Masters Round4

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Masters Round4

Post  Carson on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Had a great talk/message from Toni (gobbladasquig) and have added to the comp rule. Check it out.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:59 pm

carson. My opinion for what it counts - you have never had to explain yourself. You set the rules, i choose to follow, and i have a good time (and i lose way more times than i win), end of story. I would make 1 suggestion - whenever the army generals are in a challenge with each other the players should go out back and see who wins, I believe it would help my win/lose ratio a lot. And yes if the Den was liscensed (with serving babes) it would be gamer heaven.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:14 pm

and the answer is yes, and if we do the right day, could be cheap but unless we add the babes, no serving babes.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:22 pm

yup I agree Bob............challenge's between opposing generals should be settled out back! Very Happy

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 pm

What constitutes a monster slot?

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 pm

hey Wade,

-anything from the rulebook bestiary listed as Mo or Un.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 pm

There is a loophole in the monster comp rule. The one I can think of is treeman/treeman ancient for wood elves. If you go with the letter of the law you could have 2 treemen where one is an ancient. Of course I think that would be totally against the spirit of the rule. I'm sure there are other ones like that in other armies. Do you have any thoughts on that Carson?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Why is that Nathan, they're both Monsters? (Mo)

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:48 pm

I know with the way I read the rules taking say a ancient stegadon as a monster mount for a hero and then having a rare choice ancient stegadon would be against the rules. But having a stegadon and an ancient, two separately listed monster would still be allowed.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

boss quite today, so now my future is unclear as is my job not sure yet what will happen as i am under his contract.

Darren

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 am

The way I read it you can have more than one monster but not more than 1 of the same monster. Is that right?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 am

The way I figure it having a treeman and treeman ancient or steg and ancient steg would break the spirit of the rule. Mounts are excepted from this rule but would of course count towards the characters points limit.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey not sure if they is room left or not, but if there is sign me up with my high elves
Brent

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

your in!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:17 am

Turns out I'm not going to be able to make it to the tournament, my brother is competing in Bobsled in Calgary that weekend and I'd like to go watch since most of his competitions are in the states. I wish I could come, I was counting on the tournament to mark my return to the Warhammer scene but I guess it will have to wait a bit longer. The good news is, with both Eric and I out the Masters prize is really up for grabs!

I'll try to make myself available in the coming weeks if anyone wants warm-up games to fine tune their lists before the tournament.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 pm

if there is still a spot open i may be in, got fired today found out a week after it happened. got a new job but unsure where i will start. but if i can i want in if there are spots still avaible.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I believe I can attend now also since my project ended earlier than excpected.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Good stuff, Geoff, Darren!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I'll be in with High Elves for this one as I got a bunch of madels for christmas.

HE is what you end up with when you let your girlfriend pick between HE and DE for you, as DE just "look gross"... I guess.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

help for Darren

Post  Pud on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 pm

three things, i moved over new years and i can't find any of my Empire knights and outriders. If anyone has extra i can use would be great, next same for the war machines my cannon is the only one looking like what it should. And last question, how do i fire the rockets, it sounds like a cannon with the "bounce" and a second roll to see if it lands.

Darren

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 pm

The rocket battery works more like a mortar with the exception that once you pick a point where you are shooting at you roll the artillery dice and move the point that much forward. Then you roll the artillery dice and scatter dice to see where it actually lands. Put the large template over the point and see what you've hit. It is basically a less accurate but more powerful mortar.

I can't help you out with the models though, I've got no Empire stuff. If you get really desperate you could possibly sub in some bretonnian knights and scratch-build some war machines. A rocket battery probably wouldn't be too hard to build out of bits of sprue and straws and other stuff and a mortar would be pretty easy too. The hellblaster you might need to buy though. Hopefully you find everything in time though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Sorry darren, I'll be using mine at the tournament if I can play.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:37 pm

found a box with knights and all my leaders so that is good, Outriders are still missing but i will use my Bret. Trebuchet for my Rocket and the Horses for the Outriders.

Darren

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Doing some final tweaking to my list and I've got a couple of questions. The comp says no duplicate lords (no double fighter/caster types). Does this mean I can't have one black orc warboss and one night goblin warboss? Or are only duplicate warbosses of the same "race" forbidden? Does it help if one of the warbosses is actually more of a caster type with the Wizarding Hat? Very Happy

Second question is about ogres as "dogs of war". I know GW pretty much got rid of those rules, but a lot of gaming groups still allow people to field bulls, leadbelchers, ironguts and/or maneaters as a part of the rare allowance. How have you guys ruled it? If it's allowed, I'll be taking a single maneater, so no deathstars or anything.

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:28 pm

No identical lord choices so a nightgoblin lord and blackorc lord would be fine, 2 blackorc lords would not, etc...

DOW are still fine.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top