Nathan's Models

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

Re: Nathan's Models

Post  Derek on Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Awesome Army Dude...all around it looks amazing.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 am

Ive been plugging away painting dwarfs of all things. I finished up a unit of 20 old metal ranger models and the big papa smurf ranger Josef Bugman. Iím now moving on to 3 hold guardians in the form of bear riders from Norba miniatures. Iíll post pictures when Iím done.

After that Iím not sure what Iíll paint. Suggestions?
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 am

What armies do you have again? Do you have a painted dwarf army and i've just never seen it?
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 am

I have some vampire knights that could use a nice paint job 😁
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:40 am

I'd like to see you add some foot knights to your Equitaine army!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:59 am

I second that.

I like an KoE army with Peasants - cannon fodder - and Foot Knights.

I know you would put together an awesome unit or two.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:43 pm

@ Sean, Dwarfs were my first army. I've repainted quite a bit of it since I first got it in 1999. Every model is old-school metal. The army box weighs a ton. While Andre is usually considered the Dwarf expert of the group, I've been in the Dwarf game longer than most.

@Dom, I could maybe be persuaded into painting some vampire knights. Nice small units, lots of fun details. Let me know what you want to do.

@ Derek and Carson, That would require me to buy more stuff. I've already got more models than I care to admit laying around in unpainted squalor. I should probably give that stuff some love before I go and buy more stuff. I would like to have some peasants for my knights to boss around though.

I also built up 3 hold guardians in the form of dwarfs in mech-suits a while back (before purchasing the bear riders). I could paint them up too and have options for which hold guardian unit to use (bears for ranger-type army, mech suits for engineer-type army). While I'm at it my kingsguard could also use a fresh coat of paint. It never ends.

If you can believe it, there was once a brief time when I had every model in my collection painted. It was back when I only had a dwarf army. The very same day I unlocked that achievement I went out and bought my wood elf army. Razz
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:43 pm

I didnt know or entirely forgot you had a metal dwarf army super cool. and Wah i thought I was considered the dwarf expert... I am the shortest after all... ha

My vote is for painting the hold guardians and or buying Peasants to boss around for the KoE
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Hereís my finished war alter. Terrible picture but you can get the idea at least.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Love the slave idea. Strap up a couple zombies and you have perpetual energy! Wink
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:30 am

Nice! Cant wait to see it on the table.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:54 am

Started paining Leopold the Black tonight. Itís a forgeworld model with a ton of detail. I went with a traditional red and blue scheme but with the red and blue blocked in I donít like it. Iím going to go with something different I think. Maybe yellow, white and purple instead. It is frustrating to waste a painting session but I wouldnít have been happy with the model as it was so better to start over than to forge ahead and do a half-ass job.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:40 pm

Hey Nathan...Did you notice that T9A is asking for submissions for EoS armies for the new army list.

You should submit a pic of your stuff.
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am

Derek wrote:Hey Nathan...Did you notice that T9A is asking for submissions for EoS armies for the new army list.

You should submit a pic of your stuff.

I did see that but I don't have any heavy infantry or a wizard. The pics have to be of their specific army list.

I've made some decent progress on the Leopold figure. Purple and yellow are looking much better in my opinion. I'm about finished the horse but the metallic paints I used for the barding have a really distracting gloss finish to them. I'm going to hold off on pictures until I hit it with a matte varnish to try to take down the shine. I think I need to work the metals a bit more anyway but I'm not sure if I should do that pre- or post-varnish as it is really tough to see what is highlighted and what is just shiny at the moment.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Pictures....seriously.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Here you go Don, pictures arenít great and looking at them I can already see a bunch of things to change.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 pm

I've been there...which is why you don't see pictures until I've had a few successes first, lol. It actually looks about like it should until it's done. I used to get half way through a model and almost simple green it, but I keep pushing towards what I have in my head and it usually works out.

This will look fine when it's done. There's a ton of detail on that fig so it's gonna need a little persuasion first. I really like the purple and yellow! Just make sure the detail is crisp and it'll be a centerpiece.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 pm

I've been there...which is why you don't see pictures until I've had a few successes first, lol. It actually looks about like it should until it's done. I used to get half way through a model and almost simple green it, but I keep pushing towards what I have in my head and it usually works out.

This will look fine when it's done. There's a ton of detail on that fig so it's gonna need a little persuasion first. I really like the purple and yellow! Just make sure the detail is crisp and it'll be a centerpiece.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 am

Agree,It should be quite nice when finished. As a suggestion....a purple wash on the armour would really tie it into the cloth colors.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum