Nathan's Models

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nathan's Models

Post  nathanr on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Oops. My bad. I honestly didn't see that until I took that picture. Hopefully having the siege catapult on the top of that one will reduce the symbolism. Or I could make the catapult shoot some sort of sticky white goo...

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Shocked

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 am

too far? Twisted Evil

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Here's the painted gate. It's not great but it's decent and should work for the game. I had something grander envisioned but I couldn't quite make it a reality.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Everything is painted and ready for the megabattle with just over a week to spare! Now I can get back to the minis I've been neglecting.

Next up I've got half a dozen bretonnian knights that need some paint and I think I'm going to give my dwarf army some attention. I haven't even looked at them since the last time I used them and if I remember correctly they are in pretty rough shape. There will be a lot of gluing, re-attaching magnets and touching up some paint jobs before I get to the unpainted and unbased minis. All that should keep me busy until I get distracted by new and shiny things.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:03 am

Last night I pulled out the paint and brush for the first time since the megabattle.

I primed and green-stuffed the bases on 5 questing knights, I also greenstuffed a base for a damsel on foot that I'll paint up as a reward once I finish up the questing knights and 6 knights of the realm that I have. Once I make some progress on the questing knights I'll post a picture, At the moment they don't look too impressive. Tonight I'm going to glue some sand to the bases and maybe start some painting.

I'm also going to put together some defensive stakes for my archers and make up a trebuchet as well. All that should take me up to the High Elf release in May.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am

Can't wait to see them.

In the Regina league, there may be 3 people playing Brets. That must be some kind of record for a dozen people.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

I'll be painting them up in the traditional unique heraldry and color scheme for each knight as they are for my more traditional bretonnian force (I have 2).

I'm excited for this league because I'll be able to vary my lists between my crusader-themed force and my traditional army. The first few games I play I won't have any trebuchets but I hope to add 1 or 2 before the league is done. This will be a bit of a change for me as the last few leagues I've run the exact same army for pretty much every game including the playoffs. With my Bretonnians I'll be able to switch it up quite a bit more and really change the dynamic of my army from game to game.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:53 am

I got the Questing Knight champion done and the horse for the musician as well. I'll finish up the musician and then snap a couple pics tonight. I'm hoping to get all 5 done by this weekend.

I've never used questing knights before, hopefully they are decent because the models are awesome and have so much character. I'm thinking a unit of 5 may not have the survivability needed with only a 3+ armour save and striking last but I'll give them a shot anyway. I'll got enough other targets on the field that a small unit like them may not attract that much attention.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 am

That is awesome. Can't wait too see pics.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am

Nathan, I think you know deep down that Questing are rubbish. Too few model count for models that hit last with a so-so save.

The models are really nice though. Anyone with balls enough to play the guitar riding into battle gets kudoes from me.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:35 pm

That model is so sweet. He's got scrolls of sheet music spilling out of his pack and a quill for writing more, he also has a violin, trumpet and bell for when the guitar doesn't cut it. He just travels the countryside slaying dragons and chicks left and right with his magnificent moustache!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Lol, that actually makes him sound like the craziest character in warhammer! I seriously laughed out loud.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:53 pm

He is like the Ron Jeremy of Bretonnia...

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Well, he is holding a great sword after all....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Actually, my favorite questing knight is this one:

He's got an entire chest of drawers on the back of his poor horse and he's twirling his moustache and shooting the blue steel gaze at some damsel off to the side. I think he is definitely the Ron Jeremy of Warhammer. I'm going to have to come up with something special for his heraldry.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm

I have no doubt that with your phallic fetish it'll be a doozy.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Here's a few cellphone pics of the finished champion, I may not get much painting done as I'll be shovelling the mountain of snow that has fallen in the past few days. I'll hopefully get some more done in the next few days.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 am

I got some painting in last night after all, and even managed to pull out the light tent to get some decent pictures:

Questing Knight Champion:

Questing Knight Musician:

Bretonnian Lord:

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Totally awesome use of the green knight. Love it!

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Looking good Nathan.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Good stuff, and good pics. I always liked the questing knight mini's. Are they any good in the game now?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get another one or two started tonight. Scott, they aren't great gamewise but I think they are better than they were in 7th edition since they have +2 Strength from their great weapons again. Hopefully if GW ever makes another Bret book they'll make them better.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 am

I finished off 2 more questing knights, I just have the standard bearer left and I've already painted his heraldry so it's just a matter of blocking in the rest of the colors and metals and painting his face and hair. I'll probably be done tomorrow night and then I'll try take some pictures of them.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:09 pm

All the questing knights are done. I'll try to take some pictures of them tonight. My next project is building and painting my regiment of renown for the tournament. I'm going to use the following list:

Questing knight champion - leader
Knight Errant
Knight Errant
Mounted Yeoman
Man at arms
Man at arms
Man at arms

It seems like a good list to me, a lot of the models have decent armour and 4 mounted characters should help me get where I want to be. I could drop the men at arms and yeoman to get another knight but I wanted the group to be a questing knight and his retinue. Knights Errant would probably be drawn to a Questing Knight. Tagging along on a quest for the Grail would seem like a quick path to glory and Knight of the Realm status. The men at arms and yeoman are there to act as squires for the knights, carrying baggage, setting up camp and scouting the roads ahead. I'm going to use knight models that I've already painted so all I need to paint will be the peasants. If I have time I'll make a display board as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top