it would be in your best interest to reconsider your choice of alligance. Bring your Beastmen over to the dark side. Forsake the Empire and all that is good for you will surely perish if you follow Lord Carson of Gallant.

What is good in life? To defeat your enemy, to drive their people before you, and to hear the lamentatiions of their women.

Lord Ironwoulf

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maeson on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 pm

I have a Dwarf castle I could donate to the cause. It can hold a fair amount of troops so it might be good for a mega seige battle.

Maeson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Maeson wrote:I have a Dwarf castle I could donate to the cause. It can hold a fair amount of troops so it might be good for a mega seige battle.

Put some pictures of it up, It'd be great to see what you worked on.

Does this mean you are coming up to Saskatoon for the event?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Who is the Evil Captain? I would like to take 500 points from the pool to bring 2000 points of Ogres. 1500 points of Ogres just isn't enough, as I would have to take a Bruiser for my general.

Also I can donate my Tomb Kings to the cause of Team Evil if anyone needs them.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Bob Gonda is captain for team bad guys.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:31 pm

Hey Bob! Gimme those points!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

legendary battle

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Remember that you can bring 1500pts and then add a lord(no max value) on top. You can bring your Tyrant, max him out.

The 2000pts will be divided up closer to the Blood Letting once team evil is assembled and we have an idea of how pitiful team Good is.

To all Team Evil, make up your lists, think about what we may need to counter Good. They have Empire, Dwarves and Elves - lots of shooting

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:42 am

I know, but it has to be a legal 1500 point army.

Butchers can't be generals, which forces me to take a Bruiser and act as the general for my little army. Also, since we can take characters from other armies, I had other plans for my free Lord choice...

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:32 am

You must know me to well, luring me with quotes the greatest fantasy movie ever made.

Alas, I shall resist. Since I end up playing fantasy only a couple of times a year, I better stick with something I know moderately.. and I have such a great time Hellblasting away.
I will have to invest in an uber character though.

Carson, are you bringing any mega empire characters?

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:14 pm

I figure since we'll both bring Empire we should shoot the works and bring out the holy Trinty....that is Karl Franz, Swartzenberg, and Hellborg. Hell lets even bring Huss. We we get closer to the date we'll get our team together...via email... and plan out points allowances and the works.

Right now if I'm not mistaken we have Kendric Gonda, Nathan Rinholm, Rob M. and myself. We'll probably buy our special characters out of the 5000 pool pts.

Anyone else looking to join team good...William how about those Brets and Dana we could always use more Empire?

I want to send those deamons back to hell where they came from!!!!!!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Team Evil

Post  Ironwoulf on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:37 pm

In 2 weeks we will divide up the 5000pts and make our cunning plan to win big. Odds are good evryone will get an extra 500pts. At some point we should start coordinating by email.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Join now, live forever

Post  Ironwoulf on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:50 pm

"Anyone else looking to join team good...William how about those Brets and Dana we could always use more Empire?" Such a pathetic plea for help, look what weaklings they are. Warlord Willian and Highlord Dana, why join an already sunken ship. Embrace the dark, encase yourselves in the armor of death and destruction. Only in team evil can you fully realize your potential, to slack your thirst in blood of your enemies. Join us and first choice of booty and captives will be yours.

Warlord Ironwoulf, Commander of the 3rd Cohort of Chaos

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:18 pm

Just curious, can I use the White Dwarf? His rules were in WD#300. I'm not sure if he is legal or not, but he is an awesome character!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Yeah, sure.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:51 pm

Then I request an extra 500 points from team good! The white dwarf AND the high king...!?! I don't need an answer right away, we can decide more when we get closer to the big day.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallidon on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Which characters do you have miniatures of? I have none of them, but can definitely pick one up and paint before the fight.

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 pm

I want to see (and kill) Valten too if anyone has him.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Only if we get to kill Archaon! I think a High King Grudgebearer or Emperor Karl Franz vs Archaon challenge would be pretty epic!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm short of Huss and Hellborg

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:44 am