Post  squalie on Tue May 09, 2017 3:27 pm

*starts to eat popcorn, pulls up a chair.*
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nathan's Models

Post  Kal on Tue May 09, 2017 4:31 pm

squalie wrote:*starts to eat popcorn, pulls up a chair.*

Starts to eat chair, pulls up a popcorn.

I'm with ya buddy lets see how this unfolds !
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 pm

I love the hold guardians i have both as a model and as fluff. Just wait until garagecon i have something big badda boom planned.
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:45 pm

So it's been forever since I touched a paintbrush or did anything on the hobby side of Warhammer. †I decided to change that. †Here's my bin of Empire stuff:

" />

I thought it looked a bit pathetic so I figured I'd start basing. †Once I get a good base scheme I find that my projects tend to get moving a little quicker. †Here's my progress thus far:

Enough to base 2 units of Reiters, 2 units of demigryph knights, my general and 2 warrior priests. †That should keep me busy for a bit. †This army is going to be a long process but hopefully I can keep up the motivation to see it through.

Edit: I can't figure out the pictures at the moment. Use your imaginations and know that no matter what you imagine what I've actually done is like 100 times better than that.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 pm

nathanr wrote: I can't figure out the pictures at the moment. †Use your imaginations and know that no matter what you imagine what I've actually done is like 100 times better than that.

Your best work yet!
Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:57 pm

I really like the way you put dew drops on the blades of grass to show an early morning ride to battle
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:04 am

Spent some time this evening assembling these Chinese knock-off sculpts. I got Leopold the Black and I can not believe the amount of detail in this model. It is spectacular. Unfortunately I can't really use him in my Empire army as he doesn't fit the theme but he'll be a joy and a challenge to paint anyway. I'll save him for when I'm stuck in a rut and need a break from rank and file. My knights' horses didn't come in and my teutogen guard wannabes are on a slow boat from Spain so for now I'm going to work on a second unit of demigryph knights and my handgunners. I also have 10 reiters that are assembled and waiting for paint so I'm not lacking for projects.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 am

Figured I'd post an update on the very slow Empire painting project. I didn't take any pictures but there isn't much to see anyway. Right now this is where my army stands:

Painted:
- Both units of Demigryph Knights
- Both units of Handgunners
- Cannon
- Steam Tank
- All but one Character (Knight Commander, BSB, 2 mounted Warrior Priests)
- First test model and a unit filler for the Greatswords
- Bases for pretty much everything in the core list

Based and Primed:
- Both units of Knights
- Greatsword unit
- Last Warrior Priest

Assembled:
- Both units of Reiters
- War Alter
- Flagellants

The war alter and Flagellants are a long-term project that I won't be worrying too much about until everything else is done. I have the models if I care to go in that direction down the road. For now its just the Reiters to work on and then I'll have a playable army even if it is unpainted. This army has been in the works for over a year now and I have yet to field it in a game. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 pm

I have seen your army Nathan and it looks awesome...so even if it sucks that's cool Laughing
Derek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm

It definitely won't suck. I'm pretty sure it'll be in the upper percentile
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:05 am

Update on the progress:

I finished the unit of Imperial Guard and started on my Reiters. †I've got one model completed and the riders for an entire unit done. †So 5 more riders and 9 horses and my Reiters will be complete.

Left to paint:
- 5 Reiters, 9 Reiter Horses - 5 Reiter riders will take me 3 sessions to paint, 9 horses will take me at least 9 sessions.
- 18 Knights - I haven't painted any of my knights but I think I can likely knock out 3 complete knights in 2-3 painting sessions.
- 1 Warrior Priest on foot. - I can paint this guy up in an evening.

That's 31 painting sessions to complete the army and I'm hoping to have a fully-painted army for the March tournament. †Luckily I'm going on holiday for a week starting tomorrow. †I'm going to take my stuff along and see how far I can get.

I'm also starting to think about what I'm going to do for movement trays. †Does anyone have a good, cheap source for magnets and metal plates? †I need 128 magnets and the following movement trays:

160mmx80mm
125x50 (x2)
125x100 (x2)
100X40 (x2)
200x100 (x2)

Last edited by nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 am

Hey Nathan, Awesome progress on your army! I'm right along with you with my TK. Gonna meet on the field for the first time fully painted!

On the note of movement trays i am finding myself needing more as well. I usually use Amazon for the Magnets, usually a good variety but the prices fluctuate occasionally. For the movement trays i wanted to try the guy who posted / supplies them on the 9th age forum. Maybe we could all do a group deal? I have nothing 8 wide haha.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am

What is the height of a base in mm? I want to model up some movement trays to print (I'd then glue the metal plates inside) and I want the lip to be the same height as the base. I'm going to put slots in the back lip that can hold a card for when the unit has been buffed/hexed. I may also try to add some sort of wound counter for any characters that might be in the unit but I haven't decided what form that will take yet.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:38 am

This should be a cool army and I like the idea for hex cards.
squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Here's what I'm thinking. †The slot in the middle of the back is .75mm wide so it should fit 2 cards relatively easily (card thickness is about 0.3mm). I'll probably have to experiment with that a bit to get just the right size slot. †There are 2 recesses for magnets which can be glued in and painted so as to be somewhat invisible. †These allow you to snap on wound counters which are just a pocket for a 12mm D6 which have a matching magnet inset. †Once the character is dead or if he moves to a different unit you just move the wound counter along with him. †The lip around the edges is 2mm thick so it won't affect most measurements and 3.25mm high which Google tells me is the height of a standard GW base. †I might add a bit to that height to compensate for the added height of a metal plate for magnetization. †I've modeled the lip without a chamfer and the corners sharp so it provides a good base for most angle measurements for line of sight.

Unfortunately my printer is not big enough to print most of the movement trays that I need. (max print size is 120mmx120mm).
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Nathan I have the metal sheets for you. They can be cut with scissors and are very easy to use.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks Carson!
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Awesome Awesome design, love the card holder and the dice holder for wounds. So the additional magnet recess is for multi wound dice for multiple characters or multiple wound units that also have a character? or for a Flux Dice i guess eh? The lip going up to the edge of the base is awesome, Honestly i have one base with a lip on the edge thats 5x5 and i dropped a 5x5 piece of metal in and its my favorite base because it fits so flush.
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

The two magnets are so you can put the dice holder on either corner or for multiple characters. If you have 3 characters you're out of luck. Or you could put another magnet in the middle I guess. You could also probably magnetize and attach any tokens you might want for the unit.

I might try to find smaller magnets and adjust the card clip so that they don't need those bulges at the back, they make rear charges more difficult once the unit starts taking casualties.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

I would take 5 more of the smaller bases you made for me if you are printing. 4 ogre size. Also some 3 by 2 ogre size. $$$
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Ok, Iím on holidays in Montana starting tomorrow so I wonít be able to print anything but Iíll do some for you when I get back. Iíll see if I can figure out a good method to print wider than 120mm for the bigger tray you want.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:46 pm

Sure by no means in a rush for them as I should probably take another look at my list
Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 am

I'd be in for buying some too. Im sure if you did a price list we all might want in on this. Obviously at your own leisure
Kal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:23 am

nathanr wrote:Ok, Iím on holidays in Montana starting tomorrow so I wonít be able to print anything but Iíll do some for you when I get back. †Iíll see if I can figure out a good method to print wider than 120mm for the bigger tray you want.

Create cafe ?
Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:47 am

Thatís probably the place to go for that. There is also an upgrade kit for my printer that I could buy that extends the print bed somewhat. Not sure how much it costs, might be cheaper and easier to buy a bigger printer.
nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum