Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Post  GeoffKlassen on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Magic is a crutch people stop using it and spend it on units. You can give up a 200-300 point mage for a kick ass unit. A unit will cause way more damage and absorb alot more hits than one 2-3 wound mage, so please always think about that when picking your lists.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Units are a crutch people stop using them and spend it on magic. You can give up a 200-300 point unit for a kick ass mage. A Wizard will cause way more damage and deny more points than one 20-30 model unit, so please always think about that when picking your lists.

(Honestly take what you want [or what I tell you to take if you're on team Evil] but I hate the "crutch" attitude - the game has 4 phases, use them all.)

P.S. I don't want anyone on Team Evil to use Dark Elves or Skaven. The Fragile Alliance rules on page 138 make it so that it simply is not worth including them. If anyone is planning on using Dark Elves or Skaven, tell me now and please attempt to justify how you plan to provide benefits that outweigh ruining the Evil alliance for everyone, every single turn.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Carson:
"Ok seriously, how can we get Eric out as team evil captain. For fuck sakes he pissed me off today with his posts."

So I'm out.

Find someone else then.

For the record, I never bossed anyone around. I made suggestions. I made suggestions to the organizers and I made suggestions to team Evil. I posted things like:
I don't want anyone on Team Evil to use Dark Elves or Skaven.
And I don't think that 18 dice will be enough to even get off a single big spell per table.
I would like a normal magic phase.
Could we please just do the regular 2d6 power/1d6 dispel on a per table basis?

Wow. Some strong language there. Hide the kids. I almost expressed a strong preference!

I never told anyone what to bring, and I never told the organizers what to do. Some people here need some better reading comprehension.

Oh yeah, and this was a total joke:
or what I tell you to take if you're on team Evil
Shame on you if you couldn't figure that out.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Woah, what just happened?! Aside from the single coolest picture I've seen in a long time (Go Mr. Cash!!), something is completely off board here.

Rereading through this (and where did you get that Carson quote?) I have this to say: Anyone who's the general of team good or evil should be respected -- after all they are your general. Anyone organising this event should be respected -- after all these are the people actually doing the work and their decision is law, like it or not. If you want a different event with different rules, then hold your own event.

There seems to be a touch of mutiny going on and it's unnecessary. Let's just play the game as it's provided and have as much fun as possible. If anyone has an idea that may help this event run better, I'm of the opinion that you should pm one of the organizers, then they can absorb it and decide if they want to use it. If they do, they can then let the general gaming community know if there are any rule changes for the event. Seems drastic, but apparently there are ruffled feathers and this will not do.

Offering an opinion is encouraged, but expecting it to be implemented is silly. Let's all just fight nice and go back to duking it out with our little toy soldiers.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 pm

I appologize if anything that I posted was out of line as well. I'm getting more and more excited for this mega-battle so it is tough to reign in the enthusiasm.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duke Kristian on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:30 pm

This is awesome the Evil Team is fighting, the Good Team is quiet and Johnny Cash gives us all the Bird from his grave:)

Totally in character...I think the Evil team will kick ass....been a long time since I was in a mega battle with anyone except an ex-wife:)

When is this going down...would love to play if not at least watch:)

Duke Kristian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:48 pm

While provided team evil does not end up shiving each other, with or with out goading from team good, it is to go down on the 30th of Oct.

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicodemus on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 pm

I'm just disappointed there are no Chaos Dwarfs joining the battle. Nothing like a lick of the cat' to keep everyone in line Wink

Nicodemus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:02 am

The quote is a pm that was sent to me. Based on the content,I believe it was intended for everyone but me.

When I replied to it, Carson said that he had received complaints about me.

I don't care that people don't want me to be the general. I don't care if someone disagrees about how many magic dice there should be.

I bloody well do care when people have a problem with me and instead of telling me, they go behind my back to complain to someone else, or engage in an active whisper campaign to oust me.

Don't want me in charge? Fine. But have the spine to tell me yourself. Think I am bossy when I try and organize? Think I am telling you what toy soldiers to bring? Grow up, grow a pair and tell me straight up.

