Summer/Fall league reporting thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer/Fall league reporting thread

Post  Carson on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Ok I need contact info for servantes to place him in the ladder.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Malarik vs VC

Post  Mhael on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Malarik did not fare so well today against Nathans VC at the end of turn five there was a unit of leadbelchers looking at a charge from some skelly horses and a vargulf with plenty of supporting units around if the ogres didnt die. Malariks unit of ironguts with slaugtermaster Groftik Meathooks were run down early in the game after failing a combat res test and then top of five my ogre horde finally broke and were chased down as well. Slavegiant Cletus was killed first turn and will likely not be fielded again this edition (giants simply are no good anymore).

Well played game Nathan! I am not sure if he was fully painted but this was our first time playing this league and a ladder match so 10 - 4 for Nathan and top spot goes to him.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:24 pm

Like Andre said, me and him played today, the warhammer gods favoured me.

I Also played Dom this morning, early game looked like Dom would route me, by the end however we were dead even.
Draw, I dont believe either of us were fully painted.

5-5 I believe.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 am

Dom and I faced off Saturday afternoon with me placing only four units (one bull horde with bsb Shafnik Silvertongue and Butcher Shazlat Stewpot, one unit of leadbelchers, two units of ironguts one with Tyrant Malarik Goldseeker and Slaughtermaster Groftik Meathooks). Dom came out with three units of crossbows one unit of swordmasters with bsb, general and a detachment of handgunners, two units of pistoliers, one big unit of knights with a warrior priest and two smaller units of knights, a large unit of halberdiers backed by another block unit of ? , a unit of outriders, and a wizard .

We played meeting engagment with Dom deploying first and having his wizard a unit of knights and a unit of pistoliers in reserve while I had none. Doms wizard miscast and died first turn and we traded shots until combat. Doms shooting proved deadly almost killing two units of ironguts before combat but my leadbelchers returned the favor by taking both units of pistoliers. After some manuvering my horde fought it out with Doms generals unit taking it off the board before succumbing to a flank and two frontal charges which had them running and overran ( I needs to make them stubborn). my remaining unit of ironguts and Tyrant took care of his halberdiers and a fleeing unit of crossbows.

In the end I had an edge of about two hundred points. This was our second league game with neither fully painted so a 6-4 becomes 5-3 for me.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 am

I wish I had a brother, that I liked, that played Warhammer.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Maybe if you are really good Santa will bring you one for Christmas. You should ask your parents! lol

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 pm

i had a fun game with servantes (joel) tonight. saw lots of self destructive skaven running about. his storm banner was onn right up untill turn six where i finnaly got to do some shooting to chase some rat ogers away. magic this game was at points really huge. turn one i got of flumiting flame cage and in his following movment he moved the slave unit, and it destroyed its self. then in turn six he got off plauge on a huge combat, i lost 13/30 halberds and 11/14 knights in one foul swoop, OUCH! the game eneded in a victory for me. good game joel!

also i had a fully painted arrmy out there for this one Very Happy

Dom 7
joel 4

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:14 am

Joel and his skaven army managed to win a victory over Malarik on Friday in a dawn attack battle. Neither were fully painted and this is our second game so Joel 5 Andre 3

It wasn't looking good for either side when both my scraplauncher(first turn) and Joels weapon crews decided blowing up was strategic. Also his level four wizard had an issue harnessing the powerof warpstone and eventually got braingobbled and struck down by some gnoblar shrapnel. His abomonations ran amok destroying everything they touched and the only thing that really helped was when his line decided to panic and flee after a unit was sent running away, also in a challenge Malarik was able to overrun after defeating a unit of rat ogres.

This was a good battle with both sides testing out different army builds (I had no horde this time) but the early dawn dice decided the outcome.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

My game against Zack was a draw.

Early on, things looked good for Zack, as I gave up a charge on my Tyrant and Ironguts to Zack's Carnosaur Oldblood. I was counting on the Beastkiller Big Name to even things out for me, but I was harshly reminded that the damn thing isn't a Large Target.

This, combined with failing 10 out of 12 Leadership tests I was forced to make, and totally forgetting about Fear tests looked certain to seal an early victory for Zack.

