Hello all.....Fantasy Convert?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello all.....Fantasy Convert?

Post  Xolan on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Hello all,

40k Name: Guardian Angel
Fantasy: Xolan

Just leaving 40k and still wanted to game to figured I would give Fantasy a whirl. I am slowly putting together a Warriors of Chaos army....and hopefully will have a playable list of wee chaos warriors by the time 8th shows up.....They may still be slightly grey or black by that time, but we shall see.

Anyhoo....once I have a reasonable list, I will try to set up a game or ten to learn things. I have no doubt that I will have a couple 40k habits....so bear with me.

Anyhoo....what points level do you guys typically play at? From the bit of reading I have done online....2000 or 2250 seems to be popular numbers, but I am willing to work with whatever is normal for Toon Town games.

Anyhoo....take care all....I will try to keep the newb questions to a minimum.

Xolan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello all.....Fantasy Convert?

Post  nathanr on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:27 am

Welcome! 2200 is our standard number for league games. You'll definitely want to join the league, that way you'll have no shortage of willing opponents.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 am

Welcome!

There seems to be no shortage of newbies here now (my self included), so let the questions role. I'm not likely to answer, but I'll probably learn from the answer!

I've added you to the offical Ravening Hordes Roster, which I just noticed is topic #666, how cool is that!

The roster is new and not everyone has sent me their details yet... HINT!

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xolan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 am

Actually, 99% of my questions would be answered if I bought a core rulebook (armour pen, weapons bonuses, how magic works, hero challenges, etc.)....however, I heard a rumour that a brand spanky new one will be coming out within the next couple o' weeks so I am thinking about waiting til it shows up. Smile

Anyhoo....I won an older Warriors of Chaos army off ebay, so it should give me a decent base to build off of....plus the goodies I bought at the den and ordered from GW website, I thikn I will be able to field a reasonable army.....how well it would do it a TOTALLY different story.

Now to just wait "patiently" until all my little plastic/metal men show up....

Xolan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  squalie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 am

Welcome!

I wouldn't bother picking up a rule book. Just hang with someone and get used to the phases in a turn and how fantasy differs from 40k. The game is completely overhauled in a few weeks, so it gives you time to paint! Wink

squalie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pud on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

welcome to the the league, another newbie here and if you want a smaller warm up match let me know.

Pud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top