Nathan's Models

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: Nathan's Models

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 am

nathanr wrote:Thatís probably the place to go for that. †There is also an upgrade kit for my printer that I could buy that extends the print bed somewhat. †Not sure how much it costs, might be cheaper and easier to buy a bigger printer.

And then sell me your OLD printer Wink good deal lets do that
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 pm

nathanr wrote:Thatís probably the place to go for that. †There is also an upgrade kit for my printer that I could buy that extends the print bed somewhat. †Not sure how much it costs, might be cheaper and easier to buy a bigger printer.

We talked about this. Buy a bigger printer, make me a Trex skull (not for insane prices) so I can help you pay for printer. Sell Sean smaller printer and make us stuff for reasonable prices. Printer = free.

Do I have to think of everything?
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:53 pm

squalie wrote:

†We talked about this. Buy a bigger printer, make me a Trex skull (not for insane prices) so I can help you pay for printer. Sell Sean smaller printer and make us stuff for reasonable prices. †Printer = free.

†Do I have to think of everything?

This guy gets it! Plus I've always wanted one and then i can be the cool guy on campus !
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Wait what campus are you hanging around?
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 am

Hey Andre, I'm printing those 80x80 movement trays you asked for. I've got one done and I'll get the other 4 done this week if you want them.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Perfect thank you
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:56 am

Well, with one more painting evening before the tournament I can safely say I'm not going to finish my army. I'm now torn between taking it anyway or waiting until it is finished. The biggest thing holding me back from taking it is that I don't have my movement trays done yet so it's going to be terrible to try to move the army around. I could skip painting tonight and try to fashion some crude movement trays but I'd almost rather wait and take something else this time around.

I have 17 knights left to paint, maybe if I really buckle down I can get them done before Don's thing. Maybe my magnets will show up and I'll get the rest of my movement trays painted. And maybe, I'll get the shields I ordered from China and I'll be able to field a fully-painted, fully based army.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:09 am

I'm going to bring something different I think. I don't know what yet, but I have 5 options. 3 types of elves, dwarfs or kingdom of equitaine. I am playing Sylvan Elves for the league so maybe them.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm going to bring High Elves if that helps. I was in the same boat as you, couldn't quite get done with the KoE and the army is turning out better than I expected so I want to wait until it's done to reveal.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:32 am

I've made some pretty decent progress on the army but it is going to be close. I've got 9 more knights to paint and 5 days to do it in. I can knock out the horses decently quickly, probably 2 painting sessions for them start to finish which leaves me with 3 sessions to paint the riders. I should be able to do it. I won't be magnetized but I have movement trays for everything.

Those of you who are attending Don's mini tourney will be the first to see the freshly recruited, untested army of Middenheim.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 pm

DONE! Well, Iím done enough. I still need to glue grass tufts to bases and paint some shields and attach magnets and line my movement trays with steel but every model is painted and thatís how itís going to be for gaming this weekend.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 am

Grats! looking forward to seeing the army
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:30 am

I havenít seen a single pic..,
ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:53 am

Here you go Scott!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Awesome looking army and a great theme! Really really like the steam tank, definitely my favorite piece.

Also i think you've had atleast two armies built and painted from scratch since I started this hobby. Gotta get off my ass and paint apparently haha.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Ha, the steam tank was painted by Don, it just happened to be painted in a color scheme that matched mine so I slapped it onto a base. Literally the easiest thing for me to finish in the whole army. You have a good eye for quality Sean!

You can't see from the distance shots but there are a ton of conversions and little customizations throughout the army:

- The Wolf riders are 40K thunderwolf models being ridden by old metal chaos knights. The knights have had their heads cut and filed off and replaced with random Empire and Chaos Marauder heads. All chaos iconography has been filed off or covered with greenstuff. Their weapons have also been replaced with Empire weapons, one unit has lances from the knight kit (except the champion, that's from the empire general kit) while the other unit has various hand weapons representing halberds (Luthor Huss's hammer, a hammer from the silver tower warrior priest guy, an axe from a storm of chaos empire character).

