Selling magnet basing kits?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Selling magnet basing kits?

Post  epengr on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 am

Hi all,

Iíve been playing around with the idea of ordering some nice solid and flat steel unit bases from a machine shop for magnetic basing. I can get them waterjet cut for a pretty reasonable price, but I'd have to get a bunch.

Would anyone want to magnet base their army? I have a source for rare-earth magnets that should fit all man-size bases without modification.

If I offered you a kit with a base and enough magnets for one unit for around $5 (maybe a little more for large hordes), would you be interested?

If you were a random person on eBay and saw the same kit for ~$10, do you think youíd consider it? I wouldnít mind selling some on eBay for a bit of a profit, but Iíd give the league a special price Wink.

-David

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Selling magnet basing kits?

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:06 pm

It's not a bad idea, what about the movement trays themselves?

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:26 pm

It would be the tray and the magnets for the price. For example and unit of 15 Saurus would need a 125 mm x 75 mm steel plate and 15 rare earth magnets, and that's what the "kit" would include. I've been using basically the same but with rubber magnet strips instead of rare earth magnets and even they are strong enough that it makes a solid block of troops that's easy to handle. You really don't need a tray with a lip at all.

-David

ScottRadom wrote:It's not a bad idea, what about the movement trays themselves?

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top