Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Hm, I must have completely glazed over that sentence. And for the record, there's no way I'm a good choice for general.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:46 pm

who will be bringing what for the "FRRE" units, i know i could muster up most of the empire stuff but having it all painted is a completely different story.

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:56 pm

I can bring the lizards, I do have 40 painted Saurus(with spears) and a Carnosaur Lord. I also hadn't planned on including either in my 1500pts.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 am

Hey Carson, how are we dealing with magic items? Can multiple armies in the alliance have dispel scrolls and the like or are we treating each side as a whole army for those purposes? The same question for race-specific items and rune items as well since it looks like we'll have 2 empire, wood elf and dwarf armies.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 am

Each person brings their own army made using the usual rules.

This, to me, means each army can have whatever they want in it, subject to the usual restrictions

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:33 pm

RickyDMMontoya wrote:Each person brings their own army made using the usual rules.

This, to me, means each army can have whatever they want in it, subject to the usual restrictions

Does that mean BSB as well? or is there only one per side?

Also, is the magic phase still only 2D6 dice for a battle of this size?

edit: Would wood elves get a free forest?

Last edited by JoeMisfeldt on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 pm

I have scanned the pages but either missed it or did not notice it but has a date been set for this yet?
What is the limits for each side (players), If there is still room on the ever growing good side you can put me down for it, with the High Elves

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:05 pm

To answer your question Brent

Carson wrote:Ok, so Oct.30 is confirmed....be at the den for opening which is 10:30.

Right now we have 7 players per side which are.....

Good Alliance

Nathan R.
Andre
Dom
Zack
Jeremy
Joe
Darren

Evil Alliance

Paul
Wade
Nathan A
Don
Bob
Geoff
Carson

There is still room for players to sign up but I'd like to limit the players to 10 per side.

What I want to have happen now is for the players in each alliance to vote for alliance overall general. Each overall general or "marshal" will be tasked with doleing out or keeping the set units presented by Bob and myself, overall co-ordination of tactics and strategy, etc. ect. Bob and myself are not elegible for the vote as we will have to keep it organizes and running smoothly and for rules disputes and such.

Each player will bring a 1500pts army following all the rulebook guidelines. The preset units are to be pooled from our clubs resources of models. Example.....I can provide Empire models for the good alliance.

Also.....as we are show casing the game as well as playing for fun and masters points lets try to bring as many painted figs to this as possible.

As to the board set-up, further rules, victory conditions etc.......you'll find out when you get to the den!!!!.......but just keep in mind when your picking your forces.....get together, discuss what you need......The Evil Alliance will be attacking a ruined fortress defended by the Good Alliance. ******4 of the Good Alliance players will have to enter the game turn 1 as a relieving force, leaving 3 to defend the ruins.....and you'll WANT to defend the ruins.

Sounds Unclear....perfect. Fog of war baby!!!!

So once each marshal is picked, we'll set up a seperate thread for each side to discuss army lists and tactics.

Vote away...........here

Carson

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Joe - I would imagine we will be using the alliance rules from the book? In there each army can have a bsb and if it is a trusted alliance then units of the same race can use each other's Battle Standard. Unless we pick up some Ogre mercenaries I think we qualify for a trusted alliance so if either you or Paul bring a BSB I think you can both use it.

Of course Carson and Bob will have the final say.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Ok, Nathan has summed it up. I'm trying to run this as much as possible right out of the rulebook.

I'll put Brent down for the good alliance, Eric for the evil side, and yes Paul will be on the good side according to Wade.

So for players we have

Good Alliance

Nathan R.
Andre
Dom
Zack
Jeremy
Joe
Darren
Paul
Brent

Evil alliance

Wade
Nathan A
Don
Bob
Geoff
Carson
Eric

Unless someone else signs in we need someone from the good alliance to switch up to even things out. We'll wait for a bit and see what shakes out.

For the good alliance I can supply.........1.Chancellor Gothberg on griffon, 2. the 20 handgunners, engineer, 2 cannons, 1 mortar, and 1 helblaster of the 3rd artillery regiment, 3. 19 of the 25 knights for the crusading knightly regiment.

