For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Post  GeoffKlassen on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 pm

So we might as well have a private are for us to discuss our armies. I am wanting to take Ogres but I am having a problem finding scrap launchers. What is every one else playing?

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: For the side of Evil only! Good dudes can suck it!! (Mega Battle Info)

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:09 pm

I was thinking DE - 20 crossbows, spearmen, blackguard. keep in mind the goodie two shoes will be hiding behind walls and such

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Which is why I want as many catapults as we can muster :-).

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

So...help me out here...but with the loss of Eric who exactly is in charge?

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

I can also do a beastman army, run a small herd or 2 in ambush behind thier lines, and 5 chariots to deal with any flank attacks

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm

I believe it is a popularity contest between you and me Wade. Eric is out Carson and Rob are organizing, Don stepped down, so let the votes fly :-). Anyone else in for this truly admirable job?

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:31 pm

my vote is for Geoff as he took initiative

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm good with either as I don't really know you guys all too well.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Unless anyone opposes, I will retake the title of Evil General now that I am done whinging.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:42 pm

As I posted on the Legendary battles thread all evil alliance members need to vote to square this issue away.

I'll throw my vote in for Geoff.

As to what I intend to bring. First we need to pool our resources for the required units, After that, If I can I'll bring chaos or darkelves with a heavy emphasis on shooting.

Nathan, any thoughts on some really tough vampire builds for us. Remember guys its a legendary battle so cheese is the word of the day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:02 pm

I vote for Eric please.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 pm

I think if we are limiting the dice to max 18 we should probably limit the number of mages on the battlefield so that the people that really need magic like undead or skaven. I think maybe 4-5 mages max would be about right. My next question is who's army can bring catapults, the enemy will be packed together. Do we have and earthshaker cannons?

Carson what size are the tables and what is the distance between deployment zones that is something we need to know so we can figure out the speed of our units.

Should I take tomb kings with screaming skull catapults? Or ogres for scrap launchers?

P.S. I don't mind being the evil general. I have been playing evil armies for 18 years Twisted Evil

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:22 pm

not a defector but I have a <s> craplauncher that I could bring for you guys.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 pm

I've got a Hellcannon I plan on bringing.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 am

I will put my vote in for Geoff as well.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Whether I am the General or not, I would still like to see people do their best to avoid taking Skaven or Dark Elves.

Have you guys read what happens to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE ALLIANCE every turn if we have even one of those armies on our team?

Page 138:
each player in a fragile alliance must roll a D6 at the start of his turn - on a roll of 1 - 3, all of that player's alliances immediately become one step worse for the rest of the game (unless they're already desperate allies.

So if we have even 1 Dark Elf or Skaven player amongst us, each turn, every one of us rolls a dice and on a 1 to 3, we treat everyone else on our team 1 level lower.

So we start out as Trusted Allies: Can use Inspiring Presence; can be joined by allied characters; cause Panic in allies; are treated as friendly units for spells, abilities and so on.

Fail 1 roll and instantly become Suspicious Allies: cannot use the allied General's Inspiring Presence Special rule; cannot use allied battle standards; characters cannot join units of Suspicious Allies.

Fail another and become Desperate Allies: Cannot use an allied General's Inspiring Presence special rule; Cannot use an allied battle standard's Hold your Ground! special rule; cannot be joined by allied characters; have to take Dangerous Terrain tests when fleeing through allies; are not counted as 'friendly' units from the point of view of targeting spells; do not cause panic tests in allies.

Furthermore
If the alliance contains one or more desperate allies, the power and dispel dice generated by the Winds of Magic must be split as equally as possible between the various allied armies.
Which would render magic totally useless once it is spread out amongst all the players.

It is a pretty high chance that half the alliance will be treating each other as Desperate Allies by the beginning of turn 1 with this many players! I have an example below:

Code:
Player    Roll
1        2
2        4
3        2
4        6
5        5
6        4
7        1
8        5

Player 1 ends up treating players 3, and 7 as Desperate, and players 2, 4, 5, 6 and 8 as Suspicious.
Players 2, 4, 5 6 & 8 end up treating players 1, 3, and 7 as Suspicious, and each other as Trusted.
Player 3 treats players 1 and 7 as Desperate and players 2, 4, 5, 6 and 8 as Suspicious.
Player 7 treats players 1 and 3 as Desperate and players 2, 4, 5, 6 and 8 as Suspicious.

That's in turn 1.

By turn 2, 3/4 of the Alliance is Desperate, and by turn 3 it's almost a guarantee that the entire alliance is Desperate.

This means that if we include Skaven or Dark Elves, you will have to account for splitting up all the dispel or power dice we have EVENLY amongst the players every magic phase, won't be able to target your allies with your spells or abilities that target friendly troops, won't be able to use other players' Generals or BSBs and will treat your allies' own units as dangerous terrain when fleeing.

I won't tell anyone not to take these armies, but do you really want to wreck the alliance like that for everyone by doing so?

I have a painted Ogre army if anyone who was planning on taking Dark Elves or Skaven needs one.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:35 pm

I completely agree with Eric. I was reading the alliance rules too and it would completely suck to have to suffer for having our alliance go to the dogs like that. Now, I completely understand if someone absolutely HAS to bring their favorite army, this is a game after all and we'll make do if we have to, but wow that would suck. As much as magic might be a crutch, it would very quickly become one that got broken over our heads. I can't imagine being able to stop any spells with one dispel dice each.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:42 pm

That is all true.........unless you forget the fact that a legendary battle is story driven and dosn't entirely follow all the rules from the book, example terrain, alliance rules magic etc.

I guess we should of forseen this issue come up but we missed it. Just bring what you want and let the story of the battle take care of the rest. There will be quite a few surprises for everyone once the day starts.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:53 pm

And that's why we love you Carson.

Looking forward to it.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:37 am

It is a little unfair to say we "forgot" something, when the alliance rules were specifically asked about, and the response given was:

Carson wrote:Ok, Nathan has summed it up. I'm trying to run this as much as possible right out of the rulebook.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:15 am

We'll Nathan asked what side the Vampires would be on, not what the effects of an alliance were. I'm just trying to keep things simple and easy,

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 am

I think I will bring my DARK ELVES. Either that or talk my friend Ron into loaning me his night goblins - nothig like a bunch of fanatics crashing into everything

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:01 pm

So my plan is to take Tomb kings for 3 reasons.

1. 2 Screaming Skull Catapults these speak for themselves panic test at -1 ld a no brainer there.
2. 2 Tomb Scorpions, these will tunnel into the ruins and cause havoc in there.
3. They do not need dice to cast spells., so that means 18 dice among 6 players :-)

Also thinking of taking a large unit of chariots aswell. Not sure on this one though, what are others thoughts on chariot units?

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:50 pm

GeoffKlassen wrote:So my plan is to take Tomb kings for 3 reasons.

1. 2 Screaming Skull Catapults these speak for themselves panic test at -1 ld a no brainer there.
2. 2 Tomb Scorpions, these will tunnel into the ruins and cause havoc in there.
3. They do not need dice to cast spells., so that means 18 dice among 6 players :-)

Also thinking of taking a large unit of chariots aswell. Not sure on this one though, what are others thoughts on chariot units?

I like your reasoning. Chariots might be iffy in this scenario as there will be lots of riuns and obstacles for the weak to hide behind

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Good ideas there, Keep in mind that the good side will have a relieving force deployed at the start so two seperate forces are needed. I can use either darkelves or chaos in either force depending on whats called for.

I've got a cool Supreme Sorceress on a dragon that I've been dying to try out with lots of shooting support or can field a huge unit of chaos warriors with Chaos lord.

We can probably pool our army resources between us to maximise the potential of each of our armies. Between Geoff, myself and Bob we can field pretty much any Dark elven force............lots of boltthrowers and Crossbowmen or rock hard hydra forces or whatever. Bob, Don, Wade, Paul and myself also have Chaos forces.

Thoughts?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top