8th edition FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8th edition FAQ

Post  Lord_Stash on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:11 pm

There isnt a rulebook FAQ, but I started a thread on dakka dakka which I hope will take hold. Here are the issues I have found so far:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/307067.page#1771487

Lord_Stash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th edition FAQ

Post  Grant on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

It looks like they released a rulebook FAQ. Must have been release quite recently.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1330084a_FAQ_WarhammerRulebook_2010_v1.pdf

Grant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Wow, it seems as though GW has turned over another leaf with the support they are giving their rulebooks. I know some people will be complaining about the poor editing that requires 6 pages of errata and FAQ's but I think most of the changes are there primarily to stop the rules lawyers from trying to twist the rules in their favour by finding loopholes. The loopholes have always been there, but now they are actively fixing them as they come up instead of waiting for the next edition to fix them.

One thing I found interesting:

Q: If a model is transformed, for example by the Transformation of
Kadon or Sivejirís Hex Scroll, do their special rules stop working
along with their magic items and equipment?(Reference)
A: No

So a high elf mage that transforms will always strike first and an ethreal vampire will become an ethreal dragon! Crazy. What other special abilities are out there for wizards?

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 pm

It almost feels as if "new management" has come in and changed how the shop is run.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Like I said in another forum, It's nice to have errata a few weeks late instead of NEVER! People have been argueing over rules for 2 weeks since 8th came out, but in previous editions you argued for the whole edition.

I'm tired of the GW bashing and I really like the initiative they're taking. You can please some of the people some of the time....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:03 am

So a high elf mage that transforms will always strike first and an ethreal vampire will become an ethreal dragon! Crazy. What other special abilities are out there for wizards?

Well off the top of my head some really good ones are:
Red Fury for Vampires - get an extra attack for each wound you inflict.
Any Daemonic Gifts a Lord of Change can take. Staff of Change is particularly nice.
Dark Elf Sorceress with Hatred.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:35 pm

It makes sense that a Slaan can't cast it, a dragon that can only be harmed by magic with MR3 and a 4+ ward save would be a bit over the top. I'm still waiting for a change to the Slaan regeneration rule, unless someone can tell me a rule I missed stating why taking a 4+ regeneration save would be worth the points when he has the 4+ ward.

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 am

There are some items which negate ward saves so you could still use your regeneration in those cases but no, its not really worth it.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top