new projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new projects

Post  Carson on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 pm

A few threads back I mentioned the idea of another army build challenge. I've really been f^&*%&king the dog lately and havn't got much of anything hobby wise done so I thought it would be a good idea to jump on this train.

My plan is to paint up 250pts of figs each month. I won't be limiting myself to a single project/army but will mainly focus on Orcs. Its an army I love and have amassed many tons of figs for but have not gotten around to completing a single force. What I do have painted already will get an update as well.

So here goes. For the first couple of months I'm going to focus on a big block of nightgoblins.

Anyone that wants in on the fun join up and lets push each other to complete our goals.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new projects

Post  nathanr on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm in! I finally settled on a list that I think I like for High Elves so I'm going to start painting that. First I have some odds and ends of wood elves that I want to finish up though. I won't go for a set point level but I will paint something each month. This month I'm going to do a bunch of bases and movement trays and re-paint some treekin. I also have 3 wild riders and a spellweaver but I doubt I'll get to them in November.

One question, do you guys think mounted high elf swordmasters would be ok to represent silver helms? I think I'm going to cut up my old metal swordmasters, mount them on the new chariot horses and call them silverhelms for my hoeth-themed high elves. Thoughts?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm in with Daemons. The legendary battle reminded me that I really only have Khorne painted. I have a lot of Daemonic painting to do...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:15 am

sounds good,

Nathan I've seen that conversion before, it looked pretty good and I don't think there would be any confusion as to what they were.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 am

Cool, do you have a link to pictures of that? Also, anyone have any extra horses? I have 6 and I'm looking for 4 more.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Ive got 4

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm

I would love to have them! What do you want for them? How about some metal white lions? I also have some old-ish orcs and goblins if you are interested in those.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 pm

just take em

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks Carson!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 pm

@ nathanr

I currently run mounted phoenix guard (on the chariot horses) as Dragon Princes I lov'em as do most others who see them was thinking of mounting up some swordmasters similar to your thoughts, if you want I could dig up some pics of my or just have you a game this weekend and show you.

I would be game for the painting challenge as I also have a boat load of high elves to paint up and this seems like a good place to pick up the brush again.

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:24 am

Cool, I'd like to see those. Unfortunately I'll be away this weekend but I will have to get some games in sometime soon. The mega-battle reminded me of what I've been missing by not being in the league!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

I shall try to post some pics for you then

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:12 pm

Sponsored content