For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Post  TheWade on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 pm

That makes me sad Scott. I was really looking forward to seeing you at the table once again.

You sure we can't cajole you into changing your mind? You know it's going to be fun.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 pm

ScottRadom wrote:I'm not going. All that bullshit really fuckin' put me off.

Yeah it really put me off too for a while.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Nah Wade. I'll be around, and hopefully for some beers in the evening of the 30th but not for the event.

Eric, all your posts might have been intended as you asserting yourself and trying to have fun but all I got from it was abrasive insanity. If you have a vision regarding the way an event shoud be run including special rules, the structuring of the teams and so forth why not just run your own event? I bet people would come. For me, I'll sit this one out.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Sorry to here that Scott, I was looking forward to your O&G in action.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:32 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Nah Wade. I'll be around, and hopefully for some beers in the evening of the 30th but not for the event.

Eric, all your posts might have been intended as you asserting yourself and trying to have fun but all I got from it was abrasive insanity. If you have a vision regarding the way an event shoud be run including special rules, the structuring of the teams and so forth why not just run your own event? I bet people would come. For me, I'll sit this one out.

What was abrasive, and where did I say anything in language ANY stronger than "I would like" or "I want?"

Point it out. Go ahead. Find something, anything, where I expressed anything other than simple preference. If people find expressions of taste as abrasive, they need to unbunch their panties and chill the hell out.

People were complaining that team evil never had a solid leader before. Also, it's team fucking evil. So I played up the evil warlord bit a TEEENY TINY amount. But I didn't do that in any of my comments about the rules for the event. There, I simply had a quite low key discussion, mostly with Nathan, where multiple other posters agreed with me.

Someone, anyone, go back over my posts and show me where I said anything stronger than "I would like."

Here, I'll post the PM that I sent to team evil, with portions of my evil plan redacted:
RickyDMMontoya Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 am
Alright Team Evil. The good guys have historically been better organized than the bad guys, but historically, I haven't been in charge of the bad guys.

Pending the outcome of my attempts to get Carson to rethink the magic system for the battle, I will have further comments on the magic issue. As it currently stands now, a maximum of 18 dice spread across the battlefield, is entirely negligible, particularly when combined with a combined, 18 maximum dispel dice.

If we go ahead using the current rules, I suggest we invest very moderately on magic, and instead focus on other aspects of our strengths.

Can everyone give me a list of what armies they intend to bring?

The theme I would like to pursue for the battle will be *****. The Evil armies have a significant advantage when it comes to ****. We **** more of it, we can ******.

I want as many ******* and ******* units as we can muster. I want as many ***** as we can cram into our lists.

Beastmen, take ****.
Warriors, take******* (in a Folding Fortress preferably).
Daemons, ******.
Skaven,******* and ******.

Anything you can take to ******, do so. We can make them ******, and we can make them *******.

So this is my preliminary mustering attempt. I would like feedback on my general strategy, and I will flesh it out once I get feedback and figure out what we can each bring to the table.

Welcome to the winning side.

So where in that PM was I abrasive or insane? Where in any of the threads on this site was I? Show me if you think so strongly. I 100% stand behind every post and PM I made.

Of course those were the posts I made before Carson accidentally sent the PM to me that he meant to send to the group of conspirators who wanted me ousted as the evil leader.

You know, instead of talking to me about it to my fucking face or anything. So yeah, I got pissed to hell and back after that.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Eric please move on from this issue you are not helping.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Eric, you just don't get it. That's fine man. We can agree to disagree. It's nothing I can't get over personally but I just really think that I'd rather sit this one out.

It all boils down to what you want out of a days gaming. I'd rather show up to a mega battle and shoot the breeze and roll some dice. If you really don't feel the tone of your messages was abrasive then just.... wow. It's so much less about the words chosen individually and so much more about the entire content. You don't get to tell people you don't want them to play with their chosen army at an event. It's just not really an option. It doesn't matter if any sort of caustic language is used, the message itself is just not in line with created a day built to be fun. Someone needs to justify bringing a Skaven army? Just asking for things like that is insane.

Eric, I don't recall myself but when you were threatened to be "Choked to death while my hot wife watches" or whatever that dude had said I bet you didn't really use to much in the way of offensive language either. You my friend, have a gift!

I didn't bother replying to anyone's PM about this mega battle or all the posting going back and forth because I really don't want to waste any time arguing over an event I won't attend. I hope everyone proves me wrong and has a grand 'ole time, and I hope to hook up later on for some beers.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Wow, I wish all of this would just go away. It wasn't necessarily what you said or the words you used Eric. The problem with interaction that is not face-to-face is that the reader is forced to add all the emotion and inflection for themselves and for some reason the posts and PM's that you made came across as abrasive. I'm sure you didn't mean for them to sound like that but that is how people interpreted them and that is what the issue is/was. We as a whole have obviously not dealt with this very well and some feelings have been hurt. A public forum is not the best place to do it but I think some PM's need to be sent to clear all this up.

Lets quit acting like a bunch of girls and just solve this already instead of holding grudges!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 pm

You don't get to tell people you don't want them to play with their chosen army at an event. It's just not really an option.

And I never did.

Why shouldn't they have to justify their army choice to the other 8 people on team evil? Under the rules as they were stated, it would have made the game totally unplayable. I was looking out for the team. If someone brought Skaven or Dark Elves and we used the Fragile Alliance rules, it would have significantly impacted on the fun for EVERY individual on team evil.

Like I said before, I 100% stand behind the content and the meaning of my posts. Some people here just have too much sand in their vaginas.

Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Some people here just have too much sand in their vaginas

Talk about abrasive! Razz

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:26 pm

We've gone by the book for everything else, why stop here? Sure it will reduce the impact of taking LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of wizards, but with channelling and casting redundancy, there's already sufficient reason to include a few. Just don't go overboard.

GO BY THE BOOK OR ELSE!

If that's the case then I would really prefer to just follow the rules on a 'per table' basis. I mean we have already limited spells and casting to each table, so why not dice and then just leave it by the rulebook rules? Saves meddling.

USE THAT MANY DICE PER TABLE OR I WILL BRING ANTHRAX TO THE EVENT!

Could we please just do the regular 2d6 power/1d6 dispel on a per table basis? It just makes it so much easier to estimate the effectiveness of everything.

"PLEASE!?" I COMMAND YOU TO USE THE REGULAR AMOUNT OF DICE OR I WILL SKULL RAPE EVERY BABY!

P.S. I don't want anyone on Team Evil to use Dark Elves or Skaven. The Fragile Alliance rules on page 138 make it so that it simply is not worth including them. If anyone is planning on using Dark Elves or Skaven, tell me now and please attempt to justify how you plan to provide benefits that outweigh ruining the Evil alliance for everyone, every single turn.

GOD DAMN IT!? DID I SAY "PLEASE" AGAIN? CLEARLY I MEANT FUCK OFF AND DIE IF YOU PLAN ON USING THOSE ARMIES!

Holy shit! I am abrasive! Twisted Evil

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 am

So what now fellas?

I'm planning on driving the furthest out of this entire group to attend an event with people I mostly really like. I'm going to drive six hours, stay a couple nights in a hotel room, and incur some expense to come out and visit. Why do I do it? Because typically you guys are the most fun, and friendly minded group to play with/against.

This, however, is pretty childish.

Maybe I don't get to hang out with him on as regular basis as you guys, but I'm pretty sure we all know Eric is Eric. The funny thing is, even though I probably know him the least I did not find his posts to be offensive or abrasive at all. The points he made were valid. At the time he made his posts he was reacting to what he thought the situation was going to be and he expressed his opinion. Under the rules of alliances in 8th, it would have been pretty dang difficult to have Dark Elves or Skaven in the army. His words were his words, but the "dick" inflection was all added by yourselves. I didn't get an abrasive feel from any of them. To be honest, I think a lot of people owe Eric an apology. Seriously, say what you want about Eric, but every statement he made was made to everyone, in the light of day. Now on the other hand, Eric, you are pretty much world renowned for taking arguments a little far. And by world renowned I mean it...can you even post on the warhammer forum anymore? I think you need to realize how people take you and back down every now and then. This is Carson's event and therefore we play by his rules.

Seriously though, this has become just plain dumb. I don't want to come to an event where people aren't looking forward to it and some of the people I'm looking forward to seeing and hanging out with while playig this game arent having any fun.

Why don't ya'll grow up a litle, check your egos a little, and embrace what's fun about playing this game. Why can't you guys all just apologize to each other, shake hands, and be men about this?

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 am

Well' sadly I pretty much started this by accidently pm'ing Eric a message that was intended for someone else......freudian slip?

My goal for every event is for everyone to have a great time with our little hobby and to draw the community together. For this event Don was originally voted in as overall general. For whatever reason Eric deemed himself more worthy and challenged Don for the spot. This started the ball rolling as this rubbed alot of the guys the wrong way. I should of stopped it right there but I didn't forsee the future problem.

After Eric captured the generals spot and posted his initial comments I became quite frustrated. Eric has always been a good guy to talk and game with but has a knack for enflaming passion in online forums. Eric you also have a tendency to annoy the organizers of event by constantly picking out issues or suggesting changes.