I don't know who all whined to Carson, but I was really disappointed to get that PM tonight. I had thought we in the league were all some kind of friends. Or at the very least, good enough acquaintances that there is no need to secretly campaign against me.

Anyways, you guys got what you want. I am out.

I will find something else to do that day.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:06 am

Ha! You should show up with ogres for team good! Twisted Evil That way its like you're playing for both sides!

Seriously though, I hope you reconsider and come on the 30th.

Edit: I just re-read the rules for alliances and for some reason I thought that ogres did the same thing as skaven and dark elves but I was wrong. That means those first two sentences make very little sense. Embarassed

You would still be welcome on team good though.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:47 pm

This is awesome the Evil Team is fighting, the Good Team is quiet and Johnny Cash gives us all the Bird from his grave:)

Totally in character...I think the Evil team will kick ass....been a long time since I was in a mega battle with anyone except an ex-wife:)

When is this going down...would love to play if not at least watch:)

I know what you mean about your ex...I've fought her too! Laughing

The event is Oct 30th, so don't miss the drama. It'd be great to have you play.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Yep, come on down Derek it should be alot of fun.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey, what happens if one side has more players than the other. Can a person bring 2 1500 point armies?

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GeoffKlassen on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 pm

The 1500 gets split evenly between the remaining players I would guess.

GeoffKlassen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 pm

I do believe Carson mentioned something about leaving it as it lies, if one side has more guys its too bad for the other! but I could be wrong.

Things to consider before chasing away people dont-cha-know

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Actually, from what I just read if it's uneven someone has to leave one side to join the other. Won't that make for an interesting dynamic.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Since I've had quite a few PM messages from Team Evil asking me to stay on, I plan to continue as the Evil General.

I hereby reclaim my rightful title, and will attend the event to smash Team Good as is duly justified.

Sorry for the drama, but I was so damn disappointed that I lost my excitement momentarily.

But few players are better general's than I, and none are more evil. So I will keep the reins of command.

If anyone has a problem with my generalship, let me know here.

Otherwise, attend to my previous PM's and get back to me on what everyone wants to bring so we can start coordinating.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Ok, so I really appreciate your enthusiasim Eric but I think that since you stepped down, and Don stepped down, we should put the issue out to the evil alliance members and get this squared away once and for all. If you capture the majority of the votes than you'll be the man for the job.

So, on the evil alliance thread I ask all members to voice thier preference.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They ain't Wood Elves!!! They're Beasties

Post  Noidomoro on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey Guys so Im' noticing a massive amount of good... and that just gives me hives... nooooo wait.. those are chaos mutations.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

That's right I"m throwin' in with team evil..... My Woodelves just arent' going to be ready in time sooooo

Carson can you please move me over too team evil...

oh.. and I vote for eric.

Cheers
Paul

Noidomoro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:42 pm

It smells like dissension on team evil rumor-mongers and propangandists step up on your street corner podiums and stir the pot. I heard all team evil players fight backwards bc there was more danger from getting stabbed in the back then what team good will do! Yeah take that evil suckkas!!!! lol

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:02 am

One thing I'm a bit disappointed about is that we aren't going to see many dragons or big stuff in this mega-battle. With the Cap for lords at 375 points per army nobody can afford it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Patchfur on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Am out of town that day - damn. Wanted to get my beastman army on the table.

Patchfur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  b.kevinsen on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:25 pm

nathanr wrote:One thing I'm a bit disappointed about is that we aren't going to see many dragons or big stuff in this mega-battle. With the Cap for lords at 375 points per army nobody can afford it.

If I remember correctly a naked dragon mage just squeezes in but will die on turn 1

b.kevinsen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

So Bob and myself tested out the rules and are in the process of finalising the details. Up soon will be a thread with the battle map, objectives and all the rules for the day.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Stash on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Im in with chaos

can do 8000pts daemons
3000 warriors.

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down