For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 am

If we want to have at least one really great magic phase, with no dice cap, we can have every player who has access to cheap Wizards (sub 100 points) to take a Level 1 with the Forbidden Rod.

In a single magic phase, we sacrifice all of our Level 1's and generate 4 or 5 extra dice worth of Power Dice.

Also, in regard to magic, with so many Dwarf and Lizardmen on the table, a level 1 with a Power Scroll on a horse, who can guarantee getting Purple Sun (either by taking a Level 4 or by Bloodline Power, etc.) would be infinitely useful to kill a ton of guys - and incredibly dastardly - and would likely generate a ton more dice.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Now that the map, special scenario rules and objectives are up decide what kind of force you want to bring and what objectives to go after, or to support another army in the aquisition of an objective. Some good ideas have been put forward on forces as a whole. The table will have a lot of terrain and obstacles (we are attacking a ruined fortified city). What objectives do we want to concentrate on, I don't think we can take them all? My opinion is to get behind the gates quick and stick it to the good guys in the back.

The job of general is ceremonial for the most part, basically to be the guy that makes the final answer to any questions that affects the evil army as a whole and a bit of player coordination to keep things moving along. As far as army composition goes bring what you want, if it's an all gnoblar horde, goblin fanatics out the wazoo or 5 beastman chariots then go hard and have fun. When it comes to tactics I couldn't find my butt with both hands and a pack of chaos hounds so take any of my idea's with a grain of salt. May the gods of Chaos bless with us or at least look the other way.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicodemus on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:08 pm

As a Chaos Dwarf at heart I'm extending this to the real world... to my evil allies need anything from the Dawi'Zharr forges for the upcoming battle? I've only got 1 Hellcannon painted, but have two others in various stages of being unpainted. They could be ready to roll on short notice.

As there are no Chaos Dwarfs in this battle there's really no way for anyone to take any other the other CD warmachines, such as Deathrockets or Earthshakers. From the lay of the land I'm not sure how much the Earthshakers would help anyway as they slow movement by half, and it sounds like the goody two shoes will be mostly waiting for the fight to come to them, with maybe a few charges once things draw in close. Earthshakers do have a chance of stopping enemy shooters and warmachines from being able to fire though, which is a great effect if you can get it Wink

What this battle really needs are some CD Doom Engines, like those in the 8th Ed Legendary Battles section of the BRB and shown in the siege of Volganof

~N

Nicodemus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Storm Banner

Post  servantes on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:30 am

I know I am a little late to the party but I want to ask a quick question as I am getting my army worked up into a frenzy for the battle ... should I kit my bsb with the Storm Banner - for those unfamiliar with it - the Storm Banner is initiated at the beginning of any players turn, No flying movement is allowed, missile fire is at -2 to hit, all non magic that don't use BS to hit must roll a 4+ before firing to be able to fire. Effects last unitil one side rolls a 4+ at the beginning of their turn ... just an option for 50 points ... (the rule states that "each player gets to roll at the beginning of their turn to see if the banner effects go away ... so if on our turn we all roll it will be gone for sure - only gives them a turn of trouble - but still it might be worth it for all that shooting)

also I thought of a question - infiltration rule - states unit can enter from any table edge - are we able to use this to get into the castle?

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Question about ethereal movement and the castle walls. Will anything with ethereal movement be able to pass through a castle wall, even if say it would take them underneath a unit manning the walls?

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Nathan.A. wrote:Question about ethereal movement and the castle walls. Will anything with ethereal movement be able to pass through a castle wall, even if say it would take them underneath a unit manning the walls?

Etheral can move thru impassable terrain but cannot end movement in such. Walls will block line of sight so unit cannot charge unit on other side and stopping 1 inch away would be entombed forever in the stones of the castle wall. For simplicity I would say etheral unit cannot pass thru wall if defending unit is above- magic wards and all.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:22 am

Dang, I guess it would be too easy if I could just march 20 black knights behind the wall.

