Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

So guys here is the thread for our next event to be run in Oct. Even though this is not a tournament it will count as round 3 of the masters. Masters points will be up for grabs.

This thread will provide initial background and a brief overview of the rules which are a WIP between myself and Bob.

so the initial background.................

"During the great Storm of Chaos that engulfed the old world, many bloody battles were fought and then forgotten, forshadowed by the darkness that engulfed Middenheim. One such battle that is just now gaining fame throughout the lands is the great slaughter of Ferlangen.

Of the many Champions of Chaos that followed Archaon, none were more vile or vain than Lord Lucifix the Eternal. Lucifix was chosen to lead a great host of allied forces on a wide flanking attack, bypassing Middenheim, along the coast into the heart of the Empire. This horde cut a great swath of bloodshed and destruction until brought to a halt at the gates of Ferlangen by an allied army led by Chancellor Gothberg"

rules.......
This is a sign-up thread for a legendary battle event to be run in October. Sign -up with name and prefered side ie. good or evil.
There is a 5$ entry fee for this event. Monies collected will go towards the masters trophy and battalion prize.

Once the players are set...... army build points, overall general, and preset unit builds will be assigned. Over the course of this league I will keep track of the results from both evil and good armies. The side that does the best during the league will set-up last in this legenday battle and will gain the first turn.
The overall general for each side will gain control of either Lord Lucifix or Chancellor Gothberg, will assign the "preset units" to players and co-ordinate strategy etc.

The good alliance will be defending the ruins of Ferlangen but will also be free to deploy units as normal on the battlefield. The evil side will be attacking the ruins.
Victory will be determined by VP's and by the scenario bonus.........vp bonus for the evil side if thier seige tower reaches the gates, bonus for the good allince if they destroy the seige tower or prevent it from reaching the gates.

Masters points..............each player on the winning side will recieve 2 masters points. All players involved will have opportunites to earn masters points throughout the battle. example...........killing a named character 1masters point, etc.

For the evil side these are the preset units that MUST be fielded. In addition each player will be free to bring units of a vp total to be determined

1. The Soulcrushers........The personal guard of Lord Lucifix. 50 chaos warriors with full command armed with halberds and shields......pushing a seige tower. The soulcrushers are led by Volgore, an exalted champion with a halberd, shield and the armour of damnation ****unit gets a roll on the eye of the gods table before the battle starts.

2. The Goredrinkers........50 bloodletters with full command led by Plauk, a herald of khorne on Juggernaught with armour of khorne, collar of khorne, and the firestorm blade.

3. The Reapers..........15 chaos knights with full command carrying the banner of rage, armed with ensorcelled weapons led by Varaush the vile, an exalted champion with flail, chaos armour, barded chaos steed, collar of khorne, and bloodcurdling roar.

Lord Lucifix.........Chaos Lord with the mark of Khorne on Deamonic mount armed with the hellfire sword, enchanted shield, and the ring of chaos (3+ward save). Any unit led by Lord Lucifix is stubborn and immune to pyschology.

Bob will post the required legendary units and characters from the good alliance.

So here it is................sign up if you want in with your name and prefered side. I'll get it rolling

Carson Gallant...Good alliance

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legendary Battle Masters round 3

Post  nathanr on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 am

I'm in. Nathan Rinholm...Good Alliance

I've got Dwarfs, Wood elves and Bretonnians available with the special characters for all 3 armies as well.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Depending on the actual date my slayers have an intrest in this great doom.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:05 pm

If you need to borrow some extra slayer models I've got a few.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuyp on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Dominique Mercier, Good alliance

Kuyp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mhael on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 pm

not sure exactly how the unit makeup will work but I would like to take an all slayer list out of Kadrin Karak. I only have twenty slayers with two converted heroes.

Mhael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Provided this is on a weekend...?...I am very much in for the Evil alliance...and where I go Paul is sure to follow. I need me some of those masters points as I am unable to participate in the league Sad

Sounds like fun.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 am

I think I have 10 - 15 slayers with command models, 2 dragon/daemon slayers and the old slayer king model, you are free to use any or all of them.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The forces of Good

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Here are the forces of good. May holy Sigmar bless them and keep them.

1. 3rd Company Imperial Artillery Engineers, Nuln
Led by Capt. of Arillery Hans Jagermun, the 3rd company are an elite unit that only a week ago were back in Nuln for repair and refit. Now they are called upon to once again defend hearth and home
2 great cannon, 2 mortars, 2 hellblasters
20 handgunners with Standard and Musician, unit has BS 4
Master Engineer, long rifle
Capt. of Artillery, full plate and shield, sword of righteous steel, repeater pistol
- while Capt Jagermun is alive all elements of the company can use his leadership if within 8”, handgunners can always stand and shoot and the cannons can use grape shot if chargers are more than 8” away at start of charge, . (they are elite in ability, not the parade ground)
- when deployed the artillery will always be put behind earthworks, walls etc. that give hard cover
2. Mazdamundi’s Gift
A powerful Slann, Mazdamundi has found the lost plaques of the Old Ones that tell of the Great Plan, and for it to proceed all corrupting elements of the world must be removed, Chaos most of all. To this end Mazdamundi has divined that Ferlangden must not fall. Hard pressed by Chaos in Lustria Mazdamundi has sent what aid he can.
40 saurus warriors, with full command
Korak-gar, old blood with burning blade, maiming shield, lite armour, and riding a carnasaur