Its good to point out potential problems but I don't think that any event I have planned have you failed to point out something that you don't like. Seriously, I have a very busy life with long hours of work and family commitments. I try my best to plan events with the limited time I have. I'll keep planning and running events for this hobby I love but I'm doing the best I can with the time I have.

So all this led to my mistake of asking for Erics removal of top general. I felt and still felt he would not be the best "diplomatic" man for the job.

As we have a deadlock on the votes I'll step in and appoint Bob as the evil marshal.

Bob and myself have set up a really cool event. A map with objectives and final rules will be posted shortly in a new thread. Hopefully we've covered most of the potential problems that can arise in a mega battle type event.

Hopefully everyone will attend, put these issues behind them and look forward to a fun day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:24 am

My goal for every event is for everyone to have a great time with our little hobby and to draw the community together.
Same goal.

For this event Don was originally voted in as overall general.
By like 3 people?

For whatever reason Eric deemed himself more worthy and challenged Don for the spot.
The only reason I did this was because he said multiple times that he wasn't sure he wanted to be the general and didn't think he was suited for it. I also thought I had a pretty good idea of what would work as an overall strategy, something that multiple people including yourself and Bob indicated as lacking in all previous large scale events on the evil side.

This started the ball rolling as this rubbed alot of the guys the wrong way. I should of stopped it right there but I didn't forsee the future problem.
No one mentioned anything to me. So I guess here is where the ball started rolling of people being too afraid to say anything to me? For a lot of guys having a problem, the silence was deafening.

After Eric captured the generals spot and posted his initial comments I became quite frustrated.
And again, no one ever mentioned anything to me until the accidental PM intended for god knows who.

Eric has always been a good guy to talk and game with but has a knack for enflaming passion in online forums. Eric you also have a tendency to annoy the organizers of event by constantly picking out issues or suggesting changes.
I suggest changes because I want to make the event better. Everything I suggest, I think will make the event more fun for everyone. But everything I say is just that, a suggestion. When my suggestions are not followed, when have I ever done anything beyond politely posting on the forum? When have I ever brought it up at the event? When have I ever made an issue of it? When have I ever not respected your position as organizer of any event?

Its good to point out potential problems but I don't think that any event I have planned have you failed to point out something that you don't like. Seriously, I have a very busy life with long hours of work and family commitments. I try my best to plan events with the limited time I have. I'll keep planning and running events for this hobby I love but I'm doing the best I can with the time I have.
Then why not accept help? If you're too busy to do the work then why not accept input from someone willing to provide it?

So all this led to my mistake of asking for Erics removal of top general. I felt and still felt he would not be the best "diplomatic" man for the job.
Asking everyone/anyone except myself by accident.

As we have a deadlock on the votes I'll step in and appoint Bob as the evil marshal.
Fine.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:34 am

Just stop. Can you imagine how this thread would look to newcomers to the hobby? Real welcoming I bet, please finish this in PM's and lets leave the forum for arguing about rules, posting pictures of our painting and setting up games.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 am

Hey Nathan, this is a discussion forum and that's all that they're doing.

Open discussion is good for everyone as long as we all picture the person typing with a smile of their face. I find that does a world of good.

So, as the unoffical self appointed mediator of this discussion let me summarize.

I nominated Don as general. Nobody voted for him but me. Don waffled a bit so Eric said I'll fight you for it. Eric won and sent out some strong sounding PMs. Meanwhile, Eric posted his views in another topic with Dom I think about magic. Then there was the quick discussion about magic/units being a crutch. Which was funny by the way. Someone got irked at Eric. Eric got mad. Eric left the evil team. The vote changed to between me and Geoff. Eric came back. Revote took place. Got deadlocked. Scott left team evil. Stayed deadlocked.

So Carson came on...thanks Carson for that...and explained his position. Seemed, to me, to be a pretty calm recollection of his side of the story. Eric then replied...here's where you need to assume the guy is smiling...and told his side of the issue. You'll note it was in Eric's signature style, so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now we see the whole issue. Discussion forums are for discussing. That's what we're doing. PMs just muddle things up. It's all in the open now and that's great. If Bob is now general then that's great with me. I just want someone to tell me and Paul what units to bring. Well, that and I want everyone to realize this was a big misunderstanding on all fronts, smile, and get back to having fun and being pals.

Your friendliest Albertan,

Wade

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Sure, you are right that open discussion is probably best, but maybe not in the Tactics section in a thread meant for team evil to plan their strategy for an upcoming mega-battle which is being planned as a "showcase of the game". For newcomers to the game who are curious about this mega-battle it just gives the wrong impression. It turned Scott off of the event and he is about as thick-skinned as they come. I'm just saying that this might not be the best place for it and honestly, I can't see a reason why this has to go on at all, both sides have been stated quite extensively and all that is required now is closure.

