WE Eternal guard.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WE Eternal guard.

Post  Nathan.A. on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 am

Hey guys, just wondering if Eternal guard are a legit choice for a wod elf army if led by a highborn, stubborn leadership 10 seems kinda bad ass to me, but then again they're only str 3 t 3, not sure if its valid, love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Nathan.A.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WE Eternal guard.

Post  Carson on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 am

I think its a really good choice ....but the whole army would then need to be built with this unit in mind to make it work. The typical wood elf army is built around NOT engaging which is opposite to this units abilities. I've seen alot some wood elf armies at tournaments trying to play both ways and just dosn't work. I would love to see a WoodElf army built in a "straight up" engagement manner with a couple units of eternal guard.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RickyDMMontoya on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm

With 8th edition a few weeks away, they will become quite an effective choice.

2 attacks for each front rank model, and then 1 attack for the second rank, and 1 attack for the third rank, and if you take them 10 wide, 1 attack for the fourth rank lets you dish out a lot of attacks.

Same amount of attacks as High Elf Spearmen, but better WS, and Ld, with Stubborn, and you don't lose attacks as quickly.

Quite an effective unit soon believe.

RickyDMMontoya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top