upcoming Tournament?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

upcoming Tournament?

Post  Carson on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Hey all, just listened to a 2 and 1/2 hour podcast on the new 8th edition rules.........awesomness. The game is going to be the best version yet.

www.baddice.co.uk

So, on a related note how does a tournament in July sound. I'm thinking towards the end of July so that everyone can have a chance to get up to speed on the new rules.

Also, remember that the league will end on July 9. Playoffs to start on the 10th when everyone can grab thier new books.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: upcoming Tournament?

Post  Ironwoulf on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:01 pm

end of July sounds good. I'm booked July 24th

Ironwoulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:59 pm

I'd be down for a tournament in July. Middle to the end of July would be perfect.

I had a look at the rulebook last night and I was pretty impressed. I'm not a big fan of what they did to skirmishers though. No 360 line of sight and fixed formation is the worst idea I've ever heard. Now there is very little advantage to skirmish. I'm going to have to field my dryads and wardancers in much bigger units or not at all. The best rule change in my opinion is for characters riding monstrous cavalry such as pegasi, unicorns and stags. The merged profile will mean that those mounts are actually a bonus and not a liability for the character.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Hmmm, we should have a tourney on the 10th so we can all grab the new book at 20% off... study

Carson wrote:Hey all, just listened to a 2 and 1/2 hour podcast on the new 8th edition rules.........awesomness. The game is going to be the best version yet.

www.baddice.co.uk

So, on a related note how does a tournament in July sound. I'm thinking towards the end of July so that everyone can have a chance to get up to speed on the new rules.

Also, remember that the league will end on July 9. Playoffs to start on the 10th when everyone can grab thier new books.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan.A. on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:55 pm

I think a tournament in July is a great idea, I'm in.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Hmmm, we should have a tourney on the 10th so we can all grab the new book at 20% off...

Hee Hee, that's a great idea although I'm sure we'd see a sour face behind the counter.

I'm in for the tourny. First prize should be the rulebook.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm

If it's an 8th ed tourny I might try to dust off the old boyz for a tussle. I am also booked on July 24th though. I am getting super smashed brothers with my Bro for his Birthday.

I like anything they do to reduce skirmishers. I HATED the conept of massive blocks of infantry being led around by 5-6 guys who really did SFA. I'd like to see them get treated more like they were in the Napoleonic era. More of a nuisance or even something that augmented a unit they were near but that's all. BUt I guess I don't have long to see!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWade on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:47 am

I am completely book on July 3, July 10, July 17th...but open after that. I'm in for sure.

TheWade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Freezingoon on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:33 am

I'd definitely come drive back to Saskatoon for a tournament put on by you guys, if I was lucky enough that it fell on the weekend of the 31st, the only weekend I have off that whole month Crying or Very sad

Freezingoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:33 am

give me a date, and i will take it off. Craven for the 17th but either the 24th or the 31st will work. cheers

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:31 am

Well, it seems to be narrowing down to the 24th or 31st.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:43 am

Actually I talked to Al yesterday and booked for the 31st. I'll post details up with the rules and info in another thread shortly.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top