- the lizardman contingent has been brought to Ferlangdon by powerful magics of Mazdzmundi. The Lizardmen enter on turn 2 in remaining moves,pick a spot along the Good table edge and move on as normal. Lizards cannot charge on turn arrives, Enemy cannot charge unit first turn after arriving such is the surprise of their arrival. Korak-gar must remain within 12” of saurus unit unless charging takes them farther apart

3. Crusade of the Blessed
Caught off guard by the Chaos flanking move the Empire forces are in dissay.. The province has been stripped of almost all fighters from 15 to 50 years of age. All that are left in the province are a very depleted home guard and those units returned for rest and refit before returning to the fray that will be the siege of Middenheim. Chancellor Gothberg has dispatched riders on the road to Ferlangdon , asking any and all able to swing a sword or notch an arrow to join with him in a last ditch defense at the ruins.
At dawn the Chancellor leaves for Ferlangdon. Along the way he joined by his old brother in arms Ferrous Kreigshund Grandmaster of the Knights Azure. Not only are the Knights Azure with him but knights from a score of orders gathered into a holy crusade against Chaos. As they make their way they are joined by small contingents of brave defenders. Though the numbers are never enough they know that they are blessed by Sigmar, and will be baptized by blood of their enemies.

25 Inner circle knights with full command and the Razor banner. Led by Grandmaster Kreigshund who has the Ogre Blade, and potion of speed

Chancellor Gothberg General of the Defense of Ferlangdon.

The Chancellor ride the griffon Blade Beak, has the sword of power, and holy relic. He has a vial of Cheetahs Blood , a one use potion that gives +3 Initiative for 1 turn, taken at start of combat. This potion can be taken by Chancellor or given to his griffon Blade beak

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I don't have any of these models. I could make a crusading force of bretonnians though.

Do we have a date for this yet?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:20 pm

One question from me, can anyone remember some fluff in the warhammer vampires book or something that talks about mannfred leading his armies against chaos when Archaon tried to invade. Just wondering where my vampires fit in this mess of things. I'll check my book when i get a chance, but in the mean time does anyone know?

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I'd definitely like to be a part of this epic battle with my Lizardmen.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Right now were looking at Oct.30

VampireCounts I believe attacked the Empire during the storm of chaos.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Groovy evil for me then.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I will be bringing dwarfs to this but right now my dwarf army is kind of in pieces. Is it too soon for us to know about what we can bring? I'd like to bring a fully painted force to this and if I have some time I'd also like to do some special conversions. Could someone in the know PM me or post some more details here?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:57 pm

I can bring the Bloodletters, but I have to tell ya', putting the Herald on a Jugger in 8th is going to be suicide.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Why?

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

No lookout sir. Can't hide the near-indestructable Herald anymore.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:01 pm

You could still put him on a jugger, but he'd need to be in a unit of them to get a "look out sir" roll.

Actually, could you put him on the corner of the bloodletter unit and have a unit of bloodcrushers within 3" to get the 4+ "look out sir" or is that only for independant characters?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Ah i see.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I think he'd get the 4+ lookout sir if he's within 3" of a Bloodletter unit. Too lazy to lift that book up to find the rule. Very Happy

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Its actually not as bad as it seems unless facing cannons...but its gay to cannon snipe anyway. The rules state that in a shooting attack every model must have 1 wound attributed before another wound can be placed. So, even without lookout rolls characters are pretty safe in units.

did I mention that character sniping is gay..........

Also, we have to see how many players sign up before we allocate points allowances but in any case it would not be more than 2000 per player.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 am

should be in school and should be able to muster an army, of what not sure as of yet but most likely i will fight on the side of good but if needed i might be able to round up enuff O&G to fill a evil spot if needed.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:10 am

.but its gay to cannon snipe anyway.
did I mention that character sniping is gay..........

Never having ever played an army with access to cannons, this has never been an issue with my play, but I have to say I disagree entirely.

Cannon sniping has been part of the game for as long as I can remember. Balanced by the Look Out Sir! roll.

It's also been a historical part of warfare since pre-Napoleonic era. I really don't see what the problem is.

There are a lot of ways to kill things in this game, why shouldn't cannons be able to kill characters? I don't get it.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 am

I think Cannon sniping is gayer than Christmas. I've always hated over-guessing even more though.

I'm asking out of ignorance, as I really don't know, but there's historical evidence that cannon sniping on characters (generals) was a common real-world occurrence?

I wouldn't go so far to say that 'look out sir' actually balances it, but I see your point.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top