Kieran's army(armies) Challenge Blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kieran's army(armies) Challenge Blog

Post  Galadros on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Since being 'volunteered' for this challenge business by the ever persuasive Mr. Radom, I have considered a few ways to approach this thing. Firstly, I thought it may be high time to begin that Skaven army that will use teeming rat swarms as the bases and move trays for the entire force. That was quickly quelled once I did the math on how many rat swarms I'd really need (30 blisters).

Secondly, my ambitions turned to the bretonnians. I could paint them each as knights from thier own seperate holdings, bearing their own individual heraldry and family shield. Upon thinking through the intricacies of heraldry, and the research necessary to pull it off, I don't think I could do justice to even 10 knights a month.

So, here is how I'm going to approach things. My game room has several cabinets full of unpainted models, most of which are still in their packages. My painted army collection also encompasses several differnt races of the warhammer world, but none of them do I consider complete. Which leads me to rummaging around amongst the unopened boxes seeking out the things that would make my current armies more complete. In digging around last night, these are some of the models I intend to paint throughout this challenge. There may be more beyond this list, but I'm not that far thinking yet.

Ogre Hunter, Screaming Skull Catapult, Orc warboss on Wyvern, Doom Diver, 20 Flagellants, 20 free company, 40 Goblin spearmen, 20 Goblin archers, 5 Tzeentch screamers, Empire Cannon, Orc Chariot, 8 Glade Riders, 15 Eternal guard, 12 Dryads.

In fairness to those of you who are planning a cohesive army and follwing army restrictiions and such, I plan to compensate by holding myself to a standard of 250 points/ month. This is just as easily achievable as I've got several character and warmachine models on my to do list. This should keep me busy for several months and by then I will have found other things to fill the remaining months.

Good luck to all, and I look forward to enjoying a tasy beverage bought by others!

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kieran's army(armies) Challenge Blog

Post  Galadros on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:41 pm

August will be the month of Da Boss. Orc Warboss that is. I spent time with the files, glue, and putty today assembling the rotten wyvern. I can quickly tell that this may be a 3 day process with lots of 'don't touch it til it sets' time in between. I'm not attempting any conversions on this guy, mainly because I agree with the sculptor that the boss should have the biggest axe. The shield may get replaced with a flat one that i can hand paint. There will be some putty necessary in several places on the wyvern, so I may embellish him with more scales.

Hope to start painting on the weekend because I'm on holiday for a week in august.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:40 pm

After a couple of weeks of nothing (painting-wise) I am back from the glorious houseboat holiday and ready to get back into it. I figure the wyvern will take another 4 hours to complete from the stage I'm at now. Then the warboss will be started. I'll still make it by the end of the month.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:39 pm

I feel a lot of shame today. I had every intention of getting this done and keeping up with the group, yet have failed. The holiday tripping and Labour day weekend moving that i was subjected to conspired to keep me away from the painting table. I'm not usually one for making excuses (and I'm not making one now). I accept the full shame of my failure and recognize that my lack of anticipation was my downfall.

September will be different. It begins tonight!

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Did you have to move ro were you moving someone else?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadros on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Moved the roommate out. Moved the new roommate in. Moved a friend out of his house. Loaded up another friend in Red Deer on sunday. Went to Calgary to load up another friend. Helped another buddy load to travel to San Diego. Unloaded the Red Deer bundle in Calgary on Monday. The end.

Galadros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Galadros wrote:Moved the roommate out. Moved the new roommate in. Moved a friend out of his house. Loaded up another friend in Red Deer on sunday. Went to Calgary to load up another friend. Helped another buddy load to travel to San Diego. Unloaded the Red Deer bundle in Calgary on Monday. The end.

AGH! Too confusing! Who can keep up with your "shell game" street-con antics. Back to painting you!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top