Skink mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skink mods

Post  epengr on Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 pm

So I have 100's of skinks and saurus from the 5th ed box (I bought up everyone's that didn't want to play Lizards back in the day), and I'm trying to make them compatible with the 7th ed army list (watch, 8th will take it back the way they were...).

I'm hoping "pretend the bows are blowguns" is okay with most players for the skirmishers, since 6th ed seems to be the last time skinks used bows?

But javelin/shield units is obviously a different matter, so here's the first 4 mods I did tonight (I don't have enough "shields", I have to pick some up). There were two different skink poses in the 5th ed plastics and I've managed 4 variations:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Do you think the javelins need tips, or would paint do? I could easily "drill lathe" them to a dull point, but molding obsinite heads would drive me crazy Smile.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Skink mods

Post  nathanr on Wed May 05, 2010 7:45 am

I like them! The thumb tacks make pretty good shields, I would never have thought of that. I don't think the javelins need tips, they'd fly better this way anyway.

nathanr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  epengr on Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 am

Thank you!

A thumb tack's a good idea too, but these are actually sequins Smile. Thier faceted surface looks pretty good for a shield and I think they'll look great with some paint.

nathanr wrote:I like them! The thumb tacks make pretty good shields, I would never have thought of that. I don't think the javelins need tips, they'd fly better this way anyway.

epengr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top