Summer/Fall league reporting thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer/Fall league reporting thread

Post  Ironwoulf on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:02 pm

my dead pile was pretty impressive. What bar has dollar nite? And do the women there have all thier teeth?

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Dom and myself threw down tonight in our league playoff match. The Empire won! sadly for me its was Doms Empire though. Kind of a strange game as neither side could really accomplish much with misfires, much wiffage, and bad rolls throughout. Dom won with a nice flank charge on my generals unit with a greatsword unit.

Congrats Dom, and thanks for making the drive out. Looks like its an all brother final this league!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 am

What with my bad leg it should be fairly even if Dom and I just meet out in the park for some fist-a-cuffs!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Malarik Goldseekers final demise.......

So me and Andre had our game today the ogres lined up in a tight formation towards the centre of the table with some leadbealchers off to the side, I had 40 swordsmen with 2 crossbow detachment's held up in my folding fortress to one side with 2 units of fast cav then great swords and great weapon knights in the centre and my steam tank and war alter to the other flank. Turn one the lead bealchers and fast cav units faced off in a shoot off... the ogres almost killed one unit before being gunned down, a unit of iron guts ran down one of the units of fast cav which left them out of reach of the rest of my troops, on the other side my war alter and steam tank both charged a unit of bulls which did not fare well for the ogres, my knights were in combat against some bulls in the centre with great swords lined up to flank charge but the ogres broke before then leaving my knights in a key position, Andres tyrant, bsb, slaugermaster and another fighting bruiser in a unit of bulls were engaged to the front with the steam tank and war alter with knight's ready to charge the rear, and great swords ready to charge the flank, the unit however broke and got ran down by the warrior priest no longer on his alter. Leaving only the lone unit of ironguts to the flank getting shot up by some fast cav. This was all by the bottom of turn four so we called it there as i had only lost about 160 pts worth and his army was gutted, stuffed and hung on my generals mantle as a trophy for league champ. (can i gloat or what!) Very Happy

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:27 am

Can I ask what each of your lists looked like?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 am

sure thing, i don't plan on using this list in a game any time soon.

General of the empire with the folding fortress, full plate, pistol, handgun.
Arch lector, war alter, great weapon, Armour of meteoric iron (1+ amour save)
captain of the empire, BSB, standard of discipline, full plate, handgun, pistol
warrior priest, additional hand weapon, heavy Armour
warrior priest, warhorse, brading, great weapon, crown of command, heavy armor
battle wizard, level 2, lore of fire, rod of power (lest me store unused dice from either parts of the magic phase)

40 swordsmen, full command, razor standard, 2 ten man detachments of crossbows
20 great swords, full comand
8 pistoilers, musician, champion with repeater pistols
8 outriders, musician
mortar
steam tank
12 knights, full command, great weapons, steel standard (get to add D3 to my charge)

the list has basically 3 "untouchables" with the tank and walter not being the worse of the 3. the 40 swordsmen, bsb, general, warrior priest on foot, and the wizard all go in to the building, which gives me a unit that wont budge (units in a building are always steadfast and i have LD 10 with bsb ) and has hatred every round of combat thanks to the warrior priest, not to mention i never send any of my characters in to fight only endless 6 pt rank and file models.

Andres list had
tyrant, tenderiser, some magic protection for sure but i did not attack him to find out
slaughter master, hafling cookbook, wyrdstone necklace
bruiser, heavy Armour, bsb, probably some thing did not find out
bruiser, heavy armour, initiative 10 sword 5 + ward item
bruiser, heavy armour, sword of striking

4 leadbealchers
then i think 3 units of 6-8 bulls with full command, light Armour and iron fists
8(?) ironguts, full command

i think that is what his list looked like there may have been some other items and what not in there though.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:58 am

Tyrant Malarik Goldseeker-Armor of destiny and tenderiser

Bruiser Shafnik Silvertongue-bsb- Fencers blades, Heavy armor,talisman of protection

Bruiser Taft Roundgut-Gold sigilsword, Armor of Fortune

Bruiser Shamus-Crown of Command, Sword of Striking

Slaughtermaster Groftik Meathook-Halfling cookbook,wyrdstone necklace,Rockeye

5 bulls light armor,ironfists,musician,standard
5 bulls light armor,ironfists,musician,standard
8 bulls light armor,ironfists,musician,standard
6 ironguts musician,standard,cannibal totem

4 leadbelchers

I dont think it would have mattered but I was pretty cheesed to fing out that 8th edition was taken out of the playoffs. no special scenario just pitched battle and no terrain other than mysterious forest. If we play by 8th edition layout all league it should be no different in the playoffs. Eric and I played a dawn attack with lots of terrain (we had a building with hatred, a dwarf brewhouse-immune to psychology and stubborn beside an altar of Khaine -1 to leadership, some forests and hills and fences). Thoughts?

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Mhael wrote:
I dont think it would have mattered but I was pretty cheesed to fing out that 8th edition was taken out of the playoffs. no special scenario just pitched battle and no terrain other than mysterious forest. If we play by 8th edition layout all league it should be no different in the playoffs. Eric and I played a dawn attack with lots of terrain (we had a building with hatred, a dwarf brewhouse-immune to psychology and stubborn beside an altar of Khaine -1 to leadership, some forests and hills and fences). Thoughts?

Set the playoff scenarios when finalists are announced

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top