Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic

Post  servantes on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I watched some of the tournament this past weekend and quite enjoyed it but was confused with the magic spell generation phase at the beginning ...

do you roll for each of you spellcasters individually - or the total of them as a pooled roll?

can each of them then cast any of the combined spells rolled - or are they limited to what they roll? In which case you would have double spells?

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magic

Post  Nathan.A. on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Each spell caster rolls an amount of dice equal to the amount of spells they are allowed to know. This is usually equal to the wizards level, but due to magic item they can sometimes learn more. After the dice have been rolled the spells the caster knows are determined by the number on the dice, a 1 means they know the first spell a 2 the second and so on. In the event they roll two numbers the same they have to choose to switch one to any other spell in the lore that they didn't attain when rolling. Also they are also always allowed to switch one spell they roll to that lore's signature spell, or in some cases for the old rulebooks the first spell in the given lore. Hope this helps, and if I'm wrong please someone correct me.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  servantes on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:21 pm

thanks Nathan I thought that was the case ... I was confused when I saw someone roll for all their wizards at the same time - re-rolling doubles ... I guess they were doing it wrong unless they had some item that allowed it.

servantes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top