Chaos release date

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chaos release date

Post  Kallidon on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 am

Here's a tasty little tidbit. I didn't know about this myself, but I tend to just follow the 40K news. However, new chaos stuff means new Khorne stuff (and maybe Beastmen) so it has to be good news. Anything new for chaos is always good!

Kallidon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chaos release date

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:47 pm

I can't wait to see what they do. My dream has always been for 4 different books, Nurgle, Khorne etc. that would cover mortals, beasts and demons for each pantheon with rules for mix'n and matchin'. I doubt they'll do that though.

I am not in love with the Chaos Warrior models. They're great for undivided or even Khorne style warriors but I don't like them for the rest of the gods.

I am intrigued and I hope they go for more of a square roots overhaul for the book as opposed to just mildly re-doing a bit of the list.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:18 pm

I get absolutely giddy about the rumours of the new Chaos. Come November when the new book comes out, I think I'll just miss a mortgage payment, buy everything and get painting my mortal army.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:22 pm

squalie wrote:I get absolutely giddy about the rumours of the new Chaos. Come November when the new book comes out, I think I'll just miss a mortgage payment, buy everything and get painting my mortal army.

You think you can do that and miss only ONE mortgage payment?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Why not? How much could it possibly cost to make a 10,000 point army?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:27 pm

Probably around $1500.

I got 3500 points of Daemons for around $450 from the Warstore, so I'd imagine it'd run pretty similarly for Mortals.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:01 am

I was trying to slip in a joke there. Guess I should've used a smiley face. Very Happy

Mortals are my true love, it's just that I can't stand the Marauder models. I'm going to spend soooo much money in Nov, I should start saving now. I already own about 5,000 points of warriors.

And Scott, you just keep looking in your rear-view mirror, when Nov rolls around I'll show those Dwarfs how to use armour the right way! (blocking cannonballs)

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:52 am

I'll fight Dwarf's vs Chaos any day of the week! I think it's actually a huge mismatch (in favor of the dwarfs) and love playing it out. If the shooting rounds go poor.... oh oh. But otherwise a neatly trimmed chaos army vs. a dwarf line sounds like a perfect day to break out the axe and beer stein!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:16 am

There are actually quite a few dwarf armies kicking around here, I've got about 5,000 points worth, we could do a Chaos vs Dwarf megabattle! I think pretty much everyone has one or the other.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:29 am

I'll fight Dwarf's vs Chaos any day of the week! I think it's actually a huge mismatch (in favor of the dwarfs) and love playing it out. If the shooting rounds go poor.... oh oh. But otherwise a neatly trimmed chaos army vs. a dwarf line sounds like a perfect day to break out the axe and beer stein!

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning...

Sounds like a gauntlet slap to me, so you best git paintin' them Stunties. I'd like to go on record saying that I'm talking about the upcomming warriors and not the current ones. Having said that, if I had a chance to play a SoC list one more time that would be pretty cool.

I could make a 10,000 point Chaos army right now. Not exactly sure how legal it would be....

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 am

I'm paintin', I'm Paintin' already!

Why I like the dwarfs vs. Chaos warriors is the stat line and combat abilities are about equal, with the exception of Chaos Warriors striking ahead of dwarfs od Init. The good thing about dwarfs...

-Cheaper. All those points CW have to spend on each model to boost lousy stats like Movement and Initiative are negated once they hit the dwarf line.

-Durability. The high LD coupled with armor saves BSB etc make dwarfs pretty tough to break with a standard infantry unit or even a rankless CHosen Knight charge.

-Shooting! Chaos has to try and use their fast cav and maybe magic to deal with precision dwarven marsmanship. Dwarf Artillery and missile troops can not only really, really thin the ranks of the chaos units but they can pretty easily take a charge from marauder fast cav or furies etc.

I love it, and I'll play you as soon as the paint dries on my last fig!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:15 pm

I've played against Dwarfs quite a bit. The difference in my view is that Warriors can't have all the Rune-goodies that make those Dwarfs so damn hard to break. Those lil buggers are like a brick wall to get through...

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Yes, easily the toughest army to try and break.......And I'm not just saying that because of my stellar win percentage against Scott's Dwarfs. Embarassed

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

http://warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43551&d=1218029928

Anyone wanna' buy 10 old Mounted Maurauders?

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:33 pm

Wow, aren't those something! Man if they keep that trend going for the models I definetely will have to do a mortal army. Maybe undivided or stick to my Nurgle roots.

Stunning. Nice find!

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 pm

From what I have read, the Marauders are the most boring of the new chaos. You see why I'm waiting for Warriors? I would have no problem painting 2000 in a month, if this is what the army is going to look like.

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:04 pm

Khorne Lord on Juggernaught:

edited by Scott to include pic

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Love the juggernaught, hate the rider. He looks a little too nonchalant for a Khornate whack job. Also despise the horns on his head.

A beautifully sculpted model and it will be fantastic to crush on the tabletop. Maybe they're sort of toning down the Khorne "Blood for the blood god" crap? The Demon book sort of pushed the more martial aspect of Khorne and less of the "crazy drunk irishman at his dad's third wedding looking to duke it out with anyone" type aspect of khorne. Respect if they do that as I've never been able to follow the mindset of a khorne army. Shouldn't they have all killed each other by the time the 1st turn starts? I ramble.....

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carson on Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:41 pm

I love it....except for the horned head. Seeing these pics really makes me want to build up a mortal army.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nathanr on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Apparently the model comes with two different heads, one is a helmet (sort of like the Bretonnian king) If so I'd definitely take the helm. Here are some new pictures I found:

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161402
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161276

I like the knights, the only problem with them is that they don't really look like the old ones so you can't really use them together. Oh well they are plastic so you'll actually be able to afford more than one unit! The chosen warriors look pretty cool too from what you can see of them. Spearhead comes out on the 18th of October... (I won't be getting it because my wife would kill me if I started ANOTHER army!)

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top