- The handgunners have Reiter heads and some greenstuff-sculpted fur on their uniforms

- The reiters have greenstuff-sculpted fur and some extra bits of baggage added to their horses

- The Knights are real kit-bashes. They started out with just knight bits but I replaced the horses with those from the War alter, and used white wolf knight and chaos marauder heads. The unit with shields has shields from beastmen and shoulderpads/cloaks from various places or sculpted from greenstuff. The unit with 2-handed hammers has a champion armed with the hammer from the war alter warrior priest (I think that's where its from) and again, shoulder pads and cloaks from various places.

- The greatswords are Norba miniatures Teutonic Guard, the unit fillers are Fenrisian Wolves. The champion came without a hammer so I took 2 hammers and cut them up to give him 2 weapons to represent his 2 attacks. This is pretty much the only "stock" unit. At some point I may try to acquire some of the outstanding Teutogen guard that GW made for the Storm of Chaos campaign way back in the day and swap them into the unit. For now the Norba minis will do.

- The cannon is pretty much stock but I replaced one of the crew with the acolyte from the war alter kit and did a head swap on another of the crew.

- The BSB is some old metal guy that I got from Carson, the wolf head hood he's got came from a Storm of Chaos Warrior Priest model and some greenstuff, the dog is from Guild Ball.

- The Warrior Priests are interesting, one is an exclusive gamesday model that I cut in half and put on a horse with some Bretonnian knight's legs. I disguised the join with some fur accents with greenstuff. He is mounted on the horse from the empire general kit. The other mounted priest is Luthor Huss but I've since replaced him with a sweet Priest from Gamezone. I'll post pictures once I'm done painting him. The third Warrior Priest is in the greatsword unit, he's that old storm of chaos model but I fixed the cut marks from when I removed the wolf head with greenstuff.

- The general is Archaon's body with the rips in the cloak fixed with greenstuff, the chaos-looking stuff on his chest has been replaced with a greenstuff-sculpted wolf head. His head is actually from the Empire archers kit, the shield is from a bretonnian man-at-arms, and the sword is from the empire general. His legs are I think from the chaos manticore kit. He is mounted on a 40K thunderwolf.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm

The Steam Tank is Amazing!! Wink

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted to do with the army - so glad itís ready for the table!

Good stuff Nathan, and prolific too. Keep making everyone ashamed of how much they donít paint. Smile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:06 pm

My favorite part of this army is probably the bsb, namely the dog in the front. It is amazingly painted!

Also if I had any crits, it would actually be to re pair the steam tank , for such an iconic model it looks very bland to me
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Great Job Nathan, I've seen it in person and it looks even better!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:44 am

Hey thanks guys! Itís a big relief to finish an army but now Iíve got a void where I donít know what to do next. Iíve painted a bolt thrower for my KoE and Iím starting on a unit of rangers for the dwarfs. I have an endless number of small things I could paint but I just donít have any direction at the moment.

I donít have any plans for a new army but who knows, maybe owning 6 painted armies isnít enough!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:38 am

Itís a big relief to finish an army but now Iíve got a void where I donít know what to do next.

Just sell it like I do...
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Ha, I cannot bring myself to do that. I get too attached. Theyíre like my children, well maybe like step-children. I could sell them if I absolutely had to but I wouldnít like doing it.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterW on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:46 am

Fantastic looking army Nathan, I remember seeing it as a work in progress a while back and I love how everything turned out! All of the conversions and the style really give this army a strong sense of character.
PeterW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Very cool army, did not realize all the custom work. Super awesome. And i only picked out the tank because it was the largest and clearest in the photos. And i love me a steam tank.

The BSB is really cool. can't help feel that dog is overmatched by the wolves tho Razz

Also really like the cape on the demi wolf thing closest to the tank. super capey... (its a word)
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Kal wrote:Very cool army, did not realize all the custom work. Super awesome. And i only picked out the tank because it was the largest and clearest in the photos. And i love me a steam tank.

The BSB is really cool. can't help feel that dog is overmatched by the wolves tho Razz

Also really like the cape on the demi wolf thing closest to the tank. super capey... (its a word)

The dog is more vicious than he looks, where do you think the BSB got his sweet headwear from? The BSB didn't kill that wolf Wink

That's the general, the cape originally belonged to Archaon the Everchosen so it better be sufficiently capey.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum