Post  Carson on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

post em here guys!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer/Fall league reporting thread

Post  Kuyp on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I had 2 games on Friday, me and Andre played a game and i managed to push back the ogres
dom 6
andre 3

then bob, stash and i had a game. we did a "last stand scenario" where i got 18' right up the center to deploy and they got the opposite sides of me. 2500 pts of empire vrs 5000pts of chaos. i managed to last till turn six when all my forces were finally killed off. that gave us a draw.

Dom 4
Bob 4
Stash 4

Last edited by Kuyp on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am

Joe and I played last night, and casualties were horrendous. I was taking off in excess of 20 models per turn.

The game ended as a draw in my favour, and it was a ladder battle.

So 5 for me, 5 for Joe.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 am

Joe and I played last night, and casualties were horrendous. I was taking off in excess of 20 models per turn.

I really like 8th edition. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Well we all know now that the Brets do have the finest women and to disagree is folly. I had the favor of the lady of the lake and she was dissatified with the tone of the empire.
Jeremy- Lader Wild card
Carson- 5 (loss, fully painted ,lader chalange)
What a hard fought battle with the demons. with out the healing power of life and little more luck on my side it would have been tipped the other way. by barely a 100 point difference.
Jeremy- 7 (win,fully painted)
Don- 3 (loss)

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:11 pm

I got 2 games in on Saturday. the first was against Nathan A and his counts, i must say i was up against some pretty nasty skeletons with WS10 I10 an extra attack and always striking first! they took quite a while to chew trough but i managed to push them back and almost completely wipe them out.
Dom 8
Nathan 2

the next game was against bob and we played "the watch tower". the game should have gone a bit different ( a shaogoth in not a character ). however the game ended on turn five with me in control of the tower.
Dom 6
Bob 3

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Yes, the Empire suffered two terrible losses yesterday. I must fall back and regroup. The game with Jeremy was a bit frustrating as I did everything right but the dice totally disagreed with a couple of critical charge and overun rolls....next time I'll let my men have thier way wih the Fay Enchantress when I'm done with the Bret tin-heads.

Bob beat me soundly with a good plan and game play. Lesson learned......even 31 attacks from halberdiers don't scare Chaos warriors.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:39 am

Oh ya', I forgot about this thread.

My first game against Bob and his Chaos Warriors showed him who is true Chaos! Daemons!! At the Pub after the battle, the Daemons were joking around, which is rare for Daemons, and pulling little bits of Warrior and Maruader flesh from their blades and thinking...that's it?! Bob's dice loved him when it came to single dice rolls and didn't otherwise. My 36 strong, Bloodletter unit was MVP all day...and I want to make it bigger. Bob actually fought well, but the Chaos Gods were on my side. Neither was fully painted so 8 - 2 for me.
Jeremy and his Brett's: First off, I'll say that this was an absolutely awesome battle -- no matter what Rockin J says. Very Happy My big Block of 'letters took charges from the best that the Brett's had to offer and we FOUGHT solid for the whole game. Truly epic stuff; tense and shows just how cool 8th really is. No joke, you really had to be there to see this huge fight grind down in the middle of the table. I will also give credit to the lone mounted Brett rider that fought a Keeper of Secrets for more than one round. That little bugger has earned the right to have his head mounted on a trophy. Courageous little bastard. I don't know their names, but the retarded version of Brett Knights? You know, the lesser ones? Well they stood up a unit of Flesh hounds and a combined flank charge from a unit of Slaanesh fiends ...........and didn't die the whole game!!!!! I have never witnessed such resiliance and the stupid buggers earned their beer at the end of the day.

The Bretonnians smacked the Daemons on the nose, but they remember stuff like that. Oh, they remember.....

Just like Sandpeople, they'll be back -- and in greater numbers. He was painted and I was not. 7 - 3 for Jeremy.
*edit* Oh ya', Carson mentions the "Fey Enchantress" and I have to agree. Kill that dame!! She is certainly effective and can drive a guy nuts. She's a sneaky little broad.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockn J on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:49 pm

well the Empire was shooting off their mouth again and it got washed out with soap again. I just want to be friends but this realy is a two way street. Reminds me of the american trying to invade Canada. Just stop it you fools. No special characters as it offends some. Razz
Jeremy- 7 (win,painted)
Dom- 3 (loss)

Rockn J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:57 am

See, there you go. You can win without special characters! Isn't it like a weight off your chest? Very Happy Wink

*edit* I've been thinking about this special character thing and really think I should bring my mind into the 21st century as I come from a time, where they were strictly prohibited unless agreed upon. I've decided that the only thing I really don't like is being surprised with them. I think a courtesy is to let opponents know that you could possibly be bringing a gun to a knife fight.

That is currently my official stance, but is subject to change depending on the amount of alcohol consumed. Be advised.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Me and Zach had a game, it was the fourth game seciario, and he broke after his general died in the bottom of turn 4 due to some really keen eyed pistoliers. win for me
Dom 6
Zach 3

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Brent and I had a ladder match resulting in a crushing win for the wood elves. It would have been closer if my guys weren't so good at at running away. Brent failed to catch me in 4 different opportunities, while I caught him every time.

9 Joe
3 Brent

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah the game really comes down to capitalizing on opportunities now. Failing to catch broken units is huge.

Bob and myself had our rematch last night......awesome game with my warrior priest staring down a chaos lord for 4 combat rounds chaos marauders beating empire knights in combat for 5 rounds etc etc. , looked like I was winning until we counted up points.

