Masters Round4

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Masters Round4

Post  GobbladasSquig on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Cool! cheers And thanks for the quick reply!

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Hey guys just getting my stuff together for the tournament and was wondering if anyone might lend me some great eagles, as I don't think mine will be coming in time for the tourney. I need 2 and it would be much appreciated if someone could help me out.
Thanks all, cheers.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:50 pm

I have 3 Great Eagles you could use.

Last edited by squalie on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 am

That would be awesome Don thanks. I ordered 2 gamezone ones off ebay but they havent even shipped them yet so it would be great if I could use these.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:01 am

I also have 2 painted and based.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 am

That might be a better option as mine are bare metal. Nathan, could you talk to Nathan about the Eagles, as I think Nathan might be able to help Nathan out here. Thank you Nathans.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:21 am

Plus I'm having a couple warm-up games on thursday with him so he can get them from me then. That's what Nathans do, we help each other out, not like those shifty Dons.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Pud wrote:found a box with knights and all my leaders so that is good, Outriders are still missing but i will use my Bret. Trebuchet for my Rocket and the Horses for the Outriders.

Darren

Hey Darren i have some outriders and a rocket battery if you want to use them.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:47 pm

please if i could, like to have proper peices for the battle. i made a Pistoliers unit as well when i found out war machines are 7t and my huntsmen were little use against them now.

D

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

They are T7 vs shooting but in close combat they are the toughness of the crew.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks Nathan, I'll grab those at your place when we play thurs night.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 am

If you guys think the composition rules for this tournament are strict you should check these out. These were posted on Asrai.org:

Compulsory:
No Special Characters

Maximum unit size is 50 for models costing under 10 points, 40 for models costing 10-15 points, and 30 for models costing over 15 points. Monstrous Infantry are limited to 10 models per unit.

Guidelines

You should not have more characters in your army than you have units.

You should have at least 6 fortitude and 6 deployments.

If you have more than one Warrior Priest/Arch Lector, you should not take any wizards.

No Special unit costing over 100 points should be tripled. No rare unit costing over 100 points should be doubled, nor should the Warp Lightning Cannon.

Black List: The following items should not be taken. Power Scroll, Book of Hoeth, Focussed Rumination, Sacrificial Dagger. These items are overpowered in the 8th edition magic phase.

A Lizardman army should only contain two of the following: Focus of Mystery, Cupped Hands, Becalming Cogitation, ‘Ethereal’, Bane Head.

A Vampire army should only contain two of the following: Forbidden Lore, Book of Arkhan, Black Periapt, Helm of Commandment, Drakenhoff Banner, Master of The Black Arts.

A Daemon army should not duplicate any gifts or banners given to characters or units.

A High Elf army should only take one of the following: Seerstaff, Seal of Asuryan, Banner of Sorcery, Jewel of the Dusk.

A Dark Elf army should only contain one of the following items: Pendant of Khaleth, Darkstar Cloak, Black Dragon Egg, Banner of Hag Graef.

A Skaven army should only contain one of the following: Doom Rocket, Brass Orb, Stormbanner, Death Globes, Skalm.

No army should have more than one item/ability that automatically dispels a spell.

No army should spend more than 25% of its points units that can shoot (Do not count single models such as characters or monsters. Do not count units of skinks including Kroxigor or gnoblars. Do not count War Machines)

No army should include more than 4 war machines.
If a war machine is duplicated (2 for 1 choices excepted) then the pair counts as three war machines and therefore you would only be allowed one additional war machine, which could not be a duplicate of the third.
Steam Tank counts as 2 war machines AND may not be combined with a cannon.
Skaven Weapons Teams count as war machines.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 am

A comp list like that is a sign of paranoia and their playing environment. Some of those restrictions are silly and pointless. It would have been easier to just list the allowed units and items. Rolling Eyes

That's a perfect example of needing to fix the attitudes of the players, instead of trying to fix the game.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 am

What a silly, silly set of restrictions. Empire and Lizardmen are whacked so hard that they completely forgot about WoC Chosen horde and even let the worst DE stuff slip through... Also, what's this stuff about 'guidelines'? What's the punishment for breaking those guidelines?

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:03 pm

All I have to say is that I'm glad I don't play with the kind of people that need those sets of restrictions.

Also, I'm not sure why they think the regen banner for vc is OP in this edition, it was much better before, since in the second try they faq'd the unstable rules on VC, oh well.

And yeah, how does allowing only 50 skaven slaves in a unit have the same effect as allowing ONLY 30 chosen Shocked that seems a little strange. But then again I don't play either of those armies so I wouldn't really know.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MASTERS BREAKFAST

Post  Ironwoulf on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 am

Seeing as the tourny starts at 9AM I will be at Jerry's Food Emporium around 7:30-8 AM ish for Breakfast. Join me, even bring your main squeeze, as all are welcome at my table.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:37 pm

I dont know if Debbie will be there but I will see you there.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Thought I better let everyone know that Darren will open the doors at 8am. I'd like to be rolling dice by 9 so try to show up by 8:30 at the latest.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Shocked 8:30, on a Saturday! It's a good thing this is to play warhammer, I don't think I could get up that early for anything else.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Hmm, will have to start a bit earlier on Friday then...

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Hmm, will have to start a bit earlier on Friday then....

What do you mean, drinking? Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 pm

I can never say no when there's a bottle of Jameson in the room. Wink

So yeah, my congrats to everyone who gets paired against me on Saturday! Very Happy

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I think we'll get along just fine...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 am

Carson wrote:Thought I better let everyone know that Darren will open the doors at 8am. I'd like to be rolling dice by 9 so try to show up by 8:30 at the latest.

Okay. I will be at Jerry's at 7AM. Damn those ranchers and early morning rituals

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:18 pm

So, another tournament come and gone. A great day of gaming at the Den with 14 seasoned generals fighting it out.

Congrats have to go out to Brent for winning the Joseph Bugman award of excellence (60$). Brent Showed the spirit of the true Hobbyiest by bringing a nicely painted army of HighElves, scored great sporstmanship and army build points.

The overall title was captured by our newest member here in Saskatoon. Congrats to Tony who brought is awesome O&G army from way over in Finland on a mighty waagh. Tony scored well in all categories walking away with the title (100$).

Our Masters series also wrapped up yesterday. Congrats to Wade for taking this years Masters title. Hop you enjoy your battalion box and trophy.

Now, I would like everyones feed back. What did you like, what didn't you like, suggestions etc. Lets hear em!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top