Luckily, things weren't much rosier on the other side of the table. Tetto'eko tried to use his magic ability thing, and on a roll of snake-eyes, ended up giving ME irresistable force on any roll of doubles. I think the only spell he managed to cast was a Comet which landed on his Carnosaur right after he finished off my Iron Guts. Shortly after that, he was braingobbled off of the table, never to be seen again.

All in all, a great game with massive casualties on both sides.

4-4 (I think Zack was almost fully painted, but not quite, and I had my new Hunter/Sabretusks)

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Brent and myself had a great game yesterday. Magic and the elves combat prowess really chewed my force up good. I got lucky in turn 3 when his dragon wiffed and got run down by my knight block. Game was deadlocked until bottom of 6 when his spearmen with Caradryan broke giving me a victory.

Luck was really with me at key times.....breaking the dragon mage and my my halberdiers (stubborn from ranks) holding out and then finally breaking Brents spearmen block.

Fun game Carson 8 (fully painted, ladder battle), Brent 4 (ladder battle)

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Brent beat me up and down on Saturday night. The Watchtower scenario with a big block of Phoenix Guard in the game isn't easy at the best of times, but losing my Tyrant and Slaughtermaster on turn 2 to a break test at -2 with a re-roll made it impossible even after my Leadbelchers charged and caught his Archmage on Dragon.

Good bloody game, but Ogres can't unseat a big block of elves with a 4+ ward save without their heavy hitters and magic.

Also, this marks my second game where my Hunter did absolutely nothing at all. I had hoped they would be a little more useful in 8th edition, but they still seem to be a 200 point steaming pile of shit.

This was our second game, so 5-2 for Brent.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Dom and I played a game, his empire with a war alter, steam tank, 20 or so inner circle knights and some big units of infantry and crossbowmen vs my wood elves. It was a good fight and we played to a draw. I signed up for the league today so it will count for league points. It wasn't a ladder match, neither of us was fully painted and it was our first match this league. My favorite part of the game was when my highborn killing blowed his dude on the war alter in a challenge. Unfortunately it took 4 or 5 more rounds of combat to finish off the alter so my general and treekin were stuck in place while my general tried to kill the T5, 5W alter with a 4+ ward save.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 pm

I played 2 games this weekend.
First was against Eric and his ogres. It wasn't good for the Undead.
Turn one was looking good for the Vamps as I managed to irresistable a purple sun, killing Erics slaughter master, and taking 4 more ogres with it, however after that it was all down hill for me.
Eric managed to beat down str 10 ghouls whilst only losing, I believe it was 2 ogres, and giving a wound to each character in the unit.
Then my Black knights managed to get around his line and hit his general's unit with a rear charge, only to whiff and do one wound, and then take it on the chin suffering 5 in return, lost that combat by 4 and crumbled the next round.
Next turn my general bunker unit got charged by Eric General, I had the regen banner on my bsb but it was no use, Erics attacks were flaming.
He preceded to smash my unit and we called it bottom of 4 I believe, crushing victory for Eric. 8-2

Second game was against Brent and was much better. By turn 2 we were in combat with almost all of our units, with the exception of his mage on dragon, dragon princes, and my varghulf, Black knight block and zombies. After two turns of combat my Lord Bunker unit managed to kill off his bsb, and win a combat against the phoenix guard which turned tail and fled. his chariot however held and I could not pursue. My ghouls slowly got killed off by spearmen and my grave guard were tying combats against his Sea guard. His lord on dragon charged my lords bunker unit but got tied down in a challenge against my skele unit champ, and dragon and rider chose to flee, however the chariot stayed and saved yet another unit. Next I took my black knights in on a charge to the rear of the sea guard, to help the grave guard, which after a succesful magic phase were almost back up to full strength, they broke the sea guard and chased em down. My Bunker unit finally killed the chariot, but then was promptly charged in the flank by caradryan and the spearmen. my lord then, with two wounds on him and no one else to attack had to go after Caradryan, and after hiting all four attacks and wounding three, caradryan failed his ward and was slain, thereby doing 5 wounds to my general, and killing him as well. Phoenix guard then charged my black knights flank, and slowly killed them, I charged his dragon princes with grave guard and killed them. Varghulf charged his dragon and won the first round, but then lost the second and crumbled.

Game ended as a win for Brent, he had me by about 200 points, awesome game, thanks Brent. 6-3 I believe

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 pm

I had a game with Andre this weekend, my second time bashing heads with ogres and they didn't dissapoint. After the first combat the battle was looking grim for the lizards as my horde of 30 saurus got cut down by tyrant Malarik and his bodyguard of Ironguts.
The winds shifted though when my carnosaur and ancient stegadon chaged a horde of ogre bulls and managed to break t
hem when the BSB declined a challenge and had to hide in the back of the unit. Unfortunately my skink read the heavens and saw a repeat of my last game with ogres were my carnosaur chases the ogres only to find himself at ground 0 of a comet crash, so he spent the next 3 turns skirting the potential impact site.

My ancient stegadon proved to be about as tough and mean as its name suggests and lasted a few round of combat against 2 blocks of ogres beating away at it. The comet landed with a respectable 8 markers on it, but the ogres had eaten their troll guts and saved half the wounds.

My skirmishers managed to pull down a single irongut between the 30 attack a nearby altar of khaine gave them, but Malarik soon had a skink stew. On the other side of the battle field my temple guard repelled another unit of ironguts, but my headstrong BSB got cut down when he chased the rallying ogres.

The battle ended with my carnosaur lord facing down the remainder of the ogre horde while my temple guard stoicly ground Malariks bodygaurd down, despite the rallying ironguts in their rear. When the dust settled my carnosaur was feasting on a mound of ogres, and the tyrants slaughtermaster friend was run down by an angry salamander. Malarik survived the battle with only a single wound, along with an entire unit of ogre bulls who went virually unscathed. A bloody and tough victory for me. I'm not sure how to do the scoring this is my first report. Andre was fully painted and it was our first game.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Actually I was not painted just respectably represented. This was our first game and ended in a victory for Zach 7 5

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:02 pm

I had three games on Saturday. The first against Eric in a rematch of ogres vs ogres for spot number two. Eric won taking the spot in a ladder victory but the second time we played this league so it remains 6 - 4.

Then Dom and I played and he got a crushing victory but the third time we played 7 - 3 to 4 - 2 (2 being min?)

Also to cap things off Darren and Dom sided together in an all empire against my ogres and Dons beastman which settled to a draw giving everyone 2 points.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:26 pm

I had 3 games on Saturday.

First against Carson, I think ended in a draw -- he'll correct me if I'm wrong. He was painted and I was not.
5-4 for him although I don't follow the ladder, etc.

Second was against Brent . I played his High Elves and I got died. Laughing He was painted and I was not, so 9-2 for him. Same thing for ladder, etc.

Third game I was robbed a win over Andre as his brother came to his rescue and asked for a 2 on 2. Wink Just kidding guys, it was a fun game. not sure how the points actually breaks down for that, but I wasn't painted and we had a draw.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 pm

After my game against Andre, I had a crushing defeat at the hands of Dom, where I surrendered at the top of turn 3.

My Hunter ruined my entire right flank by overrunning 3 inches, putting him an inch in front of a dozen knights.

My Tyrant stupidly accepted a challenge against a model guaranteed to carry the Speculum - when I knew I had to decline. So I ended up bogging down most of my army against an Unbreakable model that could be healed 5 times a turn, fighting it with 2 attacks from my Tyrant.

Magic was pointless on my side due to the +5 dispel dice that an Archlector and 3 Priests generate.

My Slaughtermaster's unit ended up in a piece of terrain that forced Initiative tests (Ogres have I2) and the failure of which made the unit lose D6 models.

So, since I had, at that point killed only a handful of rank and file models out of Dom's 200+ and only had a handful of my own left on the table (with half of those staring down the dozen Knights), I figured it was time to throw in the towel.

So Dom whupped me properly - the fastest defeat I have ever suffered to be sure.

