Games Workshop return policy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Games Workshop return policy.

Post  squalie on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 am

I traded some items to a fellow and received a NIB Lord of change. When I opened it, it had 2 right wings. How would I go about getting a left wing, so that he doesn't fly in circles?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by squalie on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Games Workshop return policy.

Post  GeoffKlassen on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Contact their customer support line it in is not the first time I had it happen, the number is 1-800-394-4263.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks Geoff. Does it matter that I didn't buy it directly from them?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I wouldn't tell them that. They might distance themselves from it. Just say it was a gift from years ago you're just getting around to paint. Tell them you bought it from REaders bookshop in Saskatoon!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

They will just send you a new one. Not parts.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:55 pm

They're pretty good about it. I once bought a TK Chariot that had a lord with a great weapon that was only available in the kit with a chariot. When I opened the box it came mispacked with a lord model from the blister I didn't want. They sent me a new boxed set AND a blister. For some reason.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Well, I talked to "Madison" (a dude) in Tennessee, and they will not send a LoC. I did have the batch code # on the box, which was good, but he said that if he sent me a new model that it would come out of his stock and he couldn't do that. I said I actually didn't need a whole model, I just wanted a left wing. He said that he couldn't send me just one wing, but would have to send me a set and while looking at his computer, said I could have a choice of Gryphon, Dark Pegasus, Blood thirster or Great Eagle wings. Suspect I said I would even send back the LoC to get a new one and he said "Oh no, I wouldn't expect you to do that", and I replied "Really? Cuz it sounds like you do." Mad

After a long pause, he mentioned that there was something listed as Tzeentch wings and that he would send them out, but this was after him checking to see if there was a GW within a million miles of where I lived. He knew who I was, so he obviously punched my phone number into his computer and my account came up. We then started talking about a few weeks ago I tried to get an advance order on the Horrors and Changling. We tried on 3 diiferent occassions for a "Jon" to get my paypal payment to go through and it couldn't seem to happen....so I bought them elsewhere. Neutral

I really didn't expect a brand new model. What I did expect was a wing and customer service and I haven't got that lately.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Wow. If I gave a fuck about GW anymore or if Kieran was still around there you'd have gotten some back up. That's unreal. "Can't take it out of my stock"? Really? 'Cause this one came out of your stock, and you could put it back in stock instead. That would even up the numbers.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:55 pm

A man like Kieran would have solved all. Of that i'm sure. no bullshit there just good stuff.

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 am

Have I met this...Kieran? If not, why has he forsaken us?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:49 am

If you had met him you would remember. He's moved on to Edmonton now but still makes it down this way once in a while. Just an all around good friend. He used to work for GW and realy took care of the stupid crap like your wings as a matter of principal. You would have simply left feeling sastified.

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 am

It's too bad he's gone, sounds like we could use more lads like him.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Noidomoro on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 am

Hey squalie... Here is GW's store return policy... if you bring me the box in the store and I can see a piece is missing.. I will get you a replacement.. no questions asked. Easy peasy.... Now.... It's been a long time since a worked there last but.... going the store route is always the best... I would simply tell the sales clerk I got it as a gift and set it aside in my basement for a while never bothering too look at it... Now that 8th edition is out your interested in building a demon army.... That should do it...

That or give it too wade to do and have him ups it back too you... lol

Paul

Noidomoro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 am

Oh ya', I forgot to tell you guys about this. I finally get the "tzeentch" wings he said he would send, and sure enough - they were the right ones. But here's the thing; the box he sent them in was as big as a coffee pot...I kid you not. Inside the box was a white blister packet with 2 wings and some pop bottle size airbags (seriously, long thin airbags) for shipping. On the box was $19.62 for shipping.

What the f***. They spent $20 to send wings for something that EASILY could have been sent in a bubble envelope. $20 to send a blister.

I would kill to manage GW.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:12 pm

squalie wrote:Thanks Geoff. Does it matter that I didn't buy it directly from them?

Saskatchewan Consumer Protection Act says it does not matter. Warranty agreements are always transferable, but count time from the original purchase.

As for him being reluctant to remedy the situation: Not getting what is advertised (i.e. a complete Lord of Change) is a breach of contract.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Sorry I'm a couple of months late to this party, but I haven't read through the forums thouroughly lately. I am the Kieran you speak of. If this kind of thing happens to any of you in the future, here's some advice to follow.

1- Check with Dragon's Den first to see if they can replace the part or model for you. When I represented Darren, GW would credit him for the value of the model that came from his stock to replace the faulty model. Dragon's Den would simply report it to us and set it aside the faulty one for recovery at a later date. Check with Darren or Al first to see if this is still true. It may, or may not, matter to them if the model was bought from them. Please don't INSIST that they do this for you. Procedures may have changed greatly since my time.

2- At any GW store, they will find you the appropriate part/ model right on the spot if it is current stock. If an employee can see that it is faulty, there should be no concerns. If it is not current stock, since the stores have Direct order points now, they should be able to help you resolve it with the Memphis factory while in the shop (depending on hours of operation).

3- If the first 2 options aren't available to you, then call Direct sales as you did.

I'm glad to hear that you did get the parts you needed, even if the agent you spoke with was mildly incompetent. Sounds like he just didn't have a good understanding of which model you had, or was trying to give you options of different wings since he had to take them from stock anyway. The bottom line is... they replaced it in good time. This is what a good company should do.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top