For the evil side I can supply 1. the soulcrushers ( Bob has the seige tower ready to roll), 2. Lord lucifix, 3. 6 of the reapers knights

Looks like Don is general for the evil side?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Put me down for team Evil. Likely OnG but MAYBE a chaos force. this thread is long, 1500 points?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I have all the Khorne Daemons. You boys must be able to pool together 50 Warriors and 15 Knights? **edit** Actually, I'll try to have 50 painted Warriors by then.

I don't know if me being general is a good idea. I'll get waaaaay to into it and somebody might catch a dice in the eye!

No retreat, no surrender...accept all challenges. I'd sure hate to be a good guy on Oct 30, as we DO NOT take prisoners!!!

Carson, there's no way to get one of the owners to open earlier -- maybe even 10am? Just askin'.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Things are heaten up, Scott is coming out of retirment for EVIL purposes!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:14 pm

I vote Don as well, he's the only one with a KB dance.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 pm

I vote Don as well, he's the only one with a KB dance.

Hey listen, I've already apologised to Bob about that. But I will bring it back out for the event! Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I think its great, it sort of looked like a retard doing the chicken dance Very Happy .

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:55 am

Uuuuh, because it was a retard doing the chicken dance. geek

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Legendary magic

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:02 am

Carson and I discussed at length how the magic dice will work. here it is

each table is independent thus casting and disspelling affects 1 table, you cannot affect another table. your wizard, runelord, hot Dark Elf sorcoress, etc can only affect the table they are on

magic template areas will stop at the table edge unless the unit targeted is on the line between 2 tables

roll 3D6 for dice for each table, disspell will be the highest 2 of the 3. Channel as normal.

Magic items are as per normal army build

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 am

[quote="squalie"]I have all the Khorne Daemons. You boys must be able to pool together 50 Warriors and 15 Knights? **edit** Actually, I'll try to have 50 painted Warriors by then.

I don't know if me being general is a good idea. I'll get waaaaay to into it and somebody might catch a dice in the eye!

No retreat, no surrender...accept all challenges. I'd sure hate to be a good guy on Oct 30, as we DO NOT take prisoners!!!

I think you will be a great evil general. Traditionally there is only 1 way to be replaced and it involves a fight to the death. If your team mates don't like your leadership during the game they will just take you out then and there, gotta play in character

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeMisfeldt on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Ironwoulf wrote:Carson and I discussed at length how the magic dice will work. here it is

each table is independent thus casting and disspelling affects 1 table, you cannot affect another table. your wizard, runelord, hot Dark Elf sorcoress, etc can only affect the table they are on

magic template areas will stop at the table edge unless the unit targeted is on the line between 2 tables

roll 3D6 for dice for each table, disspell will be the highest 2 of the 3. Channel as normal.

Do you know how many tables there are going to be?

JoeMisfeldt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Ironwoulf wrote:Carson and I discussed at length how the magic dice will work. here it is

Will the dice still be capped at 12?

I actually don't see any reason to vary what's in the book. Leave it at 2d6 for power, best of the two for dispel, channelling as normal and a cap of 12.

We've gone by the book for everything else, why stop here? Sure it will reduce the impact of taking LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of wizards, but with channelling and casting redundancy, there's already sufficient reason to include a few. Just don't go overboard.

I think you will be a great evil general. Traditionally there is only 1 way to be replaced and it involves a fight to the death. If your team mates don't like your leadership during the game they will just take you out then and there, gotta play in character
I am willing to challenge Don by right of combat for the generalship of the Evil army. Care to put that on the line for our game Saturday morning Don?

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:59 pm

I am willing to challenge Don by right of combat for the generalship of the Evil army. Care to put that on the line for our game Saturday morning Don?

Sure. Never refuse a challenge, remember? More importantly though -- If you win, will they follow you? Cool

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:35 pm

with multiple people per side on each table a few more dice gives a better chance of most person being able to take part in the magic phase

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:39 pm

squalie wrote:

Sure. Never refuse a challenge, remember? More importantly though -- If you win, will they follow you? Cool

Good point. After all you are evil and why should this mega battle be any different from the past ones

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Good point. After all you are evil and why should this mega battle be any different from the past ones
Question

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top