doubles recap

View previous topic View next topic Go down

doubles recap

Post  Carson on Sun May 23, 2010 3:38 pm

So big thanks to all that attended, it was a good time and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Also a big shout out to Darren, who as usual gave me great support, Thanks.

In the end the brothers Rinholm took home the bragging rights with great play and a very nice looking allied army. Congrats. Some new guys showed up and brought along great sportsmanship and attitudes to our group....your a welcome addition. Way to go Zack for overcoming Bens hinderances and taking home the best sportsman award......just kidding Ben!

So onwards and upwards....look forward to another local tournament to coincide with the soon release of 8th edition!

I'll post the masters points totals and update the ladder shortly.
On another note the vets over beers discussed our little community here and came up with some good ideas.......We have a great community here, almost like a family, and sportsmanship has pretty much become redundant for our group. For the next tournament I'm suggesting dropping sportsmanship in favour of another category. I'm leaning towards a "hobbyist" award that encompasses.......painting (based on age and experience with the hobby), enthusiasim and attitude, and of course game play which will lean back in part to sportsmanship.

The points value will be determined later for each event but I'm thinking of a 60-40 split in points. I'd like to give this a try and see how it works. The beauty of this is that it prevents new or young guys from having a very low painting score, encourages good play and rewards those that love all facets of the hobby......yet does not over-penalize those that concentrate on just a few aspects of the hobby.

Also I need to clean up my "handling" of the tournament and would like to get ahold of a marker board to post opponents and assigned tables to eliminate having to shout and such.

Thoughts or suggestions.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: doubles recap

Post  nathanr on Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks again for running the tournament Carson, it was lots of fun and my brother said he'd definitely be down to play in the next one, especially if it was a doubles tournament! I agree with whats been said about the sportsmanship, I have yet to have a bad game here in Saskatoon and I think the idea of hobby points is a good one. Afterall, it is a big aspect of the game and it is so much more fun to play with and against painted armies that have had thought put into their construction.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ben the kid is back on Tue May 25, 2010 2:45 pm

nathanr wrote:Thanks again for running the tournament Carson, it was lots of fun and my brother said he'd definitely be down to play in the next one, especially if it was a doubles tournament! I agree with whats been said about the sportsmanship, I have yet to have a bad game here in Saskatoon and I think the idea of hobby points is a good one. Afterall, it is a big aspect of the game and it is so much more fun to play with and against painted armies that have had thought put into their construction.

i agree i my opinion gaming is half the hobby and painting/modeling is the other half, But it does not seem to equally reprresented in many tournaments i attend.

ben the kid is back

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top