WIP: Lizardmen Kit-bashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WIP: Lizardmen Kit-bashing

Post  epengr on Sat May 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Hello again,

In my question to feild a cheap lizardmen army, I managed to aquire a Lizardmen Battalion at a good price (Thanks Scott) - so now I'm working to make the most out of it.

This is the first modern plastic kit I've seen, and I have to say Im impressed. I'm still stuck in the 90's metal=better mindset, but plastics are MUCH better than they uest to be.

I plan to field the old skinks and saurus that I have as my core units, I have the Cold One riders and Temple Guard (and a ouple serpent swarms) from the battilion, and I'm going to use the insane number of ccol little extra bits to bash the new skinks and saurus into Heroes and Lords. Since they are SO different then the old plastic, the distinction will be clear and the extra bits makes it really easy to make it clear what they are.

Here're my first two atempts, a Skink Priest and a Skink Chief (with 2nd hand weapon, shield and light armour (pauldrons)):

From behind, with a skink and a skirmisher for comparison:

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

Thanks,
David

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WIP: Lizardmen Kit-bashing

Post  Carson on Sun May 09, 2010 11:37 am

Now thats progress, good work. Can't wait to see a new Lizardmen player take the field.

And yes, the new plastic kits coming out from GW are quite awesome and really allow the customization of ones army.

Carson
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top