Evening of Warhammer (Aug 8)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evening of Warhammer (Aug 8)

Post  ScottRadom on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:34 pm

Okay, for reals this time....

I would like to play a couple of games down at the den, starting at 7:15pm. I would like to play anyone but Nathan ('cause we played). 2000 points of Nurgle themed demons is what I'll be bringing.

Any takers? Anyone else wanna set up some games for then?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Evening of Warhammer (Aug 8)

Post  Carson on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 pm

Sounds good 7:15. Also, Eric, we need to get that previously planned game in?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:55 pm

How convenient, I'd like to play anyone but Scott! I'll try to be there, I might have a family BBQ to go to but I'll see what I can do. If I do come I'll bring 2000 points of wood elves (I'll bring a 3000 point list too just in case).

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:28 pm

I can be there, but I gotta be out of there by around 10:00-ish...

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:00 pm

I will definately be there, the BBQ has been moved to tonight so my Friday night is free! I will be looking for a couple games if possible. Carson or Scott, want a re-match?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

frriday Aug 8

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I will be able to game Friday 5:30 onwards.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:55 pm

So who wants to play who? I have played Bob and Nathan, so I would like to play either Carson or Eric.

Any other pairings planned?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 pm

I will play anyone, makes no matter who as long as I have a good time.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:18 pm

I've played Carson, Scott and Bob, but I'm up for re-matches if anybody wants one. I can be there by 7.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:05 pm

As far as I know Ive got Scott lined up for 730, Eric right after. Bob are you game for 530?

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Want to play a game at 7ish then Eric?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironwoulf on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:00 pm

Carson wrote:As far as I know Ive got Scott lined up for 730, Eric right after. Bob are you game for 530?

I'm good for 5:30, 5PM even.

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:27 pm

I'll be there big papa

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:25 pm

[quote="nathanr"]Want to play a game at 7ish then Eric?[/quote

Yeah, I can do that. I am not 100% on if I will have time to take on Carson afterward though, we'll have to see how quickly the games go. I do have to be heading to the fringe by 10:00ish.

More burlesque to be seen don'tcha know.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 am

Okay so I'll play Carson at 7:00ish and then I am free for a game following.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:24 pm

I ended up playing Bob's Empire army last night and due to some great tactics on Bob's part as well as some great shooting he scored a solid victory on me. It was a great game and could have gone either way throughout most of the game up until the final few turns. I guess my unbeaten streak is now ended. I think Bob was completely painted and I was not. There were a few other games at the den, but I don't remember how they ended up. I took some pictures that I'll put up in a bit, but they are really blurry so don't get your hopes up too much!

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 pm

Eric took his filthy Keeper of secrets and kicked the shit out of my army. Only a solid victory but It was chiefly due to poor luck on Eric's part. I was fully painted, which makes me a better human being so I should get a little something out of that. I can't say it was a see-saw battle with the outcome in doubt until the end, I pretty well knew what the deal was gonna be after my brave nurglings acted against my will and fed themselves to the keeper of secrets. Bonehead move that ruined a great chance for me to play this one a little more competitively.

Next time Eric.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:41 pm

We'll it turned out to be a great night. First game up I played against Bob's deathorglory army, Lots of shooting and knights. After something like 8 misfires and the fleeing of humans the game ended. Horrible luck on Bobs part, although his InnerCircle knights kicked the shit out of my ASF WhiteLions. As always with Bob it was a really fun game no matter what the outcome.
Next up was Eric and his Deamons. Was not expecting great results from my army here but wow what a game. My shooting proved to be quite deadly when combined with the curse of arrow attraction but Erics Keeper quickly hemned me in... it didn't look good. The highpoint came with a crucial combat between Eric's keeper plus bloodletters vs a block of my spearmen. Some pore rolls from Eric allowed my eleves to hold which allowed a flank charge from a lion chariot.....minor victory for me.

You know, Warhammer in the city is just getting better and better, can't remember the last time I had an "unfun" game. Big thanks out to everyone.....lets keep it rolling!

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:02 pm

ScottRadom wrote:Next time Eric.

Absolutely.

I had a blast playing some games last night. It was good to finally get the Daemons out onto the open battlefield. The game against Scott, I think was intimidating for both sides. I had the leadership denying quick and nimble army of doom, while Scott's Nurgle phalanx just kept advancing forward.

I dare any other unit in the game to take 48 S5 hits and only suffer 6 casualties. T4, ward save and regeneration on most of the army really makes you stop and think. And fear. I think after deployment it was pretty much a race to see whose Greater Daemon would come out on top in terms of body count. Great game.

As to the game against Carson, it was possibly one of the most challenging games I've had in a long time, and certainly one of the most amusing. I think the high point of the game would have to be my unit of Daemonettes getting shot, and then shot, and then charging (while getting shot), ending up with a single Daemonette in combat with a unit of archers for 5 consecutive combat phases. The little Daemonette killed more than her weight in elves, but in the end succumbed (she was probably tired from ninja fighting the entire unit for so long).

My apologies to Nathan. I thought it was much earlier in the evening when Scott asked me to play the game. I didn't realize it was already nearing the time for our game. I hope to get a game against you sometime soon, those Wood Elves of yours look pretty amazing.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top