For my part I appologise to you Eric for antagonizing you on the magic issue, I didn't necessarily disagree with your point of view but I did supply the counter-point to a lot of your arguments and when things did get a bit less than friendly I attempted a few inappropriate jokes that could have been interpreted in ways that I had not intended (sand in the vagina being abrasive comes to mind).

Carson and Bob, I've maybe voiced my opinion where it wasn't invited or even wanted and I've probably stepped on a few toes in the process. Sorry about that. I definitely respect the effort you two are putting in to plan this mega-battle and I'm really looking forward to the 30th.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 pm

For my part I appologise to you Eric for antagonizing you on the magic issue, I didn't necessarily disagree with your point of view but I did supply the counter-point to a lot of your arguments and when things did get a bit less than friendly I attempted a few inappropriate jokes that could have been interpreted in ways that I had not intended (sand in the vagina being abrasive comes to mind).

Nathan, I have never felt antagonized by your posts whatsoever, in recent or past history. I thought we were having a frank and fruitful discussion until you indicated that you felt like we were arguing in circles. I have never had an issue with your disagreement with my opinions or how you express them.

Similarly, I never thought our exchange became less than friendly. I appreciated your sand in the vagina comment.

That said, I was, in turns, surprised, hurt, and angry when I realized people were taking issue with the content of my posts, and instead of telling me about it, had complained to Carson, who then organized secret meetings to depose me.

I continue to respect Carson as the event organizer and organizer of this league. I realize the effort he devotes to ensuring everyone has a fun time. I've known him a long time and think he's a hell of a player and a hobbiest. So I was really hurt when I got that PM.

If people had a problem with my posts or PM's they should have said something. No one ever said anything to me. The only feedback I received indicated excitement and optimism. I never ordered anyone to do anything. I explicitly asked for input from the players.

If team evil wanted me out as general, then bring it to the forums. If Carson, as event organizer, thought it wouldn't work out, or that I was stepping on toes, then he should have told me. I would have been amenable to either stepping down if there was vociferous protest, or certainly tempering my approach.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GobbladasSquig on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:29 pm

nathanr wrote:Just stop. Can you imagine how this thread would look to newcomers to the hobby? Real welcoming I bet, please finish this in PM's and lets leave the forum for arguing about rules, posting pictures of our painting and setting up games.
Oh please don't, this is so much more entertaining than anything on Finnish tv. Wink A warhammer community version of Metallica's Some Kind of a Monster, priceless!

Seriously speaking, I sincerely hope you will be able to talk this through and vent all the frustration. I hope you all have great fun in what looks to be a spectacular event. Megabattles are one of the most challenging events to organize, mainly due to high expectations from everybody, the difficulty in adapting the core rules of the game to new situations and (usually) the lack of earlier experience of similar games. But I can tell you that they are also highly rewarding and always a blast to actually play.

And I demand pics! Laughing

GobbladasSquig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Dragon's den is out of sreaming skull catapults does anyone have a painted one I can borrow, or even better an unpaited one for sale.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:45 am

I have a painted catapult you can borrow.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Now that the rules are posted, I think we need lots of flaming attacks to clear buildings.

A couple turns of flaming shooting would be quite useful. A big block of Skeleton Archers firing twice a turn could put some hurt on them, and Skeleton Archers don't suffer from the Hard Cover penalty.

Other than that, since everything in buildings is Stubborn, and lots will depend on getting enemies out of buildings, the strategy that I outlined in the PM I sent to team Evil will be very valuable for getting the enemy units to actually flee. I plan on following the recommendations I outlined in my PM in my own army, and although Rob is the general, I think it's still something we should pursue as a team.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 pm

So it looks like we all need our own Battle Standard Bearers...

...and it's kind of every man for himself where Master's Points are concerned...

So, I imagine we all want to make 1500 point stand alone armies? With generals and standard bearers of our own?

I might not be so keen to bring a lvl 4 Soreceror anymore...advice from the general?

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah it is part of the masters event so it is every man for himself....with regards to masters points.

You don't have to bring a bsb....just saying. One thing to keep in mind for spellcasting is that there is no maximum of powerdice so roll 3d6 then add for items and spells......dark and death magic come to mind.

Eric has a good point on flaming attacks.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:39 am

What objectives do we want to concentrate on? To take the gates with the seige tower we will need some units to act as "O" line blockers clearing a path in front, if it gets bogged down in combat it ain't moving.
Taking Silverwood heights gives us a bit more artillery that can be lobbed into the castle,
taking the collapsed walls might be our best chance of gaining victory

Flaming attacks are a good idea
tunneling units to cause chaos behind the lines
I am working on getting another tomb king player, negotiations may get heavy handed

Table is not going to be that cavalry friendly this time round

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top