Oh well. And I am a strong supporter of Eirc's original game plan, and will be bringing stuff that fits into it.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:35 am

Well, I think Wade was a supporter of my original plan (I don't know if he continues to be). Anyone else interested in it? We could deploy all the like minded players together because my plan generates cumulative rewards based on its application.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:32 am

I've posted my list, just tell me where to put 'em.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:00 pm

We can't make to many hard and fast tactical descisions until game day. Once "good" puts out thier forces and we can see what we are up against will finalize what we do. A couple of statagies are a good idea.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 am

Here is TEAM EVIL at this time. A couple of stratagies have been put forward. Getting into the castle will give us the game. My thought was to have gutter runners, tomb scorpions come up in the walls. and to take the barbicans to get units coming in from behind.

I'm also working on recruiting a couple of more players to our side.

Wade Chaos
Paul Chaos
Don Chaos
Eric ?
Servantes Skaven
Geoff TK
Nathan A
Nicodemus Chaos Dwarfs
Stash ?
Bob ?

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  servantes on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 am

I am willing to sacrifice the gutter runners for the sake of the cause ... just to let you know they will die like ... er ... rats - so they will not hold long ... I can also bring a unit of night runners as a tunneling team to get in behind as well ... again they are weak as well ... but they might make a nice diversion.

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:24 pm

servantes wrote:I am willing to sacrifice the gutter runners for the sake of the cause ... just to let you know they will die like ... er ... rats - so they will not hold long ... I can also bring a unit of night runners as a tunneling team to get in behind as well ... again they are weak as well ... but they might make a nice diversion.

The tunnelers are what woulg work well. confusion in the rear, take a gate to let the rest of us in for the party

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  servantes on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:25 pm

Well the tunnelers are the only ones able to get into the castle it seems as the runners can't infiltrate it (I assume the ambush rule applies to Infiltrate ability in this game). But tunnelers ... well ... they are not great ...

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  servantes on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:35 pm

hmm - I will bring a unit anyway as they might work out ... or they might not make it at all - lol - that is Skaven for you.

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:54 pm

If we want a lvl 1 wizard running around with death magic and a power scroll, I can take a Vamp with that and movement 9 for like 180 pts, oh and he would know all the spells in lore of death.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:10 pm

I think it is a great way to kill a ton of Dwarves or Lizardmen. A big purple sun at the right time can earn well more than 180 points. If you think you can spare the points, I am sure we can find a use for him. We'd have to all agree together that the death vampire deserves 5 or 6 dice at the right time to inflict maximum damage. Fighting over dice then simply wouldn't do.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:37 pm

I need no dice which is why the TK are the best for this. So he can Have all of mine :-).

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:00 am

Yeah, and if you think about it, give him 6 dice and he could end up giving you back 7.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 am

I personally like the purple sun, killing power and it stays on the table. A couple of those would rally decimate thier units

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Oh and I will also be bringing a necromancer with a forbidden rod.

Necros for me are only 55 pts.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicodemus on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Ironwoulf wrote:Here is TEAM EVIL at this time. A couple of stratagies have been put forward. Getting into the castle will give us the game. My thought was to have gutter runners, tomb scorpions come up in the walls. and to take the barbicans to get units coming in from behind.

I'm also working on recruiting a couple of more players to our side.

Nicodemus Chaos Dwarfs

Sadly, can't make it that day... my wife is booked up and will likely be seeing patients (... you know, helping the babies come out and all...). Best I might hope for is to stop in for a few minutes, likely with my 2 year-old in tow Razz

Nicodemus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  servantes on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm

You can use my dice as well - I will be focusing on fighting units so no casters (even thought my 65 point lvl 1 wizards can cast warp lighting each turn - it won't as effective as the big spells we can get off as a whole) ... I plan on swarming the enemy - but that is what rats do ...

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:45 am

servantes, is there any way you could fit a single level 1 engineer with a Forbidden Rod?

If we could get 2 or 3 extra dice from these suicide batteries for a magic phase, plus some Dark Elf Power of Darkness, we can give the Slanns on the other side a run for their money.

Also, Geoff, are you bringing a Casket? It would be so devastating in this game. Particularly for clearing buildings, and especially when combined with Operation Eric.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  servantes on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I could try and squeeze one in for the Rod - I simply question the use of points - as 1 chance to get 1D6 worth of dice costs 100 points? seems high risk to me (15-engineer / 50 to make LV1 Wiz / 35 for Rod = 100 points) - if some of us simply focus on combat others can use our share of the dice for free ... just saying ... I am good either way as I simply want to help us win as a team. (I will come prepared either way).

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top