Hopefully we can get in a rematch, and hopefully I don't embarrass myself as badly if we do!

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Me and Dom played a game on friday, it was a victory for me, I'm pretty sure this was our second game and niether of us were fully painted.

It was a good game that was pretty much a stalemate until the last turn. Our generals were stuck in combat with each from the top of 2 until the bottom of 6 with 1+ armor saves being the theme of the day: it was his Arch Lector (?) being down by toughness and weapon skill, and my old blood with 8 attacks, but evening out the playing field with a ward save and a couple heals to himself. My chameleon skinks ran some interference with his war machines and even drove off a group of pistoliers before going down to an hellblaster. The battle was ultimately decided by the multiple standoffs the occured midfield, with my Ancient stegadon crashing into a regiment of halberdiers and taking the charge of their brother regiment in return. Then my saurus stoicly, but surely got ground down by a group of knights and their stubborn captain while outriders shot my temple gaurd dead before they even threatened anything.

With the outrides sitting outside the combats waiting for my old blood to get out of combat, he wisely decided to let the arch lector live until the bottom of turn 6. around the same time the halberdiers began to break under from my now riderless and frenzied ancient stegadon and salamander and my last handful of saurus opted to instead of killing anything, to simply pass their leadership test and not get run into the dirt.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Nathan and I had our ladder confusion (re)match today. And I defended(took?) The number one spot.

I lost 18 ogres on the FIRST turn of the game to a power scroll purple sun on a scouting Vampire Lord.

At the end of the game, I had a Slaughtermaster, a Bruiser Battle Standard and a Bruiser with one wound left each. In return I had killed one of Nathan's two Vampire Lords, and nothing else.

Victory for me.

It was our second game and a ladder challenge, so 6 points for me and 4 points for Nathan.

WATCHTOWER.

By the way, I am making a formal request for people to please stop using power scrolls and purple sun against me. Losing 2/3 of my army with no possible preventative action just isn't any fun whatsoever.

I know it's a legit option, and I know it's a great strategy, but I really don't see the point in playing that game.
This game, all I did was hide the few remaining survivors in the watchtower and hope he didn't kill me before the game ended. The "hope phase" was the only one I participated in. I literally had no models to move 2 out of the 5 turns because everything I had left after the remnants were cleared up was in the tower trying not to die.

Nothing against Nathan, but I'd rather not spend my afternoon in that fashion again, even though I did manage to win.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 am

power scroll purple sun on a scouting Vampire Lord.

I read that sentence and actually winced.

The big spells are bad enough, but Power scroll is the real culprit.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friday nite game

Post  Ironwoulf on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:10 am

(This game has nothing to do with the league.) Zack"s lizards completely anihilated my Chaos warriors Friday nite in a very entertaining 3000pt game. It was dawn attack, Zack's army spread out, all my units in the center, at this point I should have conceded the win and started another game. My magic sucked, the bitch with the fire magic lost all herspells on the first roll, and not much got out after that. The trolls were out of command so failed stupidity off the start although they eventually killed a carnosaur. Big block of warriors failed a charge leaving the Shaggoth to take on the temple guard and Slann, he ran and kept on running taking 3 turns to leave the table (wat to go hero), The big block of warriors eventuall yget in combat and last several turn before running and getting cut down, as did the small block of warriors (run down by block of skinks and kroxigors)and the big block of marauders (run down by stegidon) and unit of horseman who after taking 40 shots from chameleon skinks get scared off by regular skinks at long range, they run off the table too. The high point in the game was Scyla the spawn who killed double his points including a skink cheif on a pteradon, the only one in my army to die like a man finally brought down by poison darts after killing his way across the table.

Good game Zack. I will try harder next time

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:39 am

Well, since you used all your bad luck on this game Bob, I pity the person that plays you next. Chaos always comes back with a vengeance.

I always thought Scyla was a good deal and was surprised no one was using it until now.

Strong win for Zach.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Ouch! I pitty Chaos Bob and his hordes. Good job Zach.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:08 am

I always enjoy a game with Bob, next time I hope I catch his chaos in full swing and we both have dead piles that look like a bar on dollar draft night.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top