Bob 6
Carson4

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:39 am

I had a crushing victory against Brent this afternoon.

At the cost of 25 skinks (of my ~150), I dismantled his entire High Elf army.

It was a ladder battle, so I get 9, and he gets 3.

I also take his ladder spot.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Malarik marches conclusion

Post  Mhael on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 am

Malarik Goldseeker and his hungry tribe of ogres proved to be meaner and tougher than Eric's tribe tonight, in a match that was a real bash 'em up affair.

Two similar lists with a notable difference of Erics tyrant, bsb and another bruiser while I had a horde of 16 bulls with a butcher and bsb. He also had a unit of leadbelchers and I had some yhettees but otherwise a battle line of core troops and characters.

The game ended turn 5 with Eric conceding after his character unit destroyed my yhetees behind soft cover for a minus 2 to hit but chased them off the table and got back in time to see my horde chase down his slaughtermaster. on one side I had a unit of ironguts and Malarik that chased down his unit of ironguts after a devastating conflict subsequent rally and flee reaction.

I had on the other side of the table a unit of bulls that failed an early charge and did little else than take a bath in a boiling river. Also early in the game my horde chased down a unit of Erics bulls with butcher and just got out of charge sight of character unit resulting in his charge on the Yhetees.

Too bad Eric your dice didn't work as well as mine tonight you have always proved to be a tough opponent but regardless of the outcome this was a battle I have been waiting to see happen for a long time. Thanks!

Game ended with Eric conceding to me turn 5 this was the first time we played this league though it was not a ladder challenge and neither was fully painted.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:41 pm

It was a ladder challenge.

The ladder just hasn't been updated with my 2 wins over Don (wildcard challenge) and Carson last weekend.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Well my points got updated, but not my ladder position.

I should be above Don, which would have made my game against Andre a ladder game, as noted above.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 am

Dom and I had a game on Friday night. This was a non league game as Dom was trying out his TK army. It looked bad for Malarik after his main horde unit with slaughtermaster Meathooks and Bsb Shafnik Silvertongue were held back as reserves and Doms army was fully deployed.

|The first couple of turns saw my ogres losing models to extra tk shooting and some leadbelchers went down to some chariots. When my ogre tribes finally got into their respective combats though the tide turned. I lost Malarik and outmagiked my butcher to death with a unit of ironguts dying to Doms spearman horde, I did manage to decimate 2 units of ten archers with two seperate irongut units. After chewing on bowman bones the ogres overran into the horde and a unit of tomb guard.

The tomb guard got a supporting rear flank from the chariots but in the end Bruiser Groftik held out but his ironguts succumbed. Doms tomb guard were reduced to dust with a chariot left in the rear of Groftik.

my unit of bulls were half reduced by shooting and Doms scorpion and flank charge horde took the rest. This set up a horde vs horde situation and my bulls utterly destroyed Doms unit and two characters while I lost Shafnik.

Bob had come to the den about turn 4 and bet a quarter that Dom would win alas My ogre tribe had the edge by 31 points when the dust settled. Good game Dom should be a pair of points each. Bob my wife thanks you for the gummi bears I bought with that quarter!!!

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:47 am

Brent and had a game on Saturday. right off the start Brent was worried when be fore he even got to move he lost his arch mage on a dragon, some wounds on the dragon, and a unit of dragon princes (?). as his other troops were of the table as reserves. the second turn it still wasn't much better as he lost more troops to magic and shooting, however once combat started things started going his way, i had 3 block units that were going to be stubborn because of more ranks and what not, but i failed break tests all three times. after that i manged to shoot up his troops a bunch more but could not kill them off to gain points back. game ended with a win for Brent.

Dom 4
Brent 6

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Could someone please update my ladder position for beating Don?

It was my wildcard challenge.

It says so right here in this post made before the game:
http://raveninghordes.forumakers.com/plan-and-report-f6/next-weekend-t800.htm#7200

Pretty please?

Before the ladder gets screwed up and it becomes impossible?

It's been like 3 weeks, and my position just won't get moved.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 pm

ok, got it.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:55 pm

Well Stash and I had our ladder challenge tonight and Tyrant Malarik Goldseeker proved his might by taking spot one in a show of strength( at least his troops did as he died)
Neither of us were fully painted and it was the first time we played this league.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am

what was the points breakdown?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:26 am

it was a major victoryfor me Stash had about 500pts left on the table and took under 1000 from me so 9 for me 3 for stash I believe as we get an extra point each for first league game against each other as well. this was a ladder match also so plus one each.

Last edited by Mhael on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Malarik Goldseeker Defended his tribe against servantes ratmen today in a watchtower battle. Turn one put a unit of leadbelchers in the tower that didnt expire until the top of turn four. on my turn four my slaughtermaster Groftik Meathooks braingobbled those rat ogres right out and the game ended with a roll of 6. As we had to leave anyway and with noone inside the building we determined from victory points a lead of less than 100 for servantes so a draw.

other notables were his rat abomination chasing a unit of ironguts away, my magic braingobbling a horde of slaves into exploding, his cannon blew up turn two, my horde decimated another slave rat horde and Malariks unit of ironguts took down another giant rat abomination also I took giant Cletus out who was put down by a unit of rat ogres.

Neither was fully painted and servantes joined the league today making this our first league face-off. 